Updating comp hardware to what..?

crusnik's Avatar crusnik3/12/18 4:42 am
1 emeralds 184 1
3/12/2018 5:46 pm
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
As newer OS requires more power, my antique setup most likely wont run Win7/8/10 nicely. I cant decide to what i update hardware. I would like i3 but those are hard to find round here. I have dropped from the tech sledge and the info online is just too much. What kind of comps you have that are close to i3? Or little better/worse? What kind of comp would you build? New parts be better or used? Or both? No need to tell why you would choose old/new, just brief why you chose the parts. And on the budget part, reasonable as the antique comp has been running err 10 years or so. I do not mind the brand of the processor, can be Intel or AMD and same goes for other parts. No Hds needed, got few extra on shelf waiting

The comp is not meant to run high end games, just MC with some tweaks and Roblox games and few older Lego games. And watching movies in 720/1080 res, surfing online and stuff. Its sort of backup comp if game comp gets hickups or problems

Atm system is running Vista Business (Enterprice/Pro) 32 with 4GB memory. MB is Abit AN8 32X (C51-CK804) socket 939 with AMD Ahtlon 64 x2 (4200+ 2.22GHz). Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+. Power is 650W i think, can be little more, cant remember. Oh, the case is old Antec performance series, Soho (SX1040B). It should be enough to house about anything :) and it has several cooling fans
crusnik
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer