forum Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record Gaming

Zelda!

1 emerald15 replies282 views
created 03/27/2013 10:46 pm by WDM_Shredz
last reply 06/09/2013 1:34 am
Hey guys!
This post is mainly just to say your favorite Zelda game or what you like about the franchise! So drop a comment below!
Posted by avatar
WDM_Shredz
Level 26 : Expert Archer

comment Login or register to post a reply.

15 replies

06/09/2013 1:34 am
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
Have you talked to the people during the final hours of the final day during MM? It paints a picture of companionship during an insurmountable obstacle, and when you enter the moon it's a flippin' paradise with children playing! Except for the child wearing Majora's mask. It made me sad seeing him alone and depressed.

Twilight Princess's creation story cutscene freaked me out pretty bad though. So did Puppet Ganondorf in Wind Waker.

PS: OoT:3D's 2nd Credit's music was amazing!
06/09/2013 1:17 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
CyroFalcon
Mine was Majora's mask, hands down. I loved the idea of fetching masks while on a time limit, it was tense.
06/09/2013 1:10 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Explorer
Nikolus
I think Twilight Princess was darker than Majora's Mask. Both literally and by sense of story. Majora's Mask really isn't dark at all, yes there is a creepy moon- but does that define the entire game? I would hope it would not for you. The game has many dark moments, but so does Ocarina of Time. Like the ruins of Castle Town, 1/3 of the Gorons being eaten, 99% of the Zoras frozen (and dead). How about Gannondorf's castle? That one has a high macabre quality. If you say that all this isn't equivalent to ,or even darker than, the events of Majora's Mask- you are delusional. And with Twilight Princess, just think about how the majority of the time you work with Midna, she is planning to stab you in the back. That's pretty dark, especially since she's supposed to be your in-game partner. I mean sure the moon doesn't have a creepy face, but it's still pretty dark if you actually read and understand the plot. (P.S. I think Arbiters Grounds trumps all dungeons from every game for creepiness.)
03/28/2013 1:48 am
Neptonic
I found the OoT: 3D remake to be fine, however compared to Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess, it isn't the best Zelda game. It's still the best rated game of all time, mostly because no one had seen anything like it before. When Majora's Mask came out, it was old stuff and was deemed 'the same thing as the last one'. It was more fun though, but so much more dark. Way darker that Twilight Princess. That's my opinion.
03/28/2013 1:27 am
Neptonic
Zelda 2: Link's Adventure is probably the only game I will rage against. I'm talking 'what the crap was Bioware thinking when they ended Mass Effect 3' raging. It was that bad.
03/28/2013 1:22 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
Seth_Reed
My favorites:

1. Legend of Zelda 1 (NES)
2. Ocarina of Time (N64 version)
3. Wind Waker
4. Link to the Past
5. Majora's Mask

I like most of the zelda games (haven't played the recent ones), except for the two on the DS. Can't recommend them to anyone, really.
03/28/2013 12:55 am
Neptonic
OoT: 3D all the way! Minish Cap is my favorite top down Zelda though. Can't wait for Wind Waker HD for WiiU though!
03/28/2013 12:51 am
Level 29 : Expert Toast
DaSquyd
I think that anyone who has played the Zelda games can agree that Ocarina was the Zelda game of all time. It had the most sales of all the games. About 7.6M copies sold! However, I am not at all saying that the others were bad. Skyward sword was very good, but I still don't appreciate Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.
03/28/2013 1:37 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Explorer
Nikolus
I am so sad to hear people still think that this is the best game... It's been how long? Ten years since it reached it's prime? It was a very flawed game, in example remember getting the giants wallet and thinking you'll never fill it up? A whole 500 Rupees? That was filled up so fast, mainly because you didn't have to buy arrows or bombs when they could be found in the grass everywhere. So why even have money, if you never use it? On top of that, who here is an Ocarina child link fan? No one? I wonder why? Maybe cuz child link (Majora's Mask ver. in exception) sucked. Crappy tools, slow transportation, and little access to the world are all reasons we moan when we start the game and remember we have to play as child link. Why is 1/3 of the game so boring and uneventful? Isn't that bad story writing? I can't see why we praise a game with such a boring beginning. Even after that, there really isn't much of a storyline, just a background story that we just sort of walk into every once and a while. I don't get sucked into the story as I do with the more recent games.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and have played it several times- but come on! "The best Zelda game ever!"? Really? And the newer, more refined games can't compete with this out-of-season oldie? I just don't get it. I really just don't, I don't mean to get on everyone's nerves by stating what I believe, but I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't follow the unspoken rule of "Say OOT is the best, or you're not a fan."

PS I very much enjoyed the DS games, you guys should really loosen up on these games, their made for the system, not for you.
03/28/2013 1:16 am
Level 28 : Expert Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
Personally, I say nay to the "greatest game of all time", let alone being the greatest Zelda game. Granted, for its generation, it was an amazing game. However, I personally enjoyed Majora's Mask much more than OoT. MM was also hidden in the shadows due to it being released so late in the N64's lifetime.

Majora's Mask was a much more darker game than OoT, but its themes (sadness, lonliness, friendship, love, etc) really brought character to the game. A lot of people would also complain about the 3 day cycle - and sure, you only had 3 days to do as much as you can before you rewind time, or try to face off against Majora, but this left you with only a limited amount of time to help only selected few of individuals in your adventures. You also felt consequences for your actions, such as the helping the bomb lady as she was robbed, yet not being able to find Anju's love.

This game.. oh my garsh, this game has plenty of reasons to be a very epic game, yet is sadly overlooked by a lot of the gaming/zelda community.

(Here's a small tidbit: Majora's Mask was voted as the greatest game of the decade on GameFAQ.com's poll)
03/28/2013 12:47 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Erik_With_A_K
I said "Skyward Sword", that made a girl scream with delight.
I'm so bad ass. >:P
03/28/2013 12:43 am
Level 28 : Expert Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
Favorite Zelda games, top few:
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Oracle of Ages / Seasons
Ocarina of Time

All the other games are equally fun.

(Side, but related note: Theophany did a remix on some of the Majora's Mask songs. They're absolutely incredible: http://www.terriblefate.com/)
03/28/2013 12:43 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheArcticOne
I never played any of the Zeldas
03/28/2013 12:45 am
Level 40 : Master Wizard
mrjrbacon
You really should.
03/28/2013 12:39 am
Level 40 : Master Wizard
mrjrbacon
Mine is defiantly Ocarina of Time! Lost count on how much I played it.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome