AMA!!! Ask Me Anything! I would love to answer your question

CastleCorp's Avatar CastleCorp4/29/13 9:36 pm
5/1/2013 10:18 am
CastleCorp's Avatar CastleCorp
Hey guys!
I want to start up a little AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread, to answer some your questions. I can answer pretty much any question you have (please nothing too personal) about minecraft or other subjects if you want.

Ideas:
Terraforming
Programs
Plugins
Servers
Blogs
Writing
Websites
Builds
Art
Redstone

and whatever else you can think of! So go ahead, ask me anything!

Cheers,
Castle
CastleCorp
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2013 9:04 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Warrior
alexandercasey1
Is it possible to put a button on the ceiling in Minecraft?
05/01/2013 10:18 am
CastleCorp
I believe they can. Test it out.
05/01/2013 8:29 am
Level 42 : Master Giraffe
GoldeNugget
What you think about "butter" spam?
05/01/2013 8:32 am
CastleCorp
Well, I think that it gets pretty annoying. However, if someone can do it in a way that is actually funny, I will tolerate it. What about you?
04/30/2013 11:38 pm
SpheXii
You know how a buttered piece of toast always lands on the buttered side...?
And you know how a cat always lands on its feet...?

If you buttered the cat on its back, would it land on its back?
05/01/2013 8:14 am
CastleCorp
Minecraft only please.
04/30/2013 11:27 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
lucolas01
but zero has no value it is but the absence of something there for 0 cannot go into 7 as 7 has a value and zero does not thus anything divided by 0 (nothing) is nothing

I think you mean because zero has no value, 7 can only go into 0 zero times because the number of times 7 can go into 0 has no value.
04/30/2013 4:58 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
MCTheBeast112233
Why do Smart people need to study?
Really Serius question.
04/30/2013 11:09 pm
CastleCorp
Being smart comes from studying and learning new material. please keep thid minecraft related.
04/30/2013 4:44 pm
CastleCorp
lucolas01
AnonymousBear
Lofty12345What is 0 divided by infinity?
0 / 1 = 0
0 / 2 = 0
0 / 3 = 0
0 / Infinity = 0
Answer: Anything divided by 0 is 0 ALWAYS.

Wrong.

The answer is ±∞ Not 0.

I can actually do things like 0 / 7 the above is wrong. You would have to have a remainder sooooo, 0 goes into 7 infinite times right? So what would be the decimal for it? Answer: Infinite.000...1 the ... stands for infinite zeroes. Now your saying, but infinite doesn't end! Well it's like this 0.01, 0.001, 0.0001. Get the point?

but zero has no value it is but the absence of something there for 0 cannot go into 7 as 7 has a value and zero does not thus anything divided by 0 (nothing) is nothing[/quote]
Please keep it Minecraft related
04/30/2013 4:41 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Toast
lucolas01
Overlord Xcano
AnonymousBear
Lofty12345What is 0 divided by infinity?
0 / 1 = 0
0 / 2 = 0
0 / 3 = 0
0 / Infinity = 0

Wrong.

The answer is ±∞ Not 0.

I can actually do things like 0 / 7 the above is wrong. You would have to have a remainder sooooo, 0 goes into 7 infinite times right? So what would be the decimal for it? Answer: Infinite.000...1 the ... stands for infinite zeroes. Now your saying, but infinite doesn't end! Well it's like this 0.01, 0.001, 0.0001. Get the point?

but zero has no value it is but the absence of something there for 0 cannot go into 7 as 7 has a value and zero does not thus anything divided by 0 (nothing) is nothing
04/30/2013 4:33 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Modder
duke_Frans
Infinity is a concept, not a number
04/30/2013 4:20 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Can you count to Potato?
I can.

Click to reveal
1, 11teen, 69, Potato!
04/30/2013 4:19 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
pigehay0
whats the longest word in japanese and what does it mean
04/30/2013 4:11 pm
CastleCorp
donde estas questiones?
04/30/2013 11:24 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Lol you said "Where are you, "questiones?"

I think you meant, ¿Dónde están las preguntas?
04/30/2013 8:20 am
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
Why do people forget things? Speaking theoretically, of course.
04/30/2013 10:49 am
CastleCorp
Well, in your brain, you store massive amounts of memories. These memories can consist of the most basic things, such as "Who am I?" or "what am I?" or they can also be things that are much more trivial (in the grand scheme of things), such as a telephone number, or a username/password combination. However, to fully answer your question, we must first understand how the human memory works.

There are three major parts of human memory:
1. How information moves throughout the brain.
2. How neuron networks store and later retrieve memories.
3. How the molecules in synapses change to create paths and patterns, and a memory.

Information starts of by coming into our brain through the nervous system (your senses [sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell]). If you think of a sense, for example, if you burned your hand, we can break it down into some more simple ideas. First, you touched something hot with your hand (burning it), which was sensed by the nerve endings in your hand. Those nerve endings transmitted a signal through the neuron transport network built into your body, and goes up to your brain, where neurons are fired, creating the sense of pain that you had when you burned yourself. When we have an experience like that (burning was not a good example, because you cannot remember pain), you, in a way, extract from the experience an "essence", which forms a generalized concept of the experience.

This data, is then stored (for only fractions of a second), in areas in the cortex. Some parts of the data then move into short-term memory, and most of it goes into long-term storage in the cortex, some even returning to the sensory cortex where it was originally received.

Long-term memory involves breaking down the data into basic things to establish a meaning, the memory is then stored and consolidated by associating with old memories (such as relating the taste of one food to another). Finally, we retrieve the memory by following some of the pointers that go to the meaning codes, which is why you immediately come up with associations. It's almost as if your memories were a google search. Imagine googling "Yummy cake". Going by key phrases, you would immediately think of "Yummy" = good = tasty (and so on), taking all of the memories from that section and combining it with "cake" = desert = icing = birthday (and so on). You can also think of a particular moment, as if combining the two phrases to find a scenario when both conditions are met, such as your birthday, when you really liked the cake. Therefore, "YummyCake" (combined) = birthday party = Mom made a good cake. This memory of the good tasting cake traces back through the paths that it originally took from your senses (taste, in this case), and you remember how good it tastes. Working backwards now, your taste glands are excited, and you want cake.

Another way to think about this is as if your brain is a computer, with RAM. You store memory in the RAM and recall it for later. You can also create strings of memory to make a consolidated output. In this case, RAM = neurons (taking in the input, firing a signal, and storing the data).

Now back to the original question:
Your brain depends on neurons for memory storage. I personally find it best to think in the same analogy as above, where your brain is a computer. The most basic (and important things ["Who am I?"]) are put into long term memory, as if they are the basic software of a computer. Other things that are most likely to be put into long-term memory are memories that caused you either pleasure, displeasure, or another feeling (pain, for example, is very strong). These things, sometimes traumatic experiences, are like the documents that you would save on your computer. They are memories that are either important to you, or in the case of pain, something that you did, causing you pain, and you learned from the pain (you won't do it again). If we think of the brain as the CPU-core, when we do other things (processes), we tax the CPU. So, if you are really stressed out, you might prioritize yourself and forget that big test tomorrow (the memory of your teacher assigning the test is stored in short-term memory). Also, as we age, we tend to lose neurons, which in turn, makes it impossible to trace back along the neuron paths, and therefore lose memory. This is also seen in dementia sufferers, but that's something for another time.

Key points:
[*]Memories (data) is inputted through the senses.
[*]Nerve network patterns store memories.
[*]Recalling memories is done through tracing back through these patterns.
[*]You prioritize your memories, and (especially stressed, for example), forget things stored in short-term memory.
[*]As you age, you lose neurons, and therefore paths, and cannot remember the senses you stored.

Hope this helped (it took me about an hour and a half), and was a lot of fun. Remember kids, pay attention in bio class!

Castle
04/30/2013 12:47 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
LiquidChildren1
I do not have /scoreboard on my server, how long do you think it will be until Beastnode resolves this?

And what is a god server protection plugin?
04/30/2013 8:19 am
CastleCorp
I'm not sure about the /scoreboard problem. Have you tried contacting them? They have a very good team of people who can help.

for server protection, coreprotect. I love this plugin! Also, logblock might be helpful. But really, coreprotect is the way to go.
04/29/2013 11:24 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ObviousTurtle
I really need a seed that has 36 gold and 3 diamonds for the pocket edition, do you know one? If so what's the seed.
04/30/2013 8:18 am
CastleCorp
No I don't, sorry. I'm also not sure if you can get a seed like that with such exact specifications.
04/29/2013 11:33 pm
Level 42 : Master Blockhead
Javi_San_Power
04/29/2013 11:06 pm
CastleCorp
Im going to go to bed in a few minutes, but please feel free to continue posting questions. I will be back responding to questions in the morning.
Thanks guys!
04/29/2013 10:43 pm
CastleCorp
[ForFreshPeople]Do u have a GF

Well, the short answer is it's complicated. I am hoping soon (she likes minecraft) but too early to tell. keep your fingers crossed!
04/29/2013 10:38 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
[ForFreshPeople]Do u have a GF

I think he does... He had that 200 reply "ask to Prom" thread
04/29/2013 10:37 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
[ForFreshPeople]
Do u have a GF
04/29/2013 10:29 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
When did AMAs start leaving reddit?
04/29/2013 10:34 pm
CastleCorp
I have seen a few on here before
04/29/2013 10:09 pm
-Kali-
What is the hardest thing in space to study?
04/29/2013 10:21 pm
CastleCorp
Space is infinite, and always growing. Also, it is physically impossible to imagine something unless you have the words to describe it. Now go writhe in agony.
04/29/2013 10:37 pm
-Kali-
Ok, lemme specify:

"What is the hardest thing in space to study that we know exists?"
04/29/2013 10:08 pm
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Daisy Rose
Okay, I'm standing in my server at this very moment. It won't let me post it on PMC. I have two tries left to post it. I did the right IP and Port? What is going on?
04/29/2013 10:19 pm
CastleCorp
It has been a while since I posted a server, but I believe that you have to do that verificaion thig with your MOTD. First off, double check the ip. Also, check that you have port forwarded correctly by having a friend connect. Also, you don't need to put the port at the end of the ip for pmc (i think).
Now onto the verification part. On the server post, there should be something (a long string of letters and numbers) which you are supposed to copy and past into the MOTD of your server. The MOTD of your server can be found in your server.properties folder. Shut down your server, change the MOTD, and then restart the server. When you go into the multiplayer menu, you should see the name of your server, followed by the long string underneath

Hope this helped.
Castle
04/29/2013 10:11 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
billybojo
You put in the MOTD code right?
04/29/2013 10:05 pm
billybojo
Why are the school systems in america that crap that they are?
04/30/2013 4:35 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
XxpjdjXx
it is mostly texas...
04/30/2013 12:59 am
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
Because us americans are idiots.
04/29/2013 10:12 pm
-Kali-
I'll answer this one. Some teachers' aren't actually THAT smart, so they either suck at teaching and explaining. The mayor of your town usually makes the school have a snow day/no school day, when the weather forecast "says" it's gonna have 3 ft. of snow, but there isn't.

Mainly it's just the judgement
04/29/2013 10:02 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Do you search all these questions on google?
(This is a serious question)
04/29/2013 10:01 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
Do you have any ambitions in your life? Any meaning to your existence?
04/29/2013 9:44 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Engineer
MyStoneAngels
If my friend and I made a map together and we post it on our walls is it okay?
04/29/2013 10:05 pm
CastleCorp
Well you cannot both post it, so here are my suggestions:
Who had the idea? They should post it.
Who did the most work on it? They should maybe post it.
Who is a higher level and will get more publicity? For XP they should post it.
Also, if you are planning on doing more work together, you might think about either sharing an account, or creating a joint account.

Thanks for the question, and I hope this helps.
Castle
04/29/2013 9:42 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
What is 0 divided by infinity?
04/30/2013 4:25 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Lofty12345
0 / 1 = 0
0 / 2 = 0
0 / 3 = 0
0 / Infinity = 0
04/30/2013 4:30 pm
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn
AnonymousBear
Wrong.

The answer is ±∞ Not 0.
04/30/2013 4:37 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Ninja
Xcano
04/30/2013 4:29 pm
CastleCorp
Truth. Anyone have a real question?
04/29/2013 10:01 pm
CastleCorp
I would appreciate it if you posted serious questions. Thanks
04/29/2013 9:41 pm
xRuthless
Damn Rawwk hahaha