A tribute to the Minecraft Community

Little_Billy's Avatar Little_Billy1/15/19 8:33 pm
7 emeralds 690 3
2/4/2019 8:56 pm
Little_Billy's Avatar Little_Billy
Hello, my name is Cupcakeman120.

I started playing Minecraft in 2012. Some of my best Minecraft memories were from this time. I discovered Minecraft for the first time on YouTube, and instantly fell in love with the game.

Although I hadn't had a chance to play the game at the time, the almost infinite creative ability of the game. The first time I played Minecraft was on the PE version, and everyday I would look forward to playing the blocky game that I loved and still love so much.

The time I finally managed to get the PC version was in 2014, when I finally got to download Minecraft. I never knew how to play Minecraft so well at the time. I was used to the simple, minimalist aspect of the PE version, and suddenly I was thrust into a giant world, with no limits, no box of confinement, a world to roam free.

No matter how much fun I had in the beginning, it never compares to the excitement of connecting to that first multiplayer server. As a kid, I didn't have experience with multiplayer games. The closest thing I had with real, online multiplayer, was when I played the Star Wars Battlefront on the PlayStation Portable. Coming onto a multiplayer server, and meeting an amazing, enthusiastic community was the most amazing experience of my life. Being restricted from online play and suddenly thrust into this big wide world in front of me was overwhelming, but beautiful.

As time wore on, I became more and more familiarized with Minecraft and the multiplayer games. I found exploits and glitches in minigames, I became friends with numerous people, and pretty much, had the time of my life. At that point, I was content, and, although the feeling of loading that first world wasn't really there anymore, I felt at bliss, that I had found a community I felt so apart of, that almost felt like family. I never loved a community so much. They were helpful, kind, and, except for the occasional toxic player, people generally made my time in Minecraft amazing. Hackers were hilarious back then, sometimes being a pain in the butt, but sometimes helping their respective teams and ultimately making a lot of laughs.

I met many people as I went from server to server. I developed an addiction to the Mineverse op-prison. I loved Mineplex minigames, and became an absolute savage at the Annihilation minigame in the old Shotbow network. I started to really devote time to town development, in the Meepcraft server. Life, was good.

But as time wore on, things began to go downhill. The town I was in, was grieved, the entire town and all my friends went down with it. My old friends from a lot of servers quit Minecraft, and have completely gone. Old building buddies that I played with got banned from servers. Things weren't good at all.

But in such times, I started to really cherish my old memories, loading the first minecraft game, playing minecraft with friends from school for the first time, discovering a whole new aspect of Minecraft, and the feeling of fun that I never felt again. In the end, I left Minecraft and decided to go a different path, journeying into old games I used to play like cs:go. I tried to forget those bad memories in Minecraft, but a lot of them came back to nag me.

So, one day in 2017, I brought out my old computer to play Minecraft for the first time in a couple years. I joined old servers, but nothing seemed like the old way it used to be. Many people seemed to have left Minecraft, a lot of people from the old community basically moved on like I did. Some stayed, but nothing was really the same.

Sometimes I wish things were back to the ways it used to be, but theres no changing what is now.

Thank you Minecraft for the memories, and especially, thanks to the community for making such memories possible.

I wish you guys all the best,

Cupcakeman120
Little_Billy
Level 1 : New Miner