What can I make better or is it already good?

LBUlises1's Avatar LBUlises112/20/13 12:50 am
12/25/2013 10:56 am
CaptainRavenAndre's Avatar CaptainRavenAndre
I was messing around with pcpartpicker and came up with this:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LBUlises1/saved/2U5Q
I tried to keep it under 3k, anything major that I should change?
LBUlises1
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/25/2013 10:56 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
CaptainRavenAndre
Some guys never seem to understand. Go read on Nvidia's website and first of all learn that Gtx is far superior to Gt. The reason to this is that Gtx is their latest and best type. Also that your beautyful (input) network ethernet input in those motherboards. It is the same as the stock cooling, sucks d*ck. Thats why i bought a new one and it works alot better (faster connection). Also the best case in the prizeclass of $100 is the Fractal Design Define R4 (My Opinion) i use this case and i have never had any problems. It has great cooling its very ventilated and organized. It also is really easy to build a computer in, minimizes the chance of breaking it. Also those who are here (INTEL'sOVERPRICED!) Go try 1 for gods sake you just made that comment cause you have an amd and you realise it sucks. There is only 1 amd that is over the intel spots around the price 200 - 300 and the only reason it is there is cause it uses so high voltage amount. Also Windows 8 is faster for gaming. Also get another cpu cooler, otherwise the cpu will throddle and minimize its power in order to keep itself cool. This is all experience not fake no babbling but reality.

-Best Regards Andre
12/25/2013 10:34 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Enderdragon
sordxyx
LBUlises1I was messing around with pcpartpicker and came up with this:
I tried to keep it under 3k, anything major that I should change?

buy from ccl and win8 sucks balls
12/24/2013 1:59 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
Gunner589
man windows 7 fanboys are gonna say dont get windows 8 and your parts are good but bump up your gpu
12/24/2013 1:54 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
InfamousBeezy
DarkEyeDragon
InfamousBeezyOh god, I hope you haven't bought this yet.

Intel is hilariously overpriced and is outdone in most multithreaded applications when put up against an 8350. The only reason Intel is currently limping along is because most games aren't taking advantage of multithreading, which is subject to change now that the "next-gen" console hype train is scheduled to take off around Christmas.

TKCraftAlso get water cooling not that shit.

This is so ridiculous it's not even funny. Unless you're doing ridiculous overclocking, don't even consider water cooling. It's a ridiculous amount of money for a marginal increase in overclocking ability. Please, just don't do it.

The Hyper 212 EVO is a great CPU cooler. Go ahead and keep that.

Sabertooth, Rampage, and any other "gaming" motherboards are nothing but hype. There's multiple cheaper alternatives that have equal, if not better features and specifications than the previously mentioned product lines.

One DIMM of memory screams gimped more than anything else on this parts list. Be sure you're getting two modules of memory or else you're just wasting the advantages of dual channel.

That solid state drive is overpriced to hell. Find a different one.

GT series cards are terrible. Get a GTX 780 or have a $1600 hunk of metal in your house that won't be able to anything you want it to.

You do not need an Intel server grade NIC for a consumer computer. It serves absolutely zero purpose and sets you back $150 that could have been better spent on something else. The same goes for that wireless NIC; you shouldn't be spending more than $30, and you sure as hell shouldn't be buying a USB one.

HAF series cases are great. Stick with that one.

That power supply is hilariously overpriced. You should be paying $80 or less for 650W.

I can guarantee you do not need Windows 8 Professional. Not only is 8 absolute garbage, I can almost guarantee that you don't even know what Professional provides against Home Edition.

That screen is ridiculous. 16:10 is a dead aspect ratio and for $20 more you could have an entry level 1080p screen that's slightly bigger, to boot.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/periph ... dardscreen

Lol this guy... Stop being a douche and get some real pricings...

I'm being a douche? What are "real pricings"?

I'm open to criticism, but it has to be more than some words and insults strung together for me to understand it.
12/23/2013 12:04 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
legendaryPig
mmorton89
legendaryPig
or just use the stock. There's nothing wrong with the stock cooler if you are not overclocking. Why would they give you something that didn't work?

I have to disagree, the stock cooling for CPU's is usually crap. I do agree water cooling is pointless unless your overclocking, but getting a $30 aftermarket cooling fan will work better than the stock, especially when gaming.

Edit - to OP make sure you get an extra case fan or two, to get that extra hot air from the CPU cooler out of the case. Case fans are usually pretty cheap.

I guess you're right, but they usually aren't great for higher-end CPU's, but at the lower end they do just fine
12/23/2013 12:01 pm
Level 20 : Expert Nerd
mmorton89
legendaryPig
or just use the stock. There's nothing wrong with the stock cooler if you are not overclocking. Why would they give you something that didn't work?

I have to disagree, the stock cooling for CPU's is usually crap. I do agree water cooling is pointless unless your overclocking, but getting a $30 aftermarket cooling fan will work better than the stock, especially when gaming.

Edit - to OP make sure you get an extra case fan or two, to get that extra hot air from the CPU cooler out of the case. Case fans are usually pretty cheap.

I think you would be better off with a motherboard like this
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-p8z77vpro

Like others said, no need for a network card, motherboard has integrated network card on it.

Use the extra $130 from removing the network card for getting a better video card.
12/23/2013 11:51 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon

Intel is hilariously overpriced and is outdone in most multithreaded applications when put up against an 8350. The only reason Intel is currently limping along is because most games aren't taking advantage of multithreading, which is subject to change now that the "next-gen" console hype train is scheduled to take off around Christmas.

This is so ridiculous it's not even funny. Unless you're doing ridiculous overclocking, don't even consider water cooling. It's a ridiculous amount of money for a marginal increase in overclocking ability. Please, just don't do it.

Sabertooth, Rampage, and any other "gaming" motherboards are nothing but hype. There's multiple cheaper alternatives that have equal, if not better features and specifications than the previously mentioned product lines.

One DIMM of memory screams gimped more than anything else on this parts list. Be sure you're getting two modules of memory or else you're just wasting the advantages of dual channel.

GT series cards are terrible. Get a GTX 780 or have a $1600 hunk of metal in your house that won't be able to anything you want it to.

You do not need an Intel server grade NIC for a consumer computer. It serves absolutely zero purpose and sets you back $150 that could have been better spent on something else. The same goes for that wireless NIC; you shouldn't be spending more than $30, and you sure as hell shouldn't be buying a USB one.

That power supply is hilariously overpriced. You should be paying $80 or less for 650W.

I can guarantee you do not need Windows 8 Professional. Not only is 8 absolute garbage, I can almost guarantee that you don't even know what Professional provides against Home Edition.

That screen is ridiculous. 16:10 is a dead aspect ratio and for $20 more you could have an entry level 1080p screen that's slightly bigger, to boot.

Lol this guy... Stop being a douche and get some real pricings...
12/23/2013 11:48 am
legendaryPig

12/21/2013 12:49 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
KaevThat is the most dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Oh! The irony! It pains me so!
12/20/2013 4:16 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
No need for that network card, most motherboards now support gigabit connections, and i'm sure you don't have gigabit internet.

Motherboard has this "Onboard Ethernet (1) 10/100/1000 Mbps"

You can save money on the solid state drive, get a samsung 256GB ssd, they are about the same price.
12/20/2013 4:13 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
That GPU is absolutely horrible. You need a better GPU. What are you using this computer for?

Utterly destroys your build for about 200 $ less.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($74.95 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($121.48 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($94.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VE198T 19.0" Monitor ($104.50 @ B&H)
Total: $1460.31
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 16:22 EST-0500)
12/20/2013 3:44 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
I have no idea why people are saying Windows 8 doesn't work well with desktops. That is the most dumbest thing I've ever heard. Opinion of course, but Windows 8 is perfectly fine, and people just have a problem with the layout. Sure, it's got some incompatibilities, but that can be handled.
12/20/2013 3:29 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
moneykid777
This is screaming murder right in my face. Who the hell would spend more on the power supply than the gpu :O.

The Murder

1. 500 watt power supply, why but a 650 watt power supply and the components only add up to 200 watts

2. nvidia gtx 780 ti. That gpu right there is a bottleneck for the processor (ex. 3 lanes of traffic merging into 2)

3. Put on windows 7. Windows 8 does not do well with desktops

4. Add a 1tb hard drive. It cant hurt the price much. If you do, use the 160gb for the operating system

5. Get a better motherboard such as msi or gigabyte. This asus sabertooth stuff is just a ripoff.

6. Spend more on the gpu and cpu, spending more on other components is just a rip

7. Get some watercooling if you are planning on overclocking. The cooler master 212 evo is good for the price but for a $2000 system, watercooling will do good.

8. You seriously do not need the wired and wireless network adapters. If you really need wireless, get one that goes into the motherboard. USB is bad (veeeeerrrrry bad)

To end this off, if you already bought the components, return every single component except for the case, cpu, and solid state drive. You can use that almost $2000 for something good instead of absolute shit, no offense.

Also, that gt card made me threw up (literally) when I saw that on the pc part picker. Those cards are absolute shit and are not made for gaming. If I were you, I would study more on computer parts because obviously, you do not know what you are doing

Remember, when you are choosing a gpu, always look for benchmarks on the internet. Clock speed and video ram are not what you just look for. And whatever you do, do not and I mean Do Not get a cpu and gpu that is lower priced than any other component. You ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS want your cpu and gpu to be higher priced so that you can get more out of your system.
12/20/2013 3:02 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Get windows 7 beacuse 8 is not very good with desktops.
12/24/2013 2:45 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Theres nothing wrong with Win 8. I use it, and I say its waaay better can Win 7. The only difference is that theres a different start button. Theres no button, but its still there. So all of that ''Ooh, dey got red of de strt buttn'' crap is stupid. Like anything, don't knock it till ya try it.
12/25/2013 10:25 am
InfamousBeezy
Windows 8 is nothing like Windows 7; the only people who believe they're anything alike are those who don't know what they're talking about. They are different at the most basic level, and just because what you see is similar doesn't mean that what is actually under the hood is similar.

Gunner589man windows 7 fanboys are gonna say dont get windows 8 and your parts are good but bump up your gpu

Please, don't listen to this guy. I'm not trying to be a dick, but your parts are truly pretty miserable. It's expected from somebody with no previous experience (my first build was completely and totally gimped as well), but we're trying to make sure you don't waste any money on a such a big investment.
12/20/2013 1:47 pm
InfamousBeezy
Oh god, I hope you haven't bought this yet.

12/20/2013 1:18 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
NuclearManx
All good but the GPU is very poor and will probably not get you ultra or very high on skyrim or BF4. You PSU will work with a gtx 760 so I highly recommend you purchase that.
12/20/2013 1:12 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
LBUlises1
I edited it a bit more, I'm not that good with computer parts tell me what else I should change:
12/23/2013 11:56 am
legendaryPig
do you think you are saving money by bottlenecking this rig with that video card? Usually people spend double the amount of money on the video card as the CPU, so honestly if you wanted a video card to fit in this go with a 780 or if you are hurting budget wise 770. If you still are hurting you are going to have to downgrade that CPU. There would be no point to keep it. And unless you already have a harddrive that you are putting into the new rig, then what on earth tells you 160GB is enough?
12/20/2013 6:53 am
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
Bump up your GPU, that's the one thing that's screaming out at me. Windows 7 VS. 8 is your choice.
12/20/2013 6:50 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
TKCraft
16gb Ram is overkill, you only need 8gb. Also get water cooling not that shit.
12/20/2013 1:19 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
128 GB instead of 160 GB SSD, Windows 7, and less stupid cooling system will save you some bucks. Dunno if you need a sound card either.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome