What can I run with this?

Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage4/29/15 6:40 am
4/29/2015 4:29 pm
Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage
Specs:

Neptune_Sage
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/29/2015 4:29 pm
Neptune_Sage
Killlertoad, I have a paper with all my specs somewhere, I build my PC but I dont remember correctly which parts (not that into those things much) and about cooling, no I have normal fan cooling.
04/29/2015 4:17 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Paril
KillertoadWhy are you pulling specs from a youtube channel that the up-loader doesn't even know his own GPU?

To be fair to OP, AMD has this "issue" where you can't find the exact make of your card via their control panels or.. well, anywhere else, really. It's a bit silly. It's less of an issue with the Rx series because the names are smaller and easier, but if I don't think about it for a few months it's easy to forget that I have a 7970 and not a 7990 or maybe it was an 6870?

That's true, but it's pretty easy to find out by using a simple program, but it sounds like OP built his/her computer, or else he would know exactly what GPU he got (Alienware, Cyberpower, etc all list the GPU model). But even in that case, OP should know what card he/she put into their own computer. But then again I'm really into computers, and I can't forget what cards i've owned. I know the specs of my first gaming computer to this day, haha.

But OP, what Paril said is right, see how the channels videos look, but it's atleast a R9 270, which means most games will run on ultra. But it's an "outdated" cpu, when you can buy the newest one for the same price, if not cheaper sometimes.

Also, don't mean to be off topic but
Paril

in my case, "HD 7000 series".

That's weird, mine lists HD 7800 series, which narrows it down to really 3 GPU's.

Maybe it's a 7900 series issue?

Neptune_Sage

Yes it says same for my card:

And what high end games would you suggest? My preference would be MMOs RPGs and well medieval games with action combat more than shooting and such.

It has 8GB's of vram, which means it's a 290x or even a 295x2. Both of which will max out most games easily.
But I'm curious, does yours have a water cooler? If so, it's a 295x2 (most likely, but still a chance you got a fan version, with not many made.)
04/29/2015 3:47 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
-[C4]-
Frontier is a good game. Not out yet xD
04/29/2015 3:42 pm
Neptune_Sage
Okey thank you!
04/29/2015 8:41 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Why are you pulling specs from a youtube channel that the up-loader doesn't even know his own GPU?
04/29/2015 9:46 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
To be fair to OP, AMD has this "issue" where you can't find the exact make of your card via their control panels or.. well, anywhere else, really. It's a bit silly. It's less of an issue with the Rx series because the names are smaller and easier, but if I don't think about it for a few months it's easy to forget that I have a 7970 and not a 7990 or maybe it was an 6870?

As for your card, OP - I have one of the last HD series cards, the 7970, and it runs GTA 5 comfortably and is comparable to the R9 290. Other than that though you'd really just have to test and find out for yourself. No sense in asking other people what your machine can run when we can't be there to run things on your machine. If it isn't your machine as it was implied above, maybe check their channel and see how well they have been running the games they have been capturing?
04/29/2015 10:49 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Win+R dxdiag
04/29/2015 11:05 am
Paril
Yes, that tells you "R9 200 series", or in my case, "HD 7000 series". That's not very specific when your range has many cards that sound similar. You'd at least expect the Catalyst panel to be able to tell you under Hardware, but it gives the exact same generic response. It might as well say "Device: is a video card".
04/29/2015 1:20 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
I use my iGPU and Radeon 5450 (please don't laugh xD) and both of these show up as:
Intel (R) HD Graphics 4400
AMD Radeon HD 5450

I don't know about you guys though.
04/29/2015 1:46 pm
Paril
You've got the specific drivers for your integrated card. The Catalyst drivers directly from AMD are very wide-spread across card series. It's a bit weird, I dunno.

As for recommended games, you could try Chivalry: Medieval Warfare as a test. It's either Unity or Source, can't remember, but it should be a good test if you turn everything up to high.
04/29/2015 12:56 pm
Neptune_Sage
Yes it says same for my card:

And what high end games would you suggest? My preference would be MMOs RPGs and well medieval games with action combat more than shooting and such.
04/29/2015 6:43 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
supernotch893
what 200 card you got? If it's a 290x or 295x2, then you can handle pretty much anything.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome