home Forumsplay_arrow Discussions play_arrow Gaming

Time For a RANTFEST!

1 emeralds2 replies664 views
created 05/27/2015 2:35 am by overcode
last reply 05/27/2015 9:38 am
If you are having issues with something that should simply not be causing problems, or just want to vent your hate for a certain technology, please vent away!

I guess just keep it away from persons. I dont want this to become a hate thread on people lol. Anyways, here are some of my issues i have had in the past. Share if you can relate.

1. Windows update... Nope, that document isnt important... REBOOT, then get stuck in a boot loop.

2. Windows Indexing, and BITS... So apparently the hard disk is never important to the user. So, when i start using the disk, i guess there is no accurate hint that the user needs the disk more than BITS, or Indexing.

3. Android DDMS: If you have ever worked with android, you know where i am going. Its not fun when DDMS Randomly detaches itself from time to time. However usually this can be fixed quickly.

4. IOS and its Simplicity. This is actually an opinion, and if you disagree, thats fine. But i just dont like how it is simple, but still finds ways to be sluggish. I mean, dont get me wrong. The device and OS look nice, and run smooth, but once you start using it and dont compulsively quit things you arent using, stuff gets sluggish. But im picky, so dont judge this one too much.

5. Multithreaded browser tabs locking up. In chrome, sometimes refreshing does not work, neither does pressing the stop button. Sometimes you have to dupe the tab, then close the old one for the thread handle to stop locking up.

6. Applications that run on the main thread, once again, locking up everything. Sadly its required sometimes, but not ALL THE TIME. Once again, im picky!

7. The constant bickering between OSX and Windows. I use both daily on my Lenovo Y10p, and they both have issues, but sometimes you need them both. I think its a matter of what you need to do. I love windows simply because its solid, and functional. (less animations on the desktop & easier to disable disk hogging components) but at the same time i hate the updates, the issues, the metro, and everything else about it. But i have the same relationship with OSX. Love the simplicity, but i hate when it guesses what i want to do, or simply lock up when i try to force quit.

Am i going nuts or am i at least making some sense. Let me Know!
Posted by avatar
overcode
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter

comment Login or register to post a reply.

2 replies

05/27/2015 9:38 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Fish
MrCatSquid
"These rant threads r so stupid y r u so demb"
05/27/2015 8:50 am
Level 40 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I guarantee that some one who think they are clever is going to come on ranting about people who start rant threads...

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome