I would like to get a new graphics card - help?

eccsdee's Avatar eccsdee10/3/13 2:51 pm
10/3/2013 5:07 pm
eccsdee's Avatar eccsdee
So...
My current graphics is called: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family - and after doing some research I found out... It's terrible.

So... Can anyone recommend me a good graphics card that costs around £50?

EDIT: Ok, thanks for the suggestions but I'm getting a new graphics card because my current one is terrible - I'm not looking for something that's going to cost me hundreds of dollars, I just want something that is better than my current card, for an affordable price.
eccsdee
Level 26 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/03/2013 5:07 pm
eccsdee
Ok, thanks for the suggestions but I'm getting a new graphics card because my current one is terrible - I'm not looking for something that's going to cost me hundreds of dollars, I just want something that is better than my current card, for an affordable price.
10/03/2013 5:01 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
xCallofBootyx
50 bucks your not going to get a good card i have a good all-around card my has been super clocked so mine will cost more but this is the one thats not superclocked http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130910 thats the non super clocked the one that superclocked is here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130910
10/03/2013 4:57 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
SoyMonkey
just save some cash and get a NVIDIA card they are worth it and if you get the latest one it will run basicly anything great aslong as you have the ram memory and motherboard good enough for it also
10/03/2013 4:53 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
Oh, you're talking pounds? Not sure about the prices over in the UK, just throwing some stuff out there, though the Radeon one should be about in that range if you look in the right place. Pretty much any recent card is better than your integrated graphics, but you don't want to buy something too cheap and then regret it later.
10/03/2013 4:34 pm
socksmusicalcat
If I were you I'd go for a Radeon HD 7770 (this one offers pretty good bang for your buck, I believe; pick whichever one you like, just make sure it fits in your case. Also, don't worry too much about memory size as long as it's 1 GB or more) or a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 (I have the mobile version of this, and it's a pretty solid performer for the price).
10/03/2013 4:45 pm
eccsdee
I was only going for £50 considering most graphics cards going for that price were better than mine - although the second one you recommended me is a bit over my budget, I will definitely look into it further as there is an offer for it on Amazon and it looks awesome! Thanks so much for the help!
10/03/2013 3:38 pm
eccsdee
SemiziasIntel(R) HD Graphics Family is terrible indeed. Go to start. and type in search (or go to run) and type: Dxdiag
it will bring up a box. and tell me exactly what graphics card you have. (example: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850)

also, What is your CPU, IOS, how old is your PC and you might want to consider giving out a bit more than 50$.

I have customized my own pc myself, I suggest you ask yourself this first: do you want to break open your pc to get out the graphics card and replace it. Do you know how to do it? Have you done it before?

I used dxdiag to find out which graphics card I have - and that's what it's called.

Also I am prepared to replace my graphics card. A friend of mine built a computer from scratch, and he has changed his graphics card about 3 times, so I'm sure I could get him to help me out if I need it.

I got my computer early last year, new, I'd just like to replace it's graphics card.
10/03/2013 3:34 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
test34353
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family is terrible indeed. Go to start. and type in search (or go to run) and type: Dxdiag
it will bring up a box. and tell me exactly what graphics card you have. (example: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850)

also, What is your CPU, IOS, how old is your PC and you might want to consider giving out a bit more than 50$.

I have customized my own pc myself, I suggest you ask yourself this first: do you want to break open your pc to get out the graphics card and replace it. Do you know how to do it? Have you done it before?

Best graphics card I advise, EVER? AMD Radeon R9 290X. Plays BF3 with 92.1 FPS.
or the GeForce GTX 690 playing BF3 at 149 FPS
10/03/2013 3:20 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
KazakenHD
Whoops.
10/03/2013 3:11 pm
socksmusicalcat
If you want one that's worth having, save up for at least ~$100 or so. The cards you get in that tier won't be the insane monstrosities they have for $300+, but they'll play most games pretty well. Anything less, and you'll wish you had just saved up a little bit more to buy a decent card.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome