Voxel Town-Building Game Help

youngnill's Avatar youngnill8/15/13 10:26 am
8/27/2013 12:15 am
youngnill's Avatar youngnill
I've been working and planning out ideas for a game I am planning to work on a voxel game that allows you to gather resources and build houses, make the biggest houses or place the smallest decorations to design a great medieval, thriving town. Farming, attack, and trading with randomly scripted events that can happen. Or actions you make will change the gameplay of it.

The reason I decided to post it here is because most people here are most likely fans of Voxels or have a knowledge of programming. I need some help from people to create this game.
I need one or two programmers with the knowledge of either C++ or Javascript. Along with some (1 or 2) people who can lend ideas and test the game. Then, I need a texture artist who can do the textures of blocks, items, and the GUI. If you're interested or want to know something extra or have a question, just ask below! I am in need of these people and if you're willing to help, I thank you.

Features:

Races: Be able to select races with unique perks and building styles. (Dwarves, Orc, Elf, etc)

Roles: Give your villagers roles, along with houses. Give roles such as Taverns and Inns for houses, or Blacksmith and Tailor for villagers.

Design inside of houses, and make the roofs or walls certaions matierals: Add lamps, beds, chairs, and even fuly customizable items like wells and gardens.

Dungeons: Have the ability to create dungeons where you're able to catch creatures and a location for prisoners.

Farming: Farm potatoes, carrots, wheat, and more and get a steady production rate.

Combat: Recruit units, mine materials and smelt them for more armors and weapons to make. Auto leveling for your soldiers to make them even more stronger after every fight.

Note: I am conributing to the game as a "Modeler" (Everything is blocks, so a models aren't too difficult to create) and a programmer (Learner). Just keep in mind this has been a thought in my mind for quite some time now, however I now realized I could post it here, and did. So no I am not trying to copy someone elses ideas, I just enjoy voxel-based games that don't require too many different skills. So, if you want to go criticize me, just don't even bother. However, if you're willing to help, it'd be much appreciated.

If we make good sales off of the game, I may be paying you. Please do keep in mind that this is not final and may not happen.
youngnill
Level 34 : Artisan Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/27/2013 12:15 am
youngnill
Bump
08/19/2013 12:29 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Leamy_5
Is this still in progress? I am helping in any way possible.
08/17/2013 10:42 pm
youngnill
Bump
08/17/2013 6:41 pm
youngnill
Here is our site: http://voxeltown.webs.com/
08/17/2013 5:01 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Leamy_5
Sounds like an awesome idea, hope it goes well!
08/17/2013 5:44 pm
youngnill
Thanks
08/17/2013 12:20 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Mage
Phantomic
I hope this turns out well! It seems like a really good idea. Too bad I can't help, I don't know anything about coding.
08/17/2013 12:38 am
youngnill
We also need some testers or people to lend ideas!
08/16/2013 11:29 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Stormcloak97
Sounds like a very sophisticated and well thought out idea old chap. I look forward to see both its progress and that of your server.
08/17/2013 12:01 am
youngnill
Thanks
08/16/2013 7:10 pm
youngnill
Still in search
08/16/2013 2:56 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
progamingkilz
I would like to be a tester
08/16/2013 3:03 pm
youngnill
Add me on Skpe: vultsmith7

Have you played any games such as this before? Or are you at least good at helping with ideas/testing and finding bugs?
08/16/2013 12:57 pm
youngnill
Anyone willing to help?
08/16/2013 1:21 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
To develop a video game most coders would expect to be paid, A lot. Also, apart from ideas (Which are nearly a dime a dozen nowadays) you don't seem to be contributing to the game at all, just asking people to make it for you for free.
08/16/2013 2:13 pm
youngnill
You've gotten the wrong idea, and most coders, yes, but few would help for free. I am conributing to the game, as I am learning and doing programming, however one programmer cannot achieve a game of such level by themselves. Asking a question would be more resourceful than saying it like that.
08/16/2013 2:52 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
I'm guessing you're using Unity, Which is a great start, However here is probably not the best place to find coders that are fully capable of making a voxel based game with chunk loading and scripted events, as most users here don't have enough knowledge of Javascript/C++ to write out a voxel engine in Unity, and the better coders would probably expect to receive some sort of monetary reward for spending a year+ working on a game. You should try asking on other forums as well as here, and maybe making a kickstarter. Also, While it's great that you're actively learning to code, Making a game is a lot for a beginner - At times you can almost be a hindrance to better developers, but don't let that turn you off learning a coding language.
08/15/2013 11:51 pm
youngnill
I may add levels as well to unlock new items and houses.
08/15/2013 10:36 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Osca32
Sounds like an awesome idea. I'd love to help, but I have no knowledge of programming. I can help with some of the texturing if you want.
08/15/2013 8:18 pm
youngnill
Thanks! Add me on Skype: vultsmith7
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome