Xbox One or a new PC

Tyrtle's Avatar Tyrtle6/25/15 9:49 pm
6/26/2015 12:57 am
forgot about you's Avatar forgot about you
So I can't decide whether to buy and xbox or a PC. Xbox is where most of my irl friends are and the games I want are. If I get a new PC I can get the games i've been wanting for a long time.
Tyrtle
Level 17 : Journeyman Pirate

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/26/2015 12:55 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
If you've got a bunch of friends on Xbox, then I think you should go for that. IMO it's a lot more fun playing with friends than playing PC games without them. But then if you want a PC to play those games you've always wanted, go for that You needa make a decision on whether you value "social play" or "a variety of games" the most.
06/26/2015 12:57 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
I agree. I would much rather play with people I know rather by myself or with a bunch of strangers.

OP, go with an Xbox One.

I know I am supposed to support you for getting a PC, blah blah, but IDC. In this situation I would get an Xbox One.
06/26/2015 12:31 am
Level 20 : Expert Lumberjack
Al CatSplat
06/26/2015 12:30 am
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
Heres my outlook on this whole argument:

Xbox One:
Pros:
- Significantly cheaper than buying a PC that would enjoyably play the same games
- You have lots of friends that you know who already use Xbox One
- The Xbox One will last you a good 5 or 6 years and still be able to play games well,
at a 60 fps 1080p standard
Cons:
- The hardware is dated; you wont get as much out of it in the future as you could
potentially with a PC
- Games are always a flat rate of 60 bucks, unless you buy used disks, but most
games are better downloaded through Xbox live
- Xbox Live Gold is expensive; Paying 60 bucks a year to use your own internet
kind of sucks, unless you know a microsoft employee who can get you a card for
25 bucks (like me ;D)

PC:
Pros:
- Games are significantly cheaper, especially during steam sales and holidays
- More customization; you can choose your OS, and use the parts YOU want to
use in the build
- Games will look far better in the future, given that you take care of your PC
- You do not have to pay to play multiplayer

Cons:
- You don't have many friends who use PC's or have good enough PC's for
intensive gaming
- Computer hardware is always getting better, and your PC will only last a couple
of years before you start noticing lowering performance in games, and you may
have to pay more money for upgrades
- PCs are EXPENSIVE, at least, for good ones.

Given this information, it really is up to what you value more; better performance with an expensive price, with not many people to play with - or a lower price for an ok system that will last, with lots of friends you can hang out with.

I'm personally more of a PC guy, because I know a few people who I can play games with, but I am all for Xbone and look forward to getting one later this summer so I can play with my friends.
06/26/2015 12:09 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
06/26/2015 12:25 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Lad
Fred
Trying to get both could be very pricey. Also since most of your irl friends play on the xbox one and you want a lot of games on it I recommend getting the xbox one.
06/26/2015 12:34 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
I know
I just wanted an excuse to use that gif. xD

But seriously, choose the console with games you want to play. Like Halo and other Xbox exclusive stuff? Then XboxOne. Like TF2 and other PC games, then PC.
06/25/2015 10:31 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Barkitect
I would go for a custom PC not a xbox1 because of memory on the xbox1 vs the what? 10GB or even higher you can get? well that's my choice
06/25/2015 9:56 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Magicman88999Xbox One, if you've got lots of friends that play it. I personally don't play on mine because I have so little games for it, and no one else I know has one :/

Also, inb4 PC fanboys

We were here, just didn't comment.
Go for PC and convert your friends.
06/25/2015 9:55 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Xbox One, if you've got lots of friends that play it. I personally don't play on mine because I have so little games for it, and no one else I know has one :/

Also, inb4 PC fanboys arguing about master race, custom built = cheaper, and general flamewar.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome