The Saddest Moments in Games

ddman18's Avatar ddman189/30/12 6:39 pm
1 emeralds 2.5k 179
7/3/2013 6:03 pm
Doggle's Avatar Doggle
The title says it all. Post the saddest moments, in your opinion, in games.

One rule..... NO FLAMING!

Note: Please put any plot spoilers, deaths or any events that might potebtially ruin the playthrough of a game in spoilers (Using the [Spoiler] tags). Thanks.
ddman18
Level 23 : Expert Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/03/2013 6:03 pm
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
Locked. Please do not necro-post on dead threads.
07/03/2013 1:10 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Hunter
EndermanAssassin
Any pokemon mystery dungeon game. Nuff' said.

WARNING: many manly tears in this thread!
11/10/2012 3:25 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
sammycatcube
Note: do not read if you have not played cave story
Click to reveal
When you enter the red flower room toroko gets feed a red flower by barlog. king comes in and strikes barlog but gets killed by misery. you fight Enraged toroko and then toroko dies. then king dies and leaves his sword behind him. you get kings sword and at lvl 3 the sword will be super strong and have king as the bullet.
11/10/2012 3:18 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Emeraldcrafter
The saddest moment EVER was the ending of bioshock 2 look it up on youtube it made me cry and i dont cry easy
11/10/2012 3:16 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
J-maynard2000
Mine personally was the end of Arkham City,when you-know-who dies and when you-know-who's voice message starts playing and he is singing.
11/10/2012 3:11 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Bunny
Typhlosionboy
Mother 3, the whole game!
11/10/2012 3:09 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Skinner
YAAoyama
Erm.
The prologue from Heavy Rain, if you know it.
11/10/2012 2:53 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
Don't read if you haven't finished Okamiden:
Click to reveal
Kurow dies. BEST DUDE EVER!!!!!
11/10/2012 2:52 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
neil548
When soap dies in MW3
11/07/2012 9:09 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Batman
Cid_of_Lufenia
Click to reveal
When Gandalf dies in lord of the rings (Yes there is a game so it counts)

and probably the happiest moment for me is when

Click to reveal
Gandalf returns and becomes 20% cooler
11/07/2012 8:56 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
zmann98
Saddest moment is when your playing Fable II a little while ago and the dog gets shot only for you to get shot after he dies... But no worries if you still play fable you can bring him back
11/07/2012 8:41 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
fignutten
Spoiler in The Walking Dead Game

Click to reveal
When Kenny's son gets bit and then when its time for them to put their son down his wife kills herself and then you can force Kenny to shoot his son after or do it yourself. One of the saddest things I've ever done in a game Also when the main character (You) gets bit by a zombie and you get really sad because clementine is missing and your afraid he'll turn before he finds her CLEM-CLEM!! D:

Can't wait for next episode of that and also next episode of the show :O Next spoiler is for the show Walking Dead

Click to reveal
Lori dying, even though I hate her was super sad. Carl is growing up so fast and is way more helpful and I will throw all my electronics out the windows if he ever dies
11/04/2012 5:18 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior
supermariozelda
Spolier for the end of twlight princess
Click to reveal
When Minda goes back to the twilight realm at the end of twlight princess
11/04/2012 5:19 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
imimfundude
ok yes now THAT was sad
11/04/2012 5:13 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
imimfundude
the legend of zelda dying solder from OoT
11/04/2012 1:25 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Not a game, but when the father dies in the road ='(
11/04/2012 2:25 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dolphin
AvengedOutcast
Thanks a lot for ruining the movie for me. I was JUST about to watch that too. It's not like the forum has, ya know, spoiler tags for a reason.

~AO
11/04/2012 5:07 pm
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
l_Pro_Assassin
What movie is that?
11/04/2012 1:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
oldendermine
Saddest moment when you either beat it you realize you are addicted and when a dog dies like in iam legend
11/04/2012 1:15 pm
Level 37 : Artisan uwu
ItsJustVanilla
Click to reveal
When you're told that you'll never be immortal again in Dragon Quest IX

11/04/2012 12:55 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
ADVENTURETIMER26
At the end of Shadow of the colossus

Click to reveal
You get possessed by the dead and resurected as a shadow colossus.
You get sucked in to the light in which your trapped. After all you've been through your dead wife comes back to life with your injured horse.

At the end of Ico

Click to reveal
While defeating the shadow queen you die and the girl you were trying to protect for the whole game gets consumed by the darkness. She realizes your dead and sends you down a river as the castle you've been trapped in collapses.

Its pretty hard to explain with words, Its best you actually see the ending. Its more emotional that way. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
11/04/2012 12:26 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Cake
ToothMan
the entire game of mother 3
11/04/2012 12:20 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pixel Painter
Colonel_Connor
When Ezio's family gets executed in ACII. Truly the saddest moment in any AC game.
11/04/2012 12:14 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
Teteyac
Click to reveal
Sadest moment of gaming is in Call of duty 8 modern warfare 3,when Soap dies
11/04/2012 12:14 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Lumberjack
KieKey
Click to reveal
In uncharted 3, when you believe victor dies, but the. It's just a illusion...
11/04/2012 12:07 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mountaineer
arrodar
In shadow of the colossus

Click to reveal
Your horse falls off a cliff, you get possessed by the colossi, that stupid old man throws the sword in the pool of water and pulls you into it, and you get raised by your own girlfriend, which is sad AND awkward at the same time.
11/04/2012 11:20 am
Level 28 : Expert Pony
Linkofages
Click to reveal
When bill dies in l4d(2)
11/04/2012 8:54 am
Cid_of_Lufenia
That moment in legend of zelda skyward sword when you find out the final boss is a Ganondorf ripoff.
11/04/2012 8:38 am
Level 39 : Artisan Creeper
11volt11
I think the saddest moment in a game is when I get frozen in freeze tag and no one unfreezes me and I'm stuck all afternoon.
11/04/2012 10:52 am
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
You know that once the game ends you're unfrozen, right?
11/04/2012 8:08 am
Level 1 : New Mage
Nerecamus
Watching both of your minecraft allies go down in fire and flames due to an explosion.
11/04/2012 8:03 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
megaminingman
Final Fantasy 7 death. If you know what I mean, you cried when it happened.
11/03/2012 11:19 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
User_Created
Mario - When you save Princess Peach and then you realize that you're going to have to do it again 3 years later in exactly the same way with only better graphics. Jus' Sayin.
11/03/2012 11:36 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Dolphin
AvengedOutcast
Well, I've played quite a few emotional games. I'll put everything in a spoiler tag below.

Click to reveal
Crisis Core: Throughout the whole game you play as Zack Fair, just to be shot down at the end. That was by far the most heartbreaking scene I've ever saw in a video game. Fighting through the infinite amount of soldier knowing you were gonna die was hard to do.

To The Moon: This whole game is just sad. From start to finish, you're gonna laugh, cry, and get mad. Seriously though, I'll never forget the ending when his heart stops.

Sonic Adventure 2: Yeah, I was only 7 at the time, but watching Shadow fall into the Earth's atmosphere after sacrificing himself to save the people of Earth... yeah, I cried.

Digital: A Love Story: When the friend you spent the whole game fighting for and trying to find has to sacrifice herself to save the internet. It sound stupid, but you would have to play to understand what I mean.

Mass Effect 3: This whole game was an emotional roller coaster for me. From start to finish, I was full of emotions, but I will never forget when Mordin had to sacrifice himself to cure the Genophage. Seriously heartbreaking moment right there. I actually stopped playing for a day or two just because it was so depressing.

The Walking Dead: This game is just heartbreaking from start. The characters that die, the plot twists, Clemetine, everything. I haven't enjoyed a game like that in awhile.

That's all I can think of right now. I may come back later and add some more if I remember.

~AO
11/03/2012 8:56 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
peter499
I played a game on another gaming website, its story was everyone died and you were growing thwe last tree on earth while killing VERY VERY wierd and CREEPY monsters. In the end your tree is a messed up thing that spawns monsters and you have to kill it. Once you do game over,the world is full of monsters no happy ending.
11/03/2012 11:25 am
Cid_of_Lufenia
Oh that game it made me sad too working so hard to get it to grow and then having to kill it.
11/03/2012 8:54 am
l_Pro_Assassin
The endings of both Bioshock games.
Bioshock 1: You just feel betrayed and pissed off. Although, you can also feel happy.
Bioshock 2: You just feel so sad, I literally nearly cried with the ending I got.
11/03/2012 8:45 am
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
WagonEnthusiast
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 when a terrorist truck pulls up full of bombs and nearby is a family on holiday filming it and the little girl is like 4 and spinning around happily and then the truck that pulled up just explodes and kills the little girl... That was by far the saddest part in any game I've ever played...
11/03/2012 8:33 am
Level 20 : Expert Nerd
Dig03
When you are withered by a wither
11/03/2012 8:10 am
Level 23 : Expert Ranger
ddman18
Minecraft - End credits, when you weren't able to skip them and you wanted to smash up your PC to make it stop.

Is that really that sad? More frustrating than sad.

P.S: I've been active on PMC, just not on this post so much.
11/03/2012 2:47 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
techmantis
mass effect 3 final scene were you have to race to the final stage and Shepard gets blasted by the giant lazer beam and you see the people you picked for the last mission dead
11/03/2012 8:48 am
l_Pro_Assassin
Thanks a lot for ruining the whole game for me, I was going to buy it and finish it when I got my new PC, well, no need to do that now. Thanks.
11/03/2012 2:33 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist
Ennen
Sad Gaming moments:

Mass Effect 3 - Leaving Earth cinematic, when the "kid" gets killed by the reapers while you're flying away in the Normandy.

Minecraft - End credits, when you weren't able to skip them and you wanted to smash up your PC to make it stop.

AC II - When the game ends.

AC Brotherhood - When Caterina somehow turns into a ranga?

World's Hardest Game - When you find out its a game colision glitch and you aren't really that awesome... http://imgur.com/NYR2A
11/03/2012 2:27 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
Canine28
Resident Evil:

Click to reveal
Steve Burnside's death in RE: Code Veronica. Honestly...he gets stabbed by Alexia, then slammed into a wall after saving Claire's life. But he dies. And come ON. He said he loved her, then died. I swear I cried when I first saw his death.
11/03/2012 2:21 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
Natalisea
Heavy Rain:

Click to reveal
When Shaun Mars dies in Heavy Rain, and when Ethan Mars kills himself (in a few of the possible endings)
11/03/2012 2:14 am
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
In Cave Story, when you fail to resuscitate Curly. Seeing her body just lifelessly float away makes you feel helpless, like you failed. Granted, the same thing happens if you save her, but is reneged by finding her alive and relatively well later.

Back when Runescape was decent: the battle where you face off against a demon with a big party of NPCs you met during a bunch of quests, and all but two of them die. In a later quest, you have a vision of a ruined and burning city with the ghosts of your friends giving some very creepy and disturbing lines, then disappearing.

Saddest moment in Sonic 2006: when the game was released.
11/03/2012 1:46 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Bethamez
In Fallout, when you save the lives of everyone of your home vault and the southwest wasteland, only to be told you cannot return home.
11/03/2012 1:39 am
Level 21 : Expert Archer
In the Telltale Games' The Walking Dead when Duck and Katjaa die.
11/02/2012 7:40 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mountaineer
arrodar
Dishonored:
Click to reveal
when they kill your good friend the empress, they capture your other good friend, the young girl, and the more you try to give them a suitable, painful death, the darker your outcome gets. The game in itself is sad that way.
11/01/2012 12:42 pm
Level 23 : Expert Engineer
ToxicPeanuts
Dishonored

Click to reveal
IOn the end, when you see your grave in the future, and Emily next to it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome