Why do you think minecraft has been such a top game?

IStoleYourLegos's Avatar IStoleYourLegos9/25/18 9:03 am
1 emeralds 190 5
9/26/2018 9:47 pm
IStoleYourLegos's Avatar IStoleYourLegos

IStoleYourLegos
Level 29 : Expert Lego Builder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/26/2018 9:47 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lego Builder
IStoleYourLegos
sorry if this is a really common or boring forum. just wanted to know your
opinions
09/25/2018 11:42 amhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
It all comes down to the fact that it is open world and there is no other game since it's release that replaces it. Most other games have a successor. ARK, No Man's Sky, and other survival games have definitely taken some of the playerbase, but a large part of the community stays behind because no other game has quite the level of community or openness that minecraft provides. As new shooters and RPGs come out, there's no new game released with the right features to take over minecraft's legacy.
09/25/2018 11:13 am
Level 24 : Expert Spider Rider
SpideyBoi
… Too many fandom pages
09/25/2018 9:30 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I think it boils down to two main aspects:
  • The game can be played exactly how you want to play it; it's a true open world game which doesn't limit your options. Want to play survival? You can. Want to play a little harder survival game? Also possible. Want to cheat? No problem (SO many games don't allow this anymore, even in single player). Or maybe you simply want to build in a survival world without hoarding resources? No problem either; creative mode it is.
  • It is SO much more than "just" a virtual block box. Once you get your fingers behind redstone, the command system, the scoreboard and (in 1.13) the way datapacks work then you can pretty much customize this game fully to your own specific needs and desires.
These points can allow the game to appeal to a large number of players. And one can lead up to liking the other. When I first started playing I didn't understand anything and initially I even disliked it. It was only after I started experimenting with redstone when I discovered some of the games hidden potential. That sparked my interest in the other parts of the game and the rest is history.

But I think the customization options are key: allowing you to truly build your own stuff. Whether that's a cool build of something replicated from real life (so: purely decorative), or to automate dozens of things and build your own machinery.

I've been playing for well over four years now and I'm still not tired of this game.
09/25/2018 9:13 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
For me it has always been the top game to play because it gives a certain power to the player. When playing on PC there are no ads attacking you, and you can just be yourself and have fun in your own way ether that's by building big creations, riding pigs, creating complicated redstone systems, or just slaughtering the monsters of the night.

To me Minecraft has the unique power to not feel like the game knows what's going to happen, but you the player is the one to choose what happens. I love that :D and when you build a big private city, then you begin to dislike and like certain parts of it, and you tear down old buildings, build new ones. Basicly the game just keeps re-newing itself as long as your mind stays open and creative : D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome