Ages 14+?

ME1312's Avatar ME13125/27/14 9:53 pm
1 emeralds 2.5k 175
5/30/2014 4:24 pm
Ciberg's Avatar Ciberg
Anyone feeling left out cause your somewhat or fully mature, however you cannot join Staff, youtube groups, etc., because your too young? well tell me your sob story/opinion cause i'm 13 and it sucks :3 -- let me fix a issue here, this is my opinion, not a complaint.
ME1312
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2014 4:24 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Hunter
Ciberg
And now, it is time for the

/thread
05/29/2014 10:15 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
Im actually young,and I've been trusted to be a moderator for 2 servers and a builder for 1 server.
05/29/2014 8:56 pm
Ciberg
bump
05/29/2014 10:05 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
I thought we could let the post die. Its been proven there's no way we can change views of others. Has, however, also been proven how much it hurts to hold a fork wrong while eating spaghetti and trying to respond with a five billion paragraph speech on the subject, to Ctrl+Backspace and go back a page loosing those paragraphs.
05/29/2014 8:57 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
LegoSpidermanFan
?
05/29/2014 10:00 pm
Ciberg
I bumped the post...
05/28/2014 10:03 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Seghas
Essentially.
05/28/2014 10:00 pm
Seghas
^ Noticed.
05/28/2014 9:56 pm
Ciberg
We went from 3 posts a minute to none..
05/28/2014 10:01 pm
ME1312
yup. 14 pages of random opinions was enough for the community i guess.
05/28/2014 9:36 pm
Seghas
Xtremebrawler_xa group of 12 year olds, not including you, were tested, and most of them were immature. Now, put that to a worldwide internet scale, and that's why we think 12 year olds are immature.

That's how I feel about people my age........
05/28/2014 9:26 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
_Cubed_
#14Pages
And topic is 14 lol
05/28/2014 9:26 pm
Ciberg
Tanasmmo
Xtremebrawler_x
He means there is no need for any further discussion of the topic after his reply. Which I agree is true

PizzaPenguin_
I'm basically just saying that no more needs to be said, it doesn't actually do anything.

Well you can't really stop it anyways since they will [most likely] still post it anyways even after it, since its their keyboard and you can't really control what they say.

Yeah, I just agree with him though. I know people will continue to post, but there really is nothing more to be said, other than repeating arguments from before
05/28/2014 9:24 pm
Mishkia
Xtremebrawler_x
He means there is no need for any further discussion of the topic after his reply. Which I agree is true

PizzaPenguin_
I'm basically just saying that no more needs to be said, it doesn't actually do anything.

Well you can't really stop it anyways since they will [most likely] still post it anyways even after it, since its their keyboard and you can't really control what they say.
05/28/2014 9:23 pm
Seghas
Nah, his post shouldn't end the discussion. It's better to have an ongoing topic (unless it's some sort of flame war) where we can express our feelings as time goes on, maybe a change of opinions. Saying "I have the last word, now you all go away" actually doesn't really express maturity as much as you would like to think. As long as we keep it civil, let's hear some more viewpoints.

PizzaPenguin_Reality is, you're not mature, and you're not in that 1%.

You never really know.

The percentage isn't 1%, as some people are saying here. It's actually closer to an 85/15% when I'm being generous. Everyone can be mature, but not everyone always is. It's just that way things work, and the way they will always work.
05/28/2014 9:22 pm
Ciberg
Just stop it. You've received multiple reasons for age limits and judging based on age, just accept it. The driver's licence thing was an example, and works the same for age. You might be mature, you might not. Complaining about it over and over like this makes people think immature. And yes, a group of 12 year olds, not including you, were tested, and most of them were immature. Now, put that to a worldwide internet scale, and that's why we think 12 year olds are immature.

(Also, as mentioned before, people barfing rainbows in your signature doesn't send out the "I'm mature" message..)
05/28/2014 9:33 pm
LegoSpidermanFan
^^
I agree.
05/28/2014 9:28 pm
ME1312
I'll say it again ._.
ME1312 my signature is my signature. I'm not known to be serious, I'm known to be helpful. besides, rainbows, memes, make me happy. why don't you try expressing yourself?

why should I stop if the community wishes to continue? I'm not like that.
05/28/2014 9:17 pm
Ciberg
Tanasmmo
PizzaPenguin_

/thread

I don't get what that was either supposed to do, or did do. Someone explain...? (Exception to the "last thing" since I'm confused on what this was either supposed to do, or did actually do)

05/28/2014 9:14 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
Tanasmmo
PizzaPenguin_

/thread

I don't get what that was either supposed to do, or did do. Someone explain...? (Exception to the "last thing" since I'm confused on what this was either supposed to do, or did actually do)

05/28/2014 9:13 pm
Mishkia
PizzaPenguin_

/thread

05/28/2014 9:12 pm
Mishkia
Seghas-snip-

Another point to bring up is that some kids have parents who don't care how their kid acts, so they let them go along in life being immature, so the kid never learns how to be socially capable. Some parents try as hard as they can so that their children can become mature, successful, etc. -Snip-

Basically, don't judge ANYONE by their age. If a guy is 18, he could be the least mature person on Earth, but a 11 year old could be quite mature, more mature than most 15-20 year olds. It all depends on the person's friends, family, and background.

^ Basically what I'm trying to say in different words (Except the snipped parts)

I understand I can get confusing and people can get a different meaning then what I'm actually saying, and if I said directly "bleh i'm mature" I don't mean it like so. I mean I actually try to not be an immature twit. At times, yes, I am silly and a bit immature when I'm joking around and in a good mood, and I don't have to be serious, but when its a serious situation I clean that up with a mob and ship it away in a box.

Anyways, probably last thing I'm saying on this since I'm getting a headache from banging my head on a wall cause once again someone misinterpreted what I said .-. (Happens a lot, so don't be worried xD)
05/28/2014 9:11 pm
Level 1 : New Network
OneOrder
-
05/28/2014 9:05 pm
Seghas
I remember that I was really immature in kindergarten, because I was smarter than other kids my age and I could never concentrate on school. I was thinking, "Why do we need to learn how to WRITE? I could do that 2 YEARS ago! You guys don't know the ALPHABET???!!!" (Not to brag or anything...) I was also really socially inexperienced.

Then I moved, and got friends who were socially experienced, kind of poor (but not all that much so), and great friends. I've matured since then.

Another point to bring up is that some kids have parents who don't care how their kid acts, so they let them go along in life being immature, so the kid never learns how to be socially capable. Some parents try as hard as they can so that their children can become mature, successful, etc. There's a delicate balance here. If a parent is too strict, their child could become depressed and commit suicide (which is really sad, but it's true), but if the parent is too leniant, the kid could end up being a high school dropout with the maturity of an elementary schooler.

Basically, don't judge ANYONE by their age. If a guy is 18, he could be the least mature person on Earth, but a 11 year old could be quite mature, more mature than most 15-20 year olds. It all depends on the person's friends, family, and background.
05/28/2014 9:03 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
im not going to complain about this response, because I believe you, but how can you tell my future?[/quote]
I'm saying that 99% of people grow more mature as they get older. There are a lot of little kids who claim they're mature for their age (sometimes they're right, but most of the time, they aren't). And a lot of those kids who claim to be mature for their age get older and realize they were wrong (part of maturing, knowing you're not always right, you're not the best at everything, etc.). It's part of maturing. You learn more, you know more about the world around you, and you act differently most of the time. Maturity is a thing that doesn't stop growing dude. Unless you make it stop, maturity grows as you grow. Not saying I'm 100% correct. Some kids are more mature than others. I say this out of my experience.[/quote]
so what happens if I'm the 1% thats left out of the 99% of immature kids?[/quote]
Then you chose to be part of the 1%. The 1% I'm talking about here are the people who choose to not mature and don't change how they act.
Let's say a 12 year old (no disabilities) everyday at 1:00 bursts out screaming (this is a bit extreme, but it's only an example) randomly. That's immature. Let's say he doesn't stop and he does it even when he's 20. That's the 1% who don't mature.
05/28/2014 9:03 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
xmx1024
05/28/2014 8:59 pm
IDKCharlie
WillyWonka125
CharliechoSum up this whole topic in one sentence:
The older you get, the more mature you get.

College kids. You argument is rendered invalid.

Haha. Yeah I guess there may be a bit of jump down from high school to college but that fixes itself most of the time. They get more rights in college then they do stupid things with those rights cause they don't know any better. They mature again and realize their mistakes. Would that be called rematuring?
05/28/2014 8:58 pm
Ciberg
Seghas
People at my school think sex jokes and that breed of "humor" is funny while I honestly think it's immature and whatnot. I don't consider myself very mature in the general scheme of things, I don't like staff positions (I never live up to the responsibility), but I do consider myself somewhat mature for my age, especially compared to my classmates who have the maturity of a 5 year old.

This gets on my nerves so much, people telling all these sex and racist jokes that aren't even funny. Apparently my friends don't understand why a holocaust joke isn't funny.
05/28/2014 8:57 pm
LegoSpidermanFan
I think its pretty immature to argue with kids.
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
GlissandoGirl
When I was 8, I got mad when people described immature things as something an 8-year-old would do. Now I realize that I really wasn't all that mature at 8. I like to think I'm relatively mature for my age, but I'll probably think of my current actions as immature in the future.

I guess keeping your age private and letting people judge your maturity without knowing your age is probably the best way to go about it. I've met people online who were younger than I thought, and people who were older than I thought.
05/28/2014 8:54 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Toast
WillyWonka125
CharliechoSum up this whole topic in one sentence:

College kids. You argument is rendered invalid.
05/28/2014 8:49 pm
IDKCharlie
Sum up this whole topic in one sentence:
If you're one of those claiming that you're mature for your age, please stop right there. Wait till you get older and then you'll realize the truth.
My viewpoints arguing to some of the posts I see here:
-High pitch voices shouldn't have anything to do with how you judge someone.
-Judging by age is quite justified, as you mature more as you grow older. More mature people can make better decisions and such.
-Some people may be more mature than others their age, but that doesn't mean they're matured as much as older people
05/28/2014 8:51 pm
ME1312
im not going to complain about this response, because I believe you, but how can you tell my future?
05/28/2014 8:56 pm
IDKCharlie
I'm saying that 99% of people grow more mature as they get older. There are a lot of little kids who claim they're mature for their age (sometimes they're right, but most of the time, they aren't). And a lot of those kids who claim to be mature for their age get older and realize they were wrong (part of maturing, knowing you're not always right, you're not the best at everything, etc.). It's part of maturing. You learn more, you know more about the world around you, and you act differently most of the time. Maturity is a thing that doesn't stop growing dude. Unless you make it stop, maturity grows as you grow. Not saying I'm 100% correct. Some kids are more mature than others. I say this out of my experience.
05/28/2014 8:58 pm
ME1312
so what happens if I'm the 1% thats left out of the 99% of immature kids?
05/28/2014 9:11 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
If you were...
Well, like someone else said about the driver licences, just because one person under 16 can drive, doesn't mean they'll make it legal for anyone under 16. Same thing for staff positions. Just because a few people (that 1% you were talking about) are mature when they're under a certain age, the majority are not! Server owners aren't going to change their general guidelines just because of a few mature kids.

I really don't see why this thread needs to continue on. So many people are giving you valid reasons on why these 14+ rules or 16+ rules are in place, and why you don't need to be staff at 13. It seems as if you are ignoring the comments which actually prove you wrong. No offense to you, but just take advice from the people in this thread. You show signs of immaturity just complaining about not being able to be staff or that people judge you by your age rather than maturity.

Reality is, you're not mature, and you're not in that 1%.

/thread
05/28/2014 9:02 pm
Ciberg
This is why people think kids are immature. That's highly unlikely
05/28/2014 9:05 pm
ME1312
Its a legit question. He can't just estimate my maturity future. neither can anyone else.
05/28/2014 8:45 pm
Seghas
It's kind of amusing how I post a wall of text that sounds like an English essay I would write (only 1/2 the length) and then I get praised for my maturity. I definitely am not the most mature person my age, but I guess I'm closer than I thought...
This topic is 12 pages long. Controversy, anybody?
ME1312
I didn't think the topic would sprout this much to be honest.
05/28/2014 8:39 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
MatronixPVP
Kids under the age of 12 who go on get staff and grief, and then screw up the server ruined it. I am 15, so it doesn't matter. But I feel for the actual mature 12 year olds. #StruggeIsReal
05/28/2014 8:38 pm
LegoSpidermanFan
Xtremebrawler_x
LegoSpidermanFan (I fixed your reply up a bit, sorry)
Yes, but telling by how these people won't open their eyes, they are gonna stereotype us no matter what. Gosh if they would give us a chance to prove ourselves. If only they would accept us...

Well, that's what I'm saying. People need to give kids a chance, if they prove trustworthy, open up a little. If not, doesn't mean all kids aren't just find someone who is

^^
Words of wisdom. Reminds me of Morgan Freeman.
05/28/2014 8:35 pm
Ciberg
LegoSpidermanFan (I fixed your reply up a bit, sorry)
Yes, but telling by how these people won't open their eyes, they are gonna stereotype us no matter what. Gosh if they would give us a chance to prove ourselves. If only they would accept us...

Well, that's what I'm saying. People need to give kids a chance, if they prove trustworthy, open up a little. If not, doesn't mean all kids aren't just find someone who is
05/28/2014 8:27 pm
ME1312
PizzaPenguin_
ME1312
PizzaPenguin_Notcie how pretty much every 11, 12, and 13 year old on this thread says they're mature for their age and they're the only ones arguing to not be judged by age. Older people have experience, and in most situations, more maturity. Most people also thought they were mature for their age when they were younger, but then as they got older, realized how stupid they looked. Kids these days try to grow up way too fast. Enjoy being a kid, and let older people take on more responsibilities. You'll miss being a kid later. Besides, most of you are immature anyways, you just don't realize it because you might be more mature than one of your buddies at school.

I'm more mature than a 16 year old i have on skype.

13 year olds on skype, my goodness...

Anyways, I never said 16-year-olds were super mature... They are more mature than younger people usually, but not all. There can be immature people of any age.
And I don't mean to target anyone directly, but your signature includes memes, rainbows, and a curse word. Doesn't exactly scream maturity, buddy.

yea i know, but it does show theres exceptions to the age rulebook.
and i know 8 year olds on Skype, they always get trolled and get youtubers big views for raging. my signature is my signature. I'm not known to be serious, I'm known to be helpful. besides, rainbows, memes, make me happy. why don't you try expressing yourself?
----
My first big post.... im so unsocial ._.
05/28/2014 8:26 pm
Ciberg
Well, it really depends on the kid. Some kids can act more mature than adults, in some cases. More than not, however, most kids act immature and unintelligent because they are online and don't care about stuff like maturity or grades. If 12/13 year olds want people to stop stereotyping them, they have to show people that they are mature. There are plenty of mature kids out there, but the majority of them aren't. Just prove to the internet that YOU are not immature, and they'll accept you.
05/28/2014 8:33 pm
LegoSpidermanFan
Yes, but telling by how these people won't open their eyes. They are gonna stereotype us no matter what. Gosh if they would give us a chance to prove our selves. If the would only accept us.
05/28/2014 8:16 pm
Seghas
Basically, I don't really care about the maturity on the outside. Some people I know act immature, but they can make mature decisions, use correct grammar, be patient, etc.
I'm 12, but I work really hard to learn in school, for the future. I also am earning hundreds of dollars to build a new PC, and I've learned alot in the process. Now I help people put together part lists for their new PCs. I'm definitely not as good as Randomness and Killertoad, but I am learning from them daily. I act somewhat immature during some parts of the day at school, because otherwise I would be bored.
People at my school think sex jokes and that breed of "humor" is funny while I honestly think it's immature and whatnot. I don't consider myself very mature in the general scheme of things, I don't like staff positions (I never live up to the responsibility), but I do consider myself somewhat mature for my age, especially compared to my classmates who have the maturity of a 5 year old.
05/28/2014 8:51 pm
IDKCharlie
The most mature 12 year old I've ever known of. Definitely gotta give you credit here dude.
05/28/2014 8:19 pm
LegoSpidermanFan
Now this kid out ranks everyone on this post of maturity.
05/28/2014 8:40 pm
ME1312
^ so true. I don't know any 12 year old that would do all that
05/28/2014 8:40 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
MatronixPVP
That was me when I was 12. I remember me being like him.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome