I'm thinking of building a PC

Halorules555's Avatar Halorules5556/12/15 3:32 am
1 emeralds 331 6
6/18/2015 4:20 pm
WTFshady's Avatar WTFshady
I never thought I would say that.

Ok, so what I would like from it is the ability to run the latest games and I would like it to be around the price of an XBOX One. So, I need advice on parts I should use or even a recommendation to a pre-built computer (that costs up to $1,000 AUD).

I have two games in mind that I would like it to play, Mirror's Edge 2 and Fallout 4. Both are still being developed and will be released around 2016. I would need a new computer as my laptop can run most games well but I doubt it would run these games well.

I have never done anything like this and I'm not sure if I will even end up doing it. I would prefer to finish finish it before Christmas (as Fallout 4 will be most released by then). Alternatively, I could by an XBOX One and hook it up to a monitor, but then I can't mod Fallout 4 or use the keyboard for Mirror's edge 2 (which would work much better than a controller).

Thank you! Have a very safe and productive day!
Halorules555
Level 26 : Expert Zombie

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/18/2015 4:20 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
-Woody-
WTFshady
No GPU because I would recommend getting a R9 360 (will cost US$100, IDK about it's release price on Australia) and no OS because you can get one where datmoedoe linked to.

Shady, as much as I agree that he should wait for the 3xx series, that wait might be a bit longer for him, as he is in Australia. (I heard somewhere, [probably the youtube comments] that products come out later in Australia).
Also, it's very common for products to be much more expensive in Australia than in other places (also heard that in the Youtube comments).
So I could see the R9 360 being possibly $200AUD.

However, even if that is the case, I could see the 3xx series make Nvidia lower prices, so the 750ti could very well be in the OP's budget.

Regardless, though, I think I remember the OP saying that he is going to play games released in 2016, so there's a chance that he won't build it for a while, thus allowing the prices to drop a bit.

Totally agree.
06/18/2015 10:05 am
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
WTFshady
No GPU because I would recommend getting a R9 360 (will cost US$100, IDK about it's release price on Australia) and no OS because you can get one where datmoedoe linked to.

Shady, as much as I agree that he should wait for the 3xx series, that wait might be a bit longer for him, as he is in Australia. (I heard somewhere, [probably the youtube comments] that products come out later in Australia).
Also, it's very common for products to be much more expensive in Australia than in other places (also heard that in the Youtube comments).
So I could see the R9 360 being possibly $200AUD.

However, even if that is the case, I could see the 3xx series make Nvidia lower prices, so the 750ti could very well be in the OP's budget.

Regardless, though, I think I remember the OP saying that he is going to play games released in 2016, so there's a chance that he won't build it for a while, thus allowing the prices to drop a bit.
06/17/2015 6:14 am
WTFshady
Oh dayum, I completely forgot about this, I'm so sorry.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3240 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($79.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($63.00 @ Centre Com)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($82.00 @ Umart)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ CPL Online)
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($95.00 @ Scorptec)
Monitor: BenQ GW2255 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($149.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $592.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-17 18:20 AEST+1000

06/16/2015 7:12 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
datmoedoe
I'd recommend buying a windows 8 key, much cheaper and still legal. You can check out the reddit page here.
06/12/2015 4:34 am
WTFshady
Please complete this form so we can have a general idea before starting to make you a part list.

What is this computer going to be used for?
List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
What is included in the budget?
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Will you be overclocking?
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
Will you be reusing any parts?
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Any specific case preferences?
Size, color, etc.
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi
06/12/2015 6:26 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
1. Mostly gaming.
2. $500 - $700 Australian Dollars.
3. Australia.
4. A 1080p monitor which is something I can find myself.
5. I am not planning on overclocking.
6. No.
7. Windows 8.
8. Something decorative, like a smooth white casing that is about medium size.
9. Wifi and HHD

I'm not looking for something that is overkill, it just has to be good enough to run the latest games with average performance.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome