Sonic the Hedgehog vs Rainbowdash: A long debate explained.

Cpt Charisma's Avatar Cpt Charisma3/24/14 4:35 pm
1 emeralds 2.1k 36
3/27/2014 5:06 pm
ToadDan's Avatar ToadDan
I'm a HUGE Sonic fan, so I have quite a lot of knowledge of Sonic, from the Megadrive to the Dreamcast I have books, experiences, and content all saved up from my still ongoing years of growing up with Sonic. Sonic being 21, and I only 13. Have always thought of the speedy blue hedgehog to be as his title remains, "The Fastest Thing Alive" Now before I get into the scienceybreakdown of who's who, and the who's in the dust, I'd like to say that this is to proof that this individual is faster, and the idiots who say that Eggman is the fastest thing alive, well, we all know that was just so the last level could be played. Admit it Silver Sonic was way to easy to be a final boss. This is just between Sonic, and Rainbowdash.

Now grant it, Sonic obviously has a greater amount of
A: Agility
B: Stamina
C: Experience
D: Strength

This is because of the years he spent fighting oh I don't know
2 genies
countless robots
identical copies
robotic identical copies
a futuristic psychic
a demon King
an embodiment of Chaos
A synthetic space copy meant to be a medicine for human beings(My personal favorite Shadow)

But since I have only gotten up to Season 2 episode 5 of The Friendship is Magic series. I don't a lot about Rainbowdash, and the only real speed boost she seems to have is the sonicrainboom which goes a surprising Mach 10. (Btw I'm not a brony.)

That being said the breakdown of Rainbowdash is that she can fly giving her a little bit of an agility advantage over sonic, but since Sonic's Super sonic form goes at Mach 5 which is his top speed that isn't really a factor.

Here's the final two decision makers before I declare.

Hyper Sonic(Mach 7) + The Lightspeed Dash(which can be done in any form)

Sonic Rainboom(Mach 10)

Now the lightspeed dash is a horizontal movement which only takes sonic 1 to 2 seconds to get going, whereas it takes rainbowdash 18 seconds to charge up using the forces of gravity(which means she cant do that natural on the contrary to Sonic's lightspeed dash) this means she would have to fly upwards costing her some more time.

so in a more understandable equations form:

Sonic=horizontal natural 1 to 2 second lightspeed dash
Rainbowdash= vertical 18+ seconds sonic rainboom

horizontal and vertical are the two deciding factors.
you may say well she will catch up to Sonic using the Sonic Rainboom
on the contrary my friends since Rainbowdash cannot charge and use this move naturally without the help of gravitational pull, the laws of friction would eventually slow her down.

Even if she seemed to pull ahead, Sonic, being a embodiment of Chaos also has the ability of Chaos Control, but needs the help of a Chaos Emerald. Being that Super Sonic would always be factored into this he would obviously have enough power to Chaos Control to the finish line.

Therefore, I declare Sonic the winner!

I wouldn't mind hearing your preferences on Sonic Team vs the MLP Team(including the princesses) just not Elise (never again Sega never again). I definetly think a formidable matchup would be Shadow vs Luna, (too operators of the Shadows, aswell as Knuckles vs Applejack (the tanks) and Cream/Cheese vs Fluttershy/Angel.
Cpt Charisma
Level 12 : Journeyman Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/27/2014 5:06 pm
Level 45 : Master Sheep
ToadDan
I think Sonic would win. (I may dislike MLP:FiM very very very very very very very much, but I seriously think Sonic is faster/stronger.) Also, on the topic of Death Battle, awesome fighters are sometimes portrayed like this, such as the Mario Bros:
03/27/2014 3:46 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Spider Rider
Narwal_Lover31
This is hard. Technically speaking, both characters can go at about the speed of light in some way, Rainbow Dash with the sonic rain boom and Sonic with super sonic. But in speed, I honestly think there's a chance Rainbow would win. However, like a few people said above, without a doubt Sonic would win in strength. This is kind of a hard question.
03/27/2014 3:53 pm
Cpt Charisma
When in doubt, use Chaos Control.
03/27/2014 3:34 pm
Cpt Charisma
Good point, lets get back on topic, sonic vs rainbowdash. I do agree that sonic has superior speed than rainbowdash, as the author said, due to his experience. I would like to see them in a different contest other than speed. What about strength?[/quote]
Sonic wins in strength, no doubt about it. xD[/quote]

Strength... welp, why are you comparing sonic to a PONY? That's like comparing superman to robin (No offence). Well, there is a possibly Rainbow Dash is stronger. Sonic can home, but rainbow would be able to dodge easy. If he misses, what could happen. (A slight smash bros reference.) [/quote]

Sonic has more experience in the field though, like how many times have you seen Rainbowdash buck through solid steel?

The real fight for strength would be between Knuckles, and Applejack, I'll make a blog out of that one though.
03/26/2014 11:06 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Did I just set the scene for a flame war?
03/26/2014 11:12 pm
Level 22 : Expert Princess
arlodee
Good point, lets get back on topic, sonic vs rainbowdash. I do agree that sonic has superior speed than rainbowdash, as the author said, due to his experience. I would like to see them in a different contest other than speed. What about strength?
03/26/2014 11:17 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Sonic wins in strength, no doubt about it. xD
03/26/2014 11:46 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
Strength... welp, why are you comparing sonic to a PONY? That's like comparing superman to robin (No offence). Well, there is a possibly Rainbow Dash is stronger. Sonic can home, but rainbow would be able to dodge easy. If he misses, what could happen. (A slight smash bros reference.)
03/26/2014 10:47 pm
irritatedCat
AnimeFanFTW
arlodee
AnimeFanFTWCheck a Youtube series called "Death Battle"
Check these two videos: "Rainbow Dash VS Starscream" and "Mario VS Sonic"
In those videos, they say how fast Rainbow Dash and Sonic can go.

If I can remember correctly, the videos say that Rainbow Dash is faster.

I reckon starscream would exterminate rainbow dash in a proper duel, however.

Hahahahahaha, nope. Just check the Rainbow Dash VS Starscream video. xD

Adrolee: I did, and I found it to be quite biased. Rainbow dash possesses absolutely no weapons, whilst star scream has several. I don't understand what the ability to move at supersonic speeds would do at all. How would she utilize this in combat? in addition, she is quite small compared to starscream. Human weapons failed against the decepticon forces before, and they were small like Rainbow Dash. Any damage that she inflicts would feel like an ant. Unlike other transformers, Starscream posesses a mutant indestructible spark, so his life force still exists without a body, which allows him to take control of Rainbow Dash.
This is just my thoughts on it.

Well, this whole conversation is biased to be honest. We are hearing from sonic fans and bronies.
03/26/2014 10:22 pm
arlodee
AnimeFanFTW
arlodee

I did, and I found it to be quite biased. Rainbow dash possesses absolutely no weapons, whilst star scream has several. I don't understand what the ability to move at supersonic speeds would do at all. How would she utilize this in combat? in addition, she is quite small compared to starscream. Human weapons failed against the decepticon forces before, and they were small like Rainbow Dash. Any damage that she inflicts would feel like an ant. Unlike other transformers, Starscream posesses a mutant indestructible spark, so his life force still exists without a body, which allows him to take control of Rainbow Dash.
This is just my thoughts on it. I'd like to hear from a bronies point of view.
03/26/2014 9:51 pm
AnimeFanFTW
arlodee

03/26/2014 9:45 pm
irritatedCat
Wait, why are we talking about SONIC on a MINECRAFT website in the first place?
03/26/2014 9:46 pm
AnimeFanFTW
It's called "General Discussion"
03/26/2014 9:41 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Check a Youtube series called "Death Battle"

03/26/2014 9:50 pm
arlodee
I reckon starscream would triumph against rainbow dash in a proper duel, however.
03/26/2014 9:39 pm
irritatedCat
Then again, this is coming from a sonic fan... lol I'm no brony. I declare Mario as the winner! (Game Theory)
03/26/2014 9:08 pm
Cpt Charisma
Skelly_Toon
arlodeeOfc rainbow dash is outmatched. I propose a duel between sonic and another character from some other series.

Sonic The Hedgehog Vs. The Flash

Maybe I should just make a blog out of this thing pinning Sonic up against other super fast characters
03/26/2014 9:06 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
arlodeeOfc rainbow dash is outmatched. I propose a duel between sonic and another character from some other series.

Sonic The Hedgehog Vs. The Flash
03/26/2014 9:03 pm
arlodee
Of course Rainbow Dash is outmatched. I propose a duel between sonic and another character from some other series.
03/26/2014 8:32 pm
Level 29 : Expert Toast
CleverUserName01
03/26/2014 5:41 pm
Cpt Charisma
If you listen to the beginning of Spectrum (Rainbowdash's theme) then listen to Chosen One (Shadow the Hedgehog Neutral theme) They sound almost exactly the same.
03/26/2014 7:27 pm
Skeltal
03/26/2014 8:30 pm
Cpt Charisma
So that's a ya they do or a what the hell are you talking about?
03/24/2014 6:33 pm
Level 20 : Expert Scribe
Medieval-Sanity
Sonic.

03/24/2014 6:04 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Mage
__Redacted__
I would have to say Sonic wins, saying that rainbowdash has more wind to break and wings can bbee pprreettyy ddaarrnn ssllooww. The closer you are to the ground, the less wind you need to break (yes, it is hard to run up by Denver ). They say she can fly 5 times the speed of sound but Sonic goes fast enough he could cover a kilometer in about 0.05 seconds and punch through about 500 meters of solid steel, so about 20 times the speed of sound. Leaving a trail of fire behind you would result in warp speeds . I saw rainbow dash go at her highest speed and not make a dent in a cloud, so not that fast. And you have to consider a flying pony in a fantasy world, the sound barrier could be at 1/mph, COULD. So yea, Sonic easily wins .

I always wanted to do Minecraft and Starmade V.S. MLP and ROBLOX V.S. Sonic's team and COBALT V.S. Wizard 101 and Pirate101.

NOTE: I got most of this info from knolage. Please dont steam if I am wrong at anything, just nicely reply my mistake.
03/24/2014 5:19 pm
Skeltal
[yt]dNwspV1x_gk[/yt]
[yt]bSj7yRyPWaQ[/yt]
Thought you might like these since your a sonic fan.
03/25/2014 4:21 pm
Cpt Charisma
TY. I'll watch them right away.
03/25/2014 5:18 pm
Skeltal
All based on sonic heroes,one of the best Sonic 3D games,with a share of glitches.
03/24/2014 6:36 pm
Level 20 : Expert Scribe
Medieval-Sanity
I love seaside denied
03/24/2014 6:53 pm
Skeltal
Nice to see another fan of these vids.
03/24/2014 5:11 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior
EnderGuy285
Well, Sonic can go faster than the speed of sound which is approximately 767 mph. Plus, he can turn to Super Sonic which is way faster than the speed of sound.
Now for Rainbow Dash, she can go about the same speed of Sonic breaking the sound barrier as well. Her "sonic" rainbow boom makes her go about the same speed of Super Sonic, so I don't know. Plus Rainbow dash can fly, mean while Sonic can't. Rainbow Dash is a black belt in martial arts. Also Sonic can do that roll trick and he can turn to Super Sonic which basically kills everything so I have no idea who could win. Perhaps a draw maybe?
03/26/2014 11:55 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
dagget10
ok, sonic still wins, becuz HEZ A BOSS
03/24/2014 4:59 pm
Level 48 : Master Baconator
SonicFan1011
I'm going to say Sonic is faster. The only reason that Sonic doesn't appear to be going at the speed of sound is most likely the fact that Sega wants us to be able to SEE him. But when it comes down to it, it really all depends on your opinion.
03/24/2014 5:09 pm
Cpt Charisma
That is the EXACT same thing I said to my friend when he questioned me about that!
03/24/2014 4:54 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
CuteBlock
You should watch Game theory. He made a video about how fast sonic is.
03/24/2014 4:56 pm
Cpt Charisma
I saw that game theory. But I'm talking about the twos depicted speed I'm not talking what they would be in real life, cause technically speaking Pegasus, Pegasi? don't exist in the real world.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome