Why is ubisoft such a hated company?

Howdoimeme123's Avatar Howdoimeme1239/15/16 7:36 am
1 emeralds 1.7k 24
9/15/2016 7:03 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
Hello your friendly neighborhood memer here again, today i was pissed, people are calling Ubisoft such a bad company, why? I mean yes they have downgraded games a lot, but they support their games a lot too (not the division of course), they're even compared to the greediest company on this planet: EA, also Ubisoft is giving away free games for their 30th anniversary, they're not a bad company at all, so why do people keep saying that?
Howdoimeme123
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/15/2016 7:03 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Uplay, for me. I primarily use Steam for its layout and reliability and having to switch services and deal with Uplay's downtime not allowing you to play games is annoying. At least when steam is down you can at least get into your offline library to play stuff that doesn't need an internet connection.
09/15/2016 2:51 pm
Howdoimeme123
nuu i missed prince of persia [/quote]
i wasn't able to play prince of persia and splinter cell, but i was able to play rayman and let me tell you, rayman is awesome.[/quote]

[/quote]
Very true, i have a lot of hours on it and have got all the characters unlocked and all electoons on all levels.
09/15/2016 2:44 pm
Howdoimeme123
Josephpica
Howdoimeme123
JosephpicaIn what way is EA the greediest company on this planet? Just look at Comcast! Also, EA has fhe best games and the ones that I've played and seen were free and had no ads.

Why is no ads such a big thing, bf4 on pc and there's no ads, but they're greediest because there's so many god**** dlcs. Some dlcs are good but EA's are just, bad.

What's a DLC? The people have to earn a living too. EA is a fine company and I've never found anything really wrong or greedy about them.

Have you played BF4? It's a 60 dollar AAA game for all platforms, it's basically a multiplayer game, singleplayer isn't much to talk about, And there's a lot of dlc also sims, it has a total of it has so many DLC, both sims 4 and sims 3, also DLC means downloadable content, EA usually asks money for it.
09/15/2016 1:27 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
CoDoMoBoRoFoPoSoLoKo
Josephpica
Howdoimeme123
JosephpicaIn what way is EA the greediest company on this planet? Just look at Comcast! Also, EA has fhe best games and the ones that I've played and seen were free and had no ads.

Why is no ads such a big thing, bf4 on pc and there's no ads, but they're greediest because there's so many god**** dlcs. Some dlcs are good but EA's are just, bad.

What's a DLC? The people have to earn a living too. EA is a fine company and I've never found anything really wrong or greedy about them.

In my opinion they overprice their games and DLC more than what should be payed for the amount of content delivered. There of course are some exceptions, but generally I'd say that's my and most other people's problem with EA.
09/15/2016 1:12 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Howdoimeme123

09/15/2016 12:47 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
It's an opinion of one, which some may share.
Usually it's because of their experience with Ubisoft that has made them hate or love them.

My personal opinion is this:
I've never played one of Ubisoft's games, because I'm a Retro Sandbox kind of gamer, so all those high grapich, amazing story driven games don't really talk to me. In short: I don't hate Ubisoft at all, however I can't say I like them either because I don't follow them or play their games.
09/15/2016 12:15 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
I don't mind Ubisoft, I really enjoy the Assassin's Creed series, and Uplay has improved recently.
09/15/2016 11:52 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
abandoned423
active rainbow six player here o/

-- ubisoft has slow performance at times
-- server's cant handle extreme player counts, as I can tell, bc it lags at "peak" times.
-- server's don't give all the best connection

I've personally had no problems with ubi so far except a few glitches in the challenges section, so their storage, but besides that its cool
09/15/2016 2:39 pm
Howdoimeme123
Hey i'm a siege player too, what's your uplay?
09/15/2016 11:01 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
tbh i think we hate Origin more than Ubisoft, at least Ubisoft put their games on steam (we need mass effect 3 on steam >.<)

only thing i hate about ubisoft is https://account-uplay.ubi.com has been laoding for 1/2 an hour and hasn't loaded yet, in the time i have had my account i have only actually managed to login to the site twice
09/15/2016 10:55 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I love Ubisoft. I play Assassin's Creed, Anno , Air Mech Arena, the Settlers and Prince of Persia (forgotten sands) from them. (I believe, idk if I played anything else from them). I like Uplay, although it could be better. I'm not that big of their fan (I don't watch their conferences or stuff like that), so I don't have the "hype" problems others do. I also buy older games because of shortage of money, so new games don't matter so much for me.
09/15/2016 10:28 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Last I recall Uplay, it was like steam, but worse.
09/15/2016 8:54 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
In what way is EA the greediest company on this planet? Just look at Comcast! Also, EA has fhe best games and the ones that I've played and seen were free and had no ads.
09/15/2016 10:34 am
Howdoimeme123
Why is no ads such a big thing, bf4 on pc and there's no ads, but they're greediest because there's so many goddamn dlcs. Some dlcs are good but EA's are just, bad.
09/15/2016 8:26 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
About Uplay, it's mostly hated because in the past it was down very often (preventing you from playing their games) and it seems very unnecessary. They improved it a lot, but bad memories stick.
09/15/2016 8:19 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Speaking of ubisoft and uplay.

The crew has gone free for the time being
09/15/2016 10:34 am
Howdoimeme123
Prince of persia, splinter cell and rayman were free too
09/15/2016 10:52 am
Karrfis
nuu i missed prince of persia
09/15/2016 1:25 pm
Latiodile
i wasn't able to play prince of persia and splinter cell, but i was able to play rayman and let me tell you, rayman is awesome.[/quote]

09/15/2016 11:04 am
Howdoimeme123
i wasn't able to play prince of persia and splinter cell, but i was able to play rayman and let me tell you, rayman is awesome.
09/15/2016 8:14 am
Karrfis
The7thOne
Hype is gaming's worst enemy, and best weapon.

*cough* no man's sky *cough*
09/15/2016 8:10 am
Level 37 : Artisan Musician
Maxxeine
Primarily because they build hype during the pre-releases for each of their games, only to downgrade them and fail expectations. Watch Dogs is a good example. At E3 2012, the game looked visually stunning, but what we got in 2014 was only a shell of what we were shown.

In recent months, they've cleaned up their act, which I will give them credit for. Uplay is a much better platform today than it was years ago, but that bad taste still resonates with gamers everywhere. I simply cannot take their word as fact anymore. When a new Ubisoft game is announced, I'll gladly wait the 1-2 weeks for the first reviews before making a final conclusion.

Hype is gaming's worst enemy, and best weapon.
09/15/2016 8:10 am
Latiodile
It's mainly because of the things they say, howvthey screw up their games and well, look at the e3 footage for far cry 4 and watch dogs vs release footage... stuff like that

30fps is cinematic

People also really hate uplay. Personally i'm fine with it, they made some of my favourite games of all time.
09/15/2016 8:00 am
Karrfis
ubisoft aint hated, ubisoft are great, ubisoft got me super hyped for watch_dogs 2
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome