_~_ Aether _~_ Forum RP Applications

BlackFTW's Avatar BlackFTW4/23/12 8:46 pm
4/27/2012 8:53 am
Brink_'s Avatar Brink_
This ain't a server RP, young explorer. If you're looking for one, take the western fork of the path back two miles South.

IC: aether-forum-thread-t76788.html

So. I randomly wanted to try to make another, new RP. So here it is.

Ya' see, there is a place of the aether. The aether is rather a strange thing. Much like magnets, they're mostly unexplained. Most is unknown about it, but what is known is dangerous, powerful, taboo. It's a hidden art of magical proportions that not much know about. Those who learned and practice Aether are revered, as the common stereotype of Aether-Users, also known as Aethri, is that they're bears of the military. (Think State Alchemists) Ruthless. Merciless. Heartless.

Aether is used in thirteen different forms. The first being Aqua. The control and manipulation of water. Nothing special about this particular form. The second is Thunder, same as Aqua but instead of water, electricity. This repeats for Fire, Earth, Aero, Frozen, and Combustion (which, by the way, is explosive manipulation). Though, the other six are more... advanced than these simple types. Soul, Life, Gravity, Cure, Transmutation, and Mutual.

Soul:
Click to reveal
Soul Aether. The second most taboo Aether of them all. Soul Aether consists of being able to control, change, and see the souls of others. With this, one may be able to "steal" the soul of someone or something. But, again, with this, you can manipulate souls. One can bind a soul into an inanimate object, in the end making the soul being able to make the object move or something like that. A complicated mark drawn on the object will bound the soul to it, if the mark is drawn in the blood of the one who once owned the soul.

Life:
Click to reveal
Life Aether. The third most revered Aether of them all. Life Aether is the use of Aether to control life, or the dead. Whether it's bringing back someone from the dead, or merging animals to create chimeras, Life can never preform properly/correctly. Something always gets taken away from the user. By that I mean part of the user. A body part. Mental sanity. Anything, really. The more increasingly nature-defying it gets, the worse the infliction on the user. The worst comes from reviving dead beings. It never works. The user always dies. The sheer need of a new soul is too great of a sacrifice that needs to be given that it just never works.

Gravity:
Click to reveal
Gravity Aether. The art of controlling physics. Walking on walls, floating, telepathy, it's all just Gravity Aether. One biggest key thing to Gravity Aether is that Gravity Aether is that the use of Gravity often some how... well, "poisons" the user with rare diseases or sicknesses. For that reason, it's not the most popular choice for wise Aethri.

Cure:
Click to reveal
Cure Aether. The name truly speaks for its self. Cure Aether is the art of healing, medicine and remedies. With Cure Aether, one can remove scars, cure someone of a cold, or get rid of a nasty gash in one's arm. Though, the matter of death refers to Life Aether. Cure only relates to things alive, it cannot revive one. A different, important thing is that Cure requires the tribute of various different herbs and plants. Basically, grasses and weeds easily heal wounds, though the worse the wound the more common plant is needed to heal it. Flowers and uncommon herbs are required to heal illnesses from a living thing. The rarer the flower, the better the effects.

Transmutation:
Click to reveal
Transmutation Aether. Changing one thing to another. Making stone into iron. Changing water to wine. Really, all you need to preform Transmutation is the knowledge of it, and base materials to work off of. Eventually, if one hones their skills of Transmutation enough, one could do such feats such as creating a spear out of a bucket of sand or making a bucket out of a branch to store the sand in.

Mutual:
Click to reveal
Mutual Aether. The most despised type. Mutual Aether is... well, everything. It's the art of using everything known about Aether. It puts the most strain on the user, and it's the hardest thing to learn and it's seemingly impossible to master it.

A rebel war has broken up in a desert region. Those who show enough skill and are eighteen or more of age are legible to join the military for the time being and "help" out in the war. Though, the military aren't the ones doing the right thing. The military has been merciless, even though they were the ones to spark the war. They suppressed the region for so long. Keeping the most strict law you would ever see. Well, it's really up to you if you'd rather "help" the military's "cause" or fight back with the rebels. Or maybe you'd rather ignore it or continue studying Aether.

Rules:
1.) No god-modding or meta-gaming.
2.) Do NOT be a Gary-Lu/Mary-Sue/OP character. Try to be reasonable.
3.) Keep your character's age in mind. Younger people are allowed to do less things than those eighteen or older, and a twelve-year-old probably won't be able to beat up a twenty-something-year-old man who is part of the military.
4.) You MUST have the grammar skills of a sixth grader or higher.
5.) Do NOT be a random orphan that was thrown out in the streets when s/he was two, and s/he managed to survive. If you want to be an orphan, PLEASE be realistic. No one throws out a new-born into pouring rain and somehow the new-born survives.
6.) You HAVE to be an ORIGINAL character. So that means you can't be Harry Potter.

Applications:

[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species/Nationality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Dialogue:[/b] (This MUST be at LEAST a paragraph. Two or more paragraphs is much preferred.)
[b]Does s/he know the art of Aether? If yes, what kind?[/b]
[b]Anything else?[/b]

Accepted:
Herp?

Allowed to Accept:
BlackFTW, as I can't think of anything witty.
BlackFTW
Level 39 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/27/2012 8:53 am
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
Brink_
No second chances? My rage on that RP was a one time thing. Black, if I do it again, you can ban me from the forums.
04/26/2012 11:48 pm
BlackFTW
Brink_Full Name: Alex Füster
Species/Nationality: Human; Austrian
Appearance: Blonde hair, dark green eyes.
Click to reveal

Personality: Courageous, clever, silent, lonely, and shy.
Dialogue:
Does s/he know the art of Aether? If yes, what kind? Yes, he is skilled in the art of gravity.
Anything else? Nope.

Declined. Sorry, but I'm a little worried that you'll flip out on this innocent little thread too.
04/26/2012 11:38 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Skinner
ultradoom5
I do believe in second chances, but I mean seriously! I think the spit out his pills, wiggled out of his jacket, and went on an adventure.
04/26/2012 11:33 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
BlackFTW
ultradoom5www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post730234.html#p730234 here's the rp

Jebus crisp... Err... I'm not sure how to respond to this. I mean, he's a good RPer, as far as I know, but he just kinda went apes*** on that thread... >.>

Personally, I believe in second chances. And you always have the option of 'banning/kicking' someone from the RP, correct? I mean.. That's just my view on the situation and I'm still new to this RP stoof. You're free completely ignore meh~
04/26/2012 11:28 pm
BlackFTW
ultradoom5www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post730234.html#p730234 here's the rp

Jebus crisp... Err... I'm not sure how to respond to this. I mean, he's a good RPer, as far as I know, but he just kinda went apes*** on that thread... >.>
04/26/2012 10:14 pm
ultradoom5
04/26/2012 10:12 pm
ultradoom5
No!!! Don't accept him!!! He'crazy!!! Read the last few pages of his assassin RP for proof!!
04/26/2012 10:10 pm
Brink_
Full Name: Alex Füster
Species/Nationality: Human; Austrian
Appearance: Blonde hair, dark green eyes.
Click to reveal

Personality: Courageous, clever, silent, lonely, and shy.
Dialogue: Alex grabbed the hot mug, and lifted it up to his lips. He took a long sip of the warm coffee, and set the mug down. He wiped the leftover coffee from his lips with his sleeve, and went to the bathroom to wash his face. As he turned on the sink, he heard his fiance shout from upstairs.
"Alex, did you make me my coffee this morning?" She said as she raced into the kitchen.
"No, I only had time to make me a cup. I have to go to the concert in a couple minutes" he said in between mouthfuls of water.
Does s/he know the art of Aether? If yes, what kind? Yes, he is skilled in the art of gravity, but his fiance is unaware of his abilities.
Anything else? Nope.
04/26/2012 7:23 pm
BlackFTW
WolfOfDoomFull Name: Inari Kami
Species/Nationality: Kitsune
Personality: Shy/Quiet
Does she know the art of Aether? If yes, what kind?: Yes, she has intermediate/advanced knowledge of the 'Cure' Aether.
Appearance: Light, palish skin with brownish/blonde hair and deep light green eyes; Somewhat thin. For those lacking imagination: -snip-
Dialogue: -snip-
Anything else?: -snip-
That's about it, hope to have some fun with this ^~^

Well, it's better than some *almost all first-timer-RPers, and it's accepted, too.
XoXoAwesomeFull Name: Lilac Rose Alexander
Species/Nationality: Human (Part wolf if possible)
Appearance: -snip-
Personality: Sneaky and clever.
Dialogue: (This MUST be at LEAST a paragraph. Two or more paragraphs is much preferred.)
Anything else?: No.

This isn't a Minecraft RP. Declined.

Also, here's the thread: aether-forum-thread-t76788.html

And finally, my character:
Full Name: Gale Yeeres.
Species/Nationality: He's quite in fact a human. Or did you think he was a table?
Appearance: I don't have any imagination so here's a picture! .u.
Click to reveal

Personality: Gale is a calm, though easy to fool or trick guy.
Dialogue: Gale clenched his teeth when the wet cloth was placed on his throbbing, bloody mess of a wound. The girl who was treating his leg looked like she knew what she was doing, when she usually just looked lost and distressed like a lost puppy. After the bandage was placed around the treated gash, the girl stepped back, but not before handing Gale a vial of some strange liquid he had never seen before.
"What's this, Sarah?" Gale asked, popping off the cork from the vial's mouth.
"It's medicine that will help wade off your fever, Gale. I figured you might need it soon, in case you get hurt again and something illness-causing happens." The girl replies, slowly reverting more back to her old, lost puppy self each word.

Does s/he know the art of Aether? If yes, what kind? Why yes, he does know some. Specifically he knows a bit about Transmutation, though he has never tried it. Mainly, he uses Aero. But still, he only knows the basics of it. He mainly uses the bow-and-arrow.
Anything else? Maybe, maybe if we shtab him with a spoon...
04/26/2012 12:11 pm
FoxOfDoom
Full Name: Inari Kami
Species/Nationality: Kitsune
Personality: Shy/Quiet
Does she know the art of Aether? If yes, what kind?: Yes, she has intermediate/advanced knowledge of the 'Cure' Aether.
Appearance: Light, palish skin with brownish/blonde hair and deep light green eyes; Somewhat thin. For those lacking imagination:
Click to reveal

Dialogue: Inari quickly rummaged through her bag of assorted medical herbs and common flowers as she pulled out a small number of rose petals. Inari held the petals againt the wounded rebel as she whispered "This should stop the bleeding.."
The rebel moaned in pain as Inari pressed the petals hard against his arm, attempting to stop the blood loss. As the bleeding subsided, Inari noticed the rebel staring at the petals and asked "Are you okay?" as she bandaged the wound to the best of her abilities. Inari does not have the knowledge/skill/supplies to fully heal wounds/gashes. The rebel slowly replied "Yes.. For now.." Did I do it right? c:

Anything else?: She is against fighting, and avoids combat/fighting if she can (Sides with the rebels). Rather, she aids her friends/allies by giving medical care/treatment, healing wounds/sickness if she can and has the proper supplies to do so. Also is known to study the 'Cure' Aether and it's potential when not caring for her friends/allies (To backup her advanced knowledge of the 'Cure' Aether at her younger age). Also, first time RP'ing, so forgive the meh dialogue x3

That's about it, hope to have some fun with this ^~^
04/24/2012 11:21 pm
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
_books
Full Name: Lilac Rose Alexander
Species/Nationality: Human (Part wolf if possible)
Appearance: Wolf form: http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/ip/ph/h7/y_maygikal.jpg Human form: http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/SH33P_G1RL/Anime_girl_punk1.jpg
Personality: Sneaky and clever.
Dialogue: (This MUST be at LEAST a paragraph. Two or more paragraphs is much preferred.) Lilac looked at the glowstone powder and water in the chest, "What do I do with this? She also saw a note that said,
Aether is slowly dieing, make the portal and take back what's yours. Here are the instructions:
Make a four long, five tall, portal, fill it with water and go in, be careful, the Aether military is out there.
Sincer

The letter stopped. Lilac was torn, but in no time, she stepped into the portal. She was going to fight back. "If I don't make it," She said to herself, "I did it to save what I love most." She saw the swirls around her and appered in the Aether.
Does s/he know the art of Aether? If yes, what kind? Yes, the cure Aether.
Anything else?: No.
04/23/2012 9:36 pm
ultradoom5
Full Name: Seve Dimitri
Species/Nationality: Umm... is this on earth? I'm not quite sure if you said that... i'll go with America? And species? Aetheri
Appearance: Umm... sorry... thinking, thinking... AHA!!!! Tall, think, very weak and sickly. Bark brown hair, whiter than sour cream. (sorry, had to quote Weird Al there.)
Personality: Always cracking jokes, but is kind and will always help a friend.
Dialogue: (This MUST be at LEAST a paragraph. Two or more paragraphs is much preferred.) Seve dashed across the busy street, coughing. He didn't know what was after him, he just knew he had to get away from it. He used his powers to run up the wall, and cling to the ceiling. 'Please dont be able to climb, please dont be able to climb.' He thought to himself, knowing he would be dead if whater was after him could climb. Not hearing any noise, he dropped to the floor. He coughed loudly, unable to muffle it. He heard a growl, and backed into the corner...
Anything else? He is a gravity Aetheri, with a perpetual cold, and blindness.
04/23/2012 9:38 pm
BlackFTW
Blindness. A classic way to keep your character from being perfect~ Accepted. And, I guess it could be on Earth, but in a fantasy type of Earth.
04/23/2012 9:40 pm
ultradoom5
YES~!
04/23/2012 9:15 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
Full Name: His name shall be Jim Banki
Species/Nationality: American
Appearance: Blue hair, emo hair (hehe), plaid shirt, jeans.
Personality: Quiet, usually ignored by others.
Dialogue: (This MUST be at LEAST a paragraph. Two or more paragraphs is much preferred.): Jim yelled "Maybe I don't want to marry her! I don't even like her!" Jim has a tradition which be marries when he is early aged. "You must! We order you to!" His father yelled back. Jim was made, crying. He ran out the door, he was going to join the military.
Anything else? Nah
04/24/2012 10:45 pm
BlackFTW
Flail bump attempt because I shouldn't try to make a new RP despite my creepy amount of ideas for RPs because I didn't even try to make this one live mixed with a message to Jack, GOOOOOOOOOOOOO- *cough* -OOOOOOOO!
Also, Jack, accepted, I suppose. Suuuppoooossseeee.
04/23/2012 9:34 pm
BlackFTW
Before I say anything, does Jim know anything of the art of Aether? I forgot to add that into the application. *I fail*
04/23/2012 9:44 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
Uh sure. :3. He is a Aqua Aethi.
04/23/2012 9:06 pm
Brink_
So I can't apply if my grammar only goes up to fifth grade? DANG IT.
04/23/2012 9:08 pm
BlackFTW
This one time, this fifth grader threw a box of waffles at me. Ever since then, I have had a specific hate towards fifth graders and their grammar. ;-;
04/23/2012 9:11 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
FutureOfMinecraftia
Lol, screw you to.
04/23/2012 9:00 pm
FoxOfDoom
I suppose the last RP thread you made didn't blow over that well? :/
Regardless, I'm still interested in this RP stuff. Expect an application from me later~
Wa.. Wait.. I can't be Harrpy Potter? *Cries*
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome