forum Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record Gaming

Tips for starting a YouTube channel

2 emeralds13 replies152 views
created 08/06/2018 9:30 pm by IJustErik
last reply 08/15/2018 3:37 pm
Does anyone have advice for starting a MC youtube channel? Or one in general? If you guys could share some tips, that would be EPIC
Posted by avatar
IJustErik
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder

13 replies

08/15/2018 3:15 pm
Level 5 Apprentice Mage
Skiji
good intro and outro. Don't start the video with a crappy 3d model of your username moving to the beat of music and then you talking way too fast and saying to smash that like button, have a good choice in music that isn't too loud or unexpected when you open the video, keep it short, and make it not look stupid. (Theme consistency helps with not looking stupid so find a good theme for your channel) As for the outro you should have it in a way where it is easy to access the next video previous video and or random other ones. Good music is always nice there too, and make sure that the brightness stays similar to what the brightness was in the video. (Don't have a dark video and then a bright pink outro, try keep the outro quite neutral in colour.)

I dunno if anything I just said was useful or coherent but hopefully you find something you'd like to try use there. c:
08/15/2018 3:20 pm
Level 5 Apprentice Modder
IJustErik
i got the idea, dont look generic and have some quality, ty <3
08/15/2018 3:37 pm
Level 5 Apprentice Mage
Skiji
well it's more than that but yeah
08/13/2018 8:20 am
Level 1 New Miner
RedactedNA
The main things I can suggest are
1: Editing. If it bores you, itll bore the audience
2:Make content that you'd watch. Youll want to get a fanbase that enjoys things similar to you. That way your not forced to make content you'll hate. So focus on what you love doing, and youll build an audience
08/15/2018 2:55 pm
IJustErik
thanks for the advice!
08/13/2018 5:03 am
Level 1 New Miner
edwardcgreen
Keep pushing contents weekly or thrice a week at least, do not get demotivated if you get low views, everyone starts from the bottom and then progresses :)
08/15/2018 2:55 pm
IJustErik
will do :P
08/06/2018 11:14 pm
Level 44 Master Architect
TheBiscuitFoundation
If and where possible, try to do the following things...

Edit - If there's a long period of time in a video where nothing interesting is happening and you aren't talking, cut it out.

Thumbnails - Thumbnails should be easy to read (if you have text) and any text you do use should be kept to a minimum. People hate thumbnails cluttered with masses of unreadable text.

Schedule - Try and have a regular upload schedule and keep to it. For example, once a week, twice a week. Whatever you do, try and stick to it. Youtube's algorithm prefers channels that upload the same day and time every week.

Also, it's always better to upload several hours before or a day before and schedule your upload to go live at a later time/date. This gives youtube the time to process your video so that when it goes public, people aren't subjected to 240p quality which will make them leave and maybe not come back.

Hardware/Purchases - Don't go out and purchase hundreds of £/$/€ of equipment to get yourself started, it's really not worth it. If you can, work with what you've got. If you need recording software, audacity is good for audio and as for video capture, Fraps and Dxtory are pretty inexpensive if you want to purchase one or the other. A good video editor I would recommend for starting out is Sony or Magix Vegas Movie Studio. One thing I would say that applies to all the software above is, try before you buy - most of them have free version available in some shape or form, in fact, Magix Vegas has a 1 month free trial so plenty of time to mess around with it. Also, use google, see what the best software is as this will always be changing.

There's probably some more advice I could give but off the top of my head at the moment, I can't think of any more.
08/07/2018 8:44 am
IJustErik
thanks for the extensive tips!
08/07/2018 1:19 am
Level 34 Artisan Architect
BRASHEXODUS
if ya need anything adobe related i got all cc 2017 i could let you use also feel free to message me on recording. for timelapses i use the replay mod ingame then set it to 4k (optional) at 60 fps then i use after effects cause that always does the job for me :) it does however take time for anything like timelapses aswell as getting ideas for things. always ask around for what people would like to see. and no
screaming into the mic.

this is a timelapse i recorded and edited took forever but it will be worth it at the end

youtu.be/6qTpZuOGraY
08/07/2018 12:00 am
Level 9 Apprentice Network
thunderbolt73
1080p60fps is a huge bonus for me :)
08/07/2018 8:42 am
IJustErik
huge disadvantage for me :(
08/07/2018 6:00 pm
Level 9 Apprentice Network
thunderbolt73