home Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record General

Anime?

1 emerald62 replies1,411 views
created 04/30/2014 8:26 pm by StillCat
last reply 05/04/2014 3:35 am
Hi everyone,

I recently decided I would watch some anime. I really have no idea about it, but since my brother is a big fan of 'Attack On Titan', I've decided to watch it later on in the day so I could please him be entertained. I'm finding it difficult to understand what exactly is anime or what should I watch next, because I've been avoiding it for a long time in fear of some sort of horrific gore and whatnot.

If someone could help me decide what sort of anime I could watch, I'll give you a bit of notes on my personality.

- I'm more mature than a lot of people I guess (or at least my mentor says so).
- On a level of 1 to 10 horror I can take, I would say a measly 6-7. I'm not into a lot of scary stuff as I have trouble sleeping now and then.
- Like I said, I seriously have a blank mind on anime. If someone could start me off nice and easy, that would be cool too.
- I'm jokey, but I like to keep a lot of things to myself if I treasure them, so I may not share anime with my friends. Come to think of it, they're way too immature anyways so....yeah, no.
- I like a lot of genres, but I mainly stick to the more realistic or dramatic type of sorts. I'm one for action and all that.

So, yeah. If someone could help me decide, that'd be fantastic.
Posted by avatar
StillCat
Level 18 : Journeyman Pony

62 replies

05/04/2014 3:35 am
Level 1 New Miner
onlythebest187
Based of what i know of your interests you may like Bleach or maybe Soul Eater
This is a personal favorite along with bleach but i'm not sure you'll like it. Feel free to try it out. Its One Piece
05/03/2014 11:50 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Well, I've watched another 6 episodes of AOT and I've decided to set my wallpaper to a themed AOT one, so...WHOOO! This adrenaline is making me go nuts. I've got another long list of anime to go, but I'm making sure to watch every episode of the series before charging on. Thanks so much, guys!
05/02/2014 3:30 pm
Level 14 Journeyman Toast
CubeTurtle
I love "The Last Avatar" or the "Legend of Korra." Lots of action!
05/02/2014 3:14 pm
Level 46 Master Ninja
Samstrongman
Just a list of animes I enjoy
(Note for viewers: Don't oppose my opinion, it is my opinion so leave it be)

I go on the website below to watch anime since it's mobile compatible and can be watched on a computer, duh, but also it has a large variety of animes. Crunchyroll is good to, but it has ads you have to watch, and sometimes Crunchyroll might give you issues. I find kissanime has never given me an issue while I watched animes, it has some ads but you can hide them easily and it's not a forcing ad that makes you watch it or click it.

kissanime.com

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Mondaiji for short, translation is "Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they?
My Little Monster
A cute romance anime that is easily one of my favorites. It has comedy and drama in it and it's one anime that'll make you not forget it's name.
Fairy Tale
A Shounen anime (Shounen meaning a anime for teen boys with tons of action).
Attack On Titan
Shounen anime which is pretty epic. Has action and tons of drama that gives you chills.
Sword Art Online
This is also one of my top favorites, it has action and romance in it.
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
This ones deep... it cuts your feelings so much, it's really good but ends the viewers in tears. Also one of my favorites xD
Bleach
Shounen anime, pretty good anime. I'm currently in progress of watching it still. Has action, some comedy, drama, and epicness.
Mirai Nikki
.... Intense really. Has action, tons of drama, some freaky scenes, but overall it's pretty good.
Golden Time
An anime with a lot of drama that is associated with a love triangle. It can be a bit funny, but it's more romance and serious.
Blue Exorcist
Another Shounen anime. This anime was pretty good for me to watch, it has a mix of drama, comedy, and action in it. The anime ended me smiling.
Accel World
An epic romance fighting anime. Simply one of my top animes to watch. I enjoyed this one greatly.
Toradora
Well, this anime is extremely cute. It has a great story line and the comedy and drama was really well compacted into this anime. Left me smiling.
Soul Eater
This anime is one I am currently watching, and it's another Shounen anime with comedy and adventure in it. I found this anime was done quite good and I keep looking forward to watching more episodes in the future.

I'll add more to the list if any come to my mind.
05/02/2014 2:48 pm
Level 1 New Crafter
D4RK_PH30N1X_G4M1NG
Sword Art Online.
05/02/2014 6:42 am
Level 3 Apprentice Miner
Assassin_Kitten
u should try sword art online
plot:
Sword Art Online (SAO) is a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), released in 2022. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

basically that's just the beginning...
05/02/2014 7:25 pm
Level 54 Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
You should have at least added:

However, SAO's second half is the most horrible arc to ever exist in anime.

I also think (this is my opinion), that SAO's characters and story gets worse and worse as time went on.
05/02/2014 7:34 pm
Level 45 Master Lad
Siilan
I'm not sure what's more annoying. SAO fanboys or SAO haters.
But in all seriousness, the second arc of SAO WAS well below average and didn't really serve the later plot in any way (except a few, cool side stories). But geez, being a bit dramatic there? I like to stay open-minded about the anime I watch, so I'm not being biased. However, in terms of SAO's story, the best has yet to come. Take it from a guy who's read all the light novels
05/02/2014 7:28 pm
Level 36 Artisan Cake
CalPal_
Agreed. I marathoned it this week and just...
No.
05/02/2014 2:42 pm
Level 36 Artisan Cake
CalPal_
The second half is horrid.
05/02/2014 7:34 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
I haven't watched it but I heard the fans are annoying and that the show has no character development :/.
05/02/2014 4:28 am
Level 21 Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
If you mean to watch anime i know some websites you possibly could use. Pm me.

(I hope this is not called "Business Promotion" or anything like that. Also to the mods, i am just gonna tell him a major site where peeps watch anime.)
05/02/2014 3:23 am
Level 20 Expert Pokemon
MiningYoshiProPM
What about Pokemon? Its awesome But Unova sucked but X and Y is really good
05/02/2014 1:42 pm
Level 26 Expert Princess
Snowyfox
If you want to play that game, don't forget about the Digimon series too.
05/02/2014 3:16 am
Level 64 High Grandmaster Senpai
Dguy
"StillCat"Hi everyone,

I recently decided I would watch some anime. I really have no idea about it, but since my brother is a big fan of 'Attack On Titan', I've decided to watch it later on in the day so I could please him be entertained. I'm finding it difficult to understand what exactly is anime or what should I watch next, because I've been avoiding it for a long time in fear of some sort of horrific gore and whatnot.

If someone could help me decide what sort of anime I could watch, I'll give you a bit of notes on my personality.

- On a level of 1 to 10 horror I can take, I would say a measly 6-7. I'm not into a lot of scary stuff as I have trouble sleeping now and then.
- Like I said, I seriously have a blank mind on anime. If someone could start me off nice and easy, that would be cool too.
- I'm jokey, but I like to keep a lot of things to myself if I treasure them, so I may not share anime with my friends. Come to think of it, they're way too immature anyways so....yeah, no.
- I like a lot of genres, but I mainly stick to the more realistic or dramatic type of sorts. I'm one for action and all that.

Well, I'd say you should Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion (really weird name). It's pretty much the most passive-aggressive show ever, and was made in the 90's. It's deemed one of the greatest anime of all time, and has a long line of great movies after the initial show.
05/01/2014 11:28 pm
Level 9 Apprentice Miner
GOD-OF-STRIFE
hmmm I see what you mean anime is a tricky thing first I would ask what r your tastes for example do you like school based anime? with mini skirts romance and comedy do you like gore horror like another or death note or do you like fantasy and action like naruto once you know this it depends on what you like as mini genres since you don't probly understand Japanese culture I would recommend fantasy and since you might not understand there language use funimation animation as your main provider they do good dubs so you can get use too the style
05/01/2014 10:26 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
-Kali-
Found some cool new anime:
-The Irregular at Magic Highschool
-Black Bullet
-Magi
-Brynhildr in the Darkness
05/01/2014 10:29 pm
Level 19 Journeyman Toast
TheAverageHero
The only one that's finished out of those is Magi, though.

But you can read the manga for Black Bullet...
05/01/2014 10:35 pm
Level 24 Expert Network
-Kali-
They're not finished, but they're good :3
05/01/2014 10:23 pm
Level 27 Expert Toast
CleverUserName01
Uhhhh, ,we have an anime club and we could tell you some goodones if you just come to our club.
link is the pic in my sig.
05/01/2014 10:26 pm
AnimeFanFTW
hehe, nice advertisement. xD
05/01/2014 11:09 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Haha, I'll be sure to check it out.

Finished watching Episode 6 of Attack On Titan. I seriously am dying to see Mikasa's reaction when she finds out...
05/01/2014 10:16 pm
Level 44 Master Answer
Refined_Malachite
I'll name some really good ones and some OK ones. (Well good IMO).

Click to reveal
List:
Fairy Tail - Fighting, no gore, kinda cheesy, but good.
Steins;gate - Lil scary at times, a sci-fi thriller.
FMA: Brotherhood - fairly gorey/scary (choose to watch or not, much like attack on titan). Awesome plot, pretty cool.
Angel Beats - not scary, just feely, no too much gore.
One Piece (OK) - awesome, cheesy at times, pretty good
ToraDora - no gore, romancey thing, funny
Durarara - slightly scary, slight gore, awesome
Clannad (OK) - no gore, feely, romancey, meh
K-On! - No gore, no real feels, humorous and light.

That should get ya goin.
05/01/2014 10:10 pm
Level 19 Journeyman Toast
TheAverageHero
Here's some great anime. My favorite anime genres are action, comedy, and romance, so that's pretty much what's in here. Note that most of these are based off of manga.

Noragami - "A minor god who doesn't receive any attention tries doing odd jobs to earn respect!" Plus, it has a sick-ass opening theme! Action, Adventure, Thriller, Comedy, Semi-Romance

Cowboy Bebop - "Enter a world in the distant future, where Bounty Hunters roam the solar system. Spike and Jet, bounty hunting partners, set out on journeys in an ever struggling effort to win bounty rewards to survive." If you're looking for a gritty sci-fi with tons of badasses, this is your top pick. (It's about 15 years old but it's aged well.) Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama

Soul Eater - "Set in the Shinigami technical school for weapon meisters, the series revolves around 3 groups of each a weapon meister and a human weapon. Trying to make the latter a "Death Scythe" which is the highest title for a weapon and thus fit for use by the Shinigami, they must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and 1 witch." More amazing soundtracks, but a little dark if you're into that kind of stuff. (Not R-rated, mind you.) Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Supernatural

Durarara!! - " In Tokyo's downtown district of Ikebukuro, amidst many strange rumors and warnings of anonymous gangs and dangerous occupants, one urban legend stands out above the rest—the existence of a headless "Black Rider" who is said to be seen driving a jet-black motorcycle through the city streets." It doesn't make sense at first, and won't until around the fifth episode or so, if you have the patience. One of the best plots in an anime ever. Mystery, Action, Supernatural

The World God Only Knows (All three seasons) - "Keima is a dating sim champion. Cute girls are rendered powerless by his irresistible game playing techniques. Too bad things aren't that way in the real world. That is, until his tempting game playing causes a real live—and very bubbly-cute—demon hunter named Elsie to materialize! Now Elsie wants Keima to help her free hot girls from sneaky demons who secretly possess them. " If the plot sounds stupid, watch it anyway. This is seriously my favorite anime. Harem, Comedy, Romance, Supernatural

Hunter x Hunter(2011 version) - " A Hunter is one who travels the world doing all sorts of dangerous tasks. From capturing criminals to searching deep within uncharted lands for any lost treasures. Gon is a young boy whose father disappeared long ago, being a Hunter. He believes if he could also follow his father's path, he could one day reunite with him. After becoming 12, Gon leaves his home and takes on the task of entering the Hunter exam, notorious for its low success rate and high probability of death to become an official Hunter." This is the best action series ever. Watch it. No, really. It has 120 episodes and counting, though... Action, Adventure, Super Powers

Nisekoi - "Raku Ichijou is an average high school student. He also happens to be the sole heir to the head of a Yakuza Family called the Shuei-gumi. Ten years ago, Raku made a promise... a secret promise with a girl he met. They promised one another that they will "get married when they reunite". Since then, Raku never let go of the pendant the girl gave him." It's not even finished, but I read the manga and I love it. Yes, it's a harem. Yes, it's silly. Yes, I love it. (Onodera ftw)
Romance, Harem, Comedy, Drama

I'll add more later, this took forever to type.
05/01/2014 9:45 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Wow, I didn't expect to find so many answers. Anyways, after watching 2 episodes, I've acquired a fever and a bad dream. I'm now free to browse each episode until my brother comes back from school!

Also - Crunchyroll doesn't permit watching in my country (which is around China), so I'm using 'aotwatch.blogspot' to fulfil my Attack On Titan needs.
05/01/2014 9:54 pm
Level 26 Expert Princess
Snowyfox
(1) Crunchyroll has locality blocks...?
(2) "Around China"? What do you mean?
05/01/2014 10:03 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Pony
StillCat
1 - More specifically, it says this: 'Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region'.

2 - Well, let's just say in the south part of China.
05/01/2014 7:08 pm
Level 53 Grandmaster Meme
TheViridian
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki. Especially Howard's Moving Castle.
05/01/2014 7:00 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Explorer
TheAverageOtaku
20 recommended anime to watch. (list is not in any order its just mixed up with single titles and maybe some series or certain producers to watch.)
20: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (incredibly stupid but stupidly good)
19: Jojos bizzare adventure! (like gurren lagann, incredibly stupid but stupidly good...)
18: Black Lagoon
17: Baccano!
16: Attack on titan. (probably the most hyped anime in the past few years....)
15: Log horizon. (takes place in a video game which threw me off a little but this one was really good and it defiantly deserved more hype than ahem.... Sword art online.....)
14: Anything by studio Ghibli
13: Kara no Kyōkai movies
12: Soul eater (Finally a shonen without fatty filler and a ridiculous amount of episodes.)
11: clannad/clannad after story
10: Anohana
9: Cowboy bepop
8: Neon genesis evangelion/the end of evangelion
7: code geass (i would choose code geass instead of death note cause death notes ending was disappointing for me.
6: Ghost in the shell .(Fun fact did you know ghost in the shell inspired the story of the matrix?)
5: Akira (easily the most influential anime movie ever released in the west)
4: gankutsuou (Amazing visuals and story defiantly)
3: Anything by Mamoru hosoda (Wolf children, Summer wars, Girl who lept through time.)
2: Steins;gate (a bit slow at first but defiantly picks up and becomes an amazing sci fi thriller.)
1: Berserk movies. (Warning these movies are VERY gruesome but are awesome dark stories that are defiantly worth your time.
05/01/2014 6:26 pm
Level 52 Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
This is becoming a "post your favorite anime" thread
05/01/2014 6:33 pm
Level 22 Expert Nerd
Amsarian
If it's that type of thread, I recommend that OP watches Sailor Moon.

... I haven't watched an anime since 2006
05/01/2014 9:51 am
Level 72 Legendary Pixel Painter
AudioOwl
I you want a good started anime, I would suggest RWBY. It doesn't have any language, or blood, but it does have a good deal of violence in it. The main things that make this different from other anime's is that it's actually 3d, and a web show
05/01/2014 7:10 pm
AnimeFanFTW
woo, RoosterTeeth. xD
05/01/2014 12:02 pm
Level 26 Expert Princess
Snowyfox
You mean it is in English. There is a language in it.

*EDIT* Unless you meant bad language, then yes, no offensive speech in RWBY. And yeah, I like how the gore and blood are just black things, but I still don't like looking at werewolves being cut in half from their...
05/01/2014 8:58 am
Level 12 Journeyman Network
ibo02
See Bleach, it is fun and really good.
05/01/2014 8:52 am
Level 54 Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and Azymanga Daioh are amazing and I highly recommend them

Also SNK is Attack on Titan, just with the Japanese name. Now it's rated R because of the blood, I know a lot of kids in middle school who are big fans of the anime and if you can get past the part where all your favorite characters die then it's a great show.

Hetalia is a nice blend of mature and immature comedy. Basically it's one big parody of WW2 but they stay away from the actual fighting altogether. This is possible because people are personified as countries and they're HUGE stereotypes of each country. Lots of people may disagree with me but if you like South Park than you might like Hetalia. It's rated M because of it's adult humor, but like I've said a lot of kids still watch it and get the jokes.

Must Watch: Dangan Ronpa 15 16 Students forced to "do away" with someone and get away with it. If the person is caught then they are the ones are being "done away with". It narrows down and has a bunch of plot twists and the kids have to find the mastermind. Since it has so many spoilers and I was spoiled on who the mastermind was I suggest not searching any of the characters or even the title of the anime on google images //
05/01/2014 8:41 am
Level 18 Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Naruto I do know a bit, but..ehehe...Fairy Tail...? One Piece? >.>

By the way, I just watched the first 2 episodes of Attack On Titan. I LOVED IT, but now I won't be able to sleep imagining that giant's f***ing face. THAT. F***ING. SMILE.
05/01/2014 7:48 am
Level 21 Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
How did i forget to mention Guilty Crown (Amazing anime but has mechas and a really sad ending)(But the main character is just so badass at one point)

How did i also forget Shiki (Pretty decent anime in the beginning but gets kinda gory after a while ( I really don't recommend it to younger watchers))

I forgot a little to many animes didn't i?

Baka to test to shoukanjoo, k-on, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (My favorite romance anime of all time), Angel Beats (Amazing), B Gata H Key (Super Echii), Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, Kokoro Connect (One of the saddest anime i have ever seen), High School DXD (Echii), High school of the dead, Air Gear, Ao no Exorcist (My favorite of action anime), Amagami SS, Amagami SS plus, Code: Breaker, Claymore, Code Geass, Btooom!, Bleach, 11eyes, Beelzebub, Ben-To, Clannad After Story, Fate Zero

Thats about the anime i have seen the past few months.

-NetworkPCE ( I hope there are some you haven't seen)
05/01/2014 7:45 am
Level 21 Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Well i have some nice anime for you to watch.

Hetalia (Comedy with 4 seasons. The animes 2 first seasons are made towards WW2 but in a funny perspective) OBS: Countries are characters

Clannad (Extremely heart breaking anime. It is around a high school boy that meets a high school girl that i 1 year older than him.) OBS: A very romantic and amazing anime.

Another (A lot of gore and is pretty creepy. This is a horror anime so don't worry about that. It'll get you on horror thoughts.) OBS: Includes blood and deaths of important characters.

Well obviously you know Naruto, Fairy Tail and One piece.

A certain scientific railgun (Good anime centered around a girl in a city called "Academy City". In the anime people have a thing called "Esper" powers.)

A certain magical index (Amazing anime which is the front story of A certain scientific railgun. It centers around a boy named Touma in Academy City that meets a young girl from the english church on his balcony.)

Thats not to many animes but just ask me if you need more. I could keep doing this for days xD
05/01/2014 7:36 am
Level 18 Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Thanks everyone so much, especially Snowyfox! I'm having a blast watching the first episode of Attack On Titan, it's amazing. Although it is sort of gore-y, I've learned that this will be how anime is now, so I'll keep on trying to accept this new atmosphere. Thanks again guys!
04/30/2014 9:24 pm
Level 36 Artisan Cake
CalPal_
Crunchyroll doesn't just claim to be legal, they are
04/30/2014 9:20 pm
Level 26 Expert Princess
Snowyfox
You sound quite similar to a person I had in my server. :3

At any case, Anime (アニメ / 动画) is short for "animation". As AnimeFanFTW has said, it is similar to cartoons in the Western world. Although they generally are SUPPOSED to mean the same thing, they've gone different both literally and in modern terms because;

(1) When people say "anime", they usually refer to animation made in Japan or any animated work with a similar "style" (Yes, almost all anime share some sort of...look). When they say "cartoon", there's an almost 0% chance they are talking about the ones in Asian countries, unless they are speaking English and are from aforementioned Asian countries (because to them, they ARE cartoons).

(2) As of late, many cartoons are moving on to other technologies instead of hand-written drawings, such as those with full-CGI 3D graphics; anime will never be composed entirely of these (although it's perfectly normal to see a little CGI and fancy 3D mecha once in a while) because that violates the definition of the term itself. Well, sort of; technically all kinds of filming are animations as well if you put it that way.

I won't give any suggestions because the others have already given great ones (although since I hate a lot of mainstream things, I'd always ask you to avoid from ANY anime that are mainstream (e.g. entire Naruto series, entire Bleach series, entire Dragonball series because those are literally the only things boys at my school know how to watch, and they love watching it in English dubs, so essentially all those 3 series have been fully Westernized and thus have a bad image for me), but I don't mind you watching Attack on Titan, Log Horizon and Sword Art Online).

If you're looking for places to watch it, technically the legal way is to watch it in TV or buy/rent them, but there are a whole lot of different places to watch them online. I can't really tell if they're legal or not, but so far literally nobody complains about these sites, so I'm guessing they got some agreement with the anime companies. Right now while I'm slowly going back to watching anime, I'm using Crunchyroll as my main viewing site along with my brother, even though I kinda had a grudge at it before because I thought it was mainstream too. It's quite good now that I've used it though, and they're all subbed in multiple languages, so that's a plus side that keeps me on their side. So if you're looking for a site, maybe check out Crunchyroll; a lot of things are nice and organized there, and they claim to be fully legal.

Of course, feel free to watch in any other site, or any other way you wish. All are good; what you should be concerned about is what you watch.

ALSO BEWARE, ANIME ARE JAPANESE CREATIONS. It isn't a gigantic deal but do not expect them to be the same as cartoons; most rules and things associated with cartoons are broken in anime (e.g. much more...mature content (due to Japan's general disinterest in content ratings throughout several centuries of history), much more violence, much more seriousness, much more jargon and things you have to learn (e.g. patterns) to fully enjoy anime for what they are).

TL;DR Ignore what Snowyfox said, he has a habit of making things long and making things sound scary. Anime are not cartoons, so go ahead, have fun and explore a new world.

*EDIT* My suggestions? When I came back to watching anime a few months ago, the first thing I tried was Nagi No Asukara (凪のあすから). After that, I went to Nyaruko-san: A Crawling Chaos (這いよれ!ニャル子ーさん). Now I'm triple watching Natsume No Yuujinchou (夏目の友人帳), One Week Friends (一週間フレンズ) and HENNEKO - The -snip- Prince and the Stony Cat (no Japanese name) (-snipped- because even though the word that's there is completely harmless in the Japanese language and in the anime, the word used by itself wouldn't be acceptable language on this site; you can type the entire thing without the -snip- and you'll find it).
04/30/2014 9:10 pm
Level 30 Artisan Artist
Zoundrev
Angelbeats hits home, some parts can be tough to watch.
04/30/2014 9:07 pm
Level 51 Grandmaster Network
Crafty
DANGAN RONPA. It's only 13 episodes, and will leave you in tears.
04/30/2014 9:11 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I didn't cry when I watched Dangan Ronpa. .-.
05/01/2014 8:04 am
Level 21 Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Also it's manly to cry while watching anime.
04/30/2014 9:13 pm
Level 5 Apprentice Network
gnribnginburinburfu
Me neither, but I still really enjoyed the series XD
04/30/2014 8:58 pm
McJackson3180
"StillCat"
"McJackson3180"
"StillCat"Hi everyone,

You'll enjoy SNK, don't worry.. Also you should watch.. realistic?

Mmmm....realistic as in...I can't even tell anymore, haha.

I don't know of many realistic animes... (daily lives of high school boys)
But if you like action and kind of realistic kinda kinda not though than baccano! It has a bunch of action and a lot of characters that are easy to like.(The first 3 episodes of baccano are extremely boring and hard to get through)
04/30/2014 8:55 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Pony
StillCat
"McJackson3180"
"StillCat"Hi everyone,

Mmmm....realistic as in...I can't even tell anymore, haha.
04/30/2014 8:54 pm
McJackson3180
"StillCat"Hi everyone,

04/30/2014 8:53 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Anime is basically cartoons in Japan. Most animes are in Japanese only, but a few are also in English.

As for what anime you should watch, it depends on what genre you like. Since you like action:
Then Gurren Lagann, Black Rock Shooter or Soul Eater would be good.

I also reccomend these anime:
If you like comedy, then Azumanga Daioh, Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai or Squid Girl will make you laugh.
If you like sad stuff, then Clannad, Clannad After Story and Angel Beats will make you cry.
If you like Slice of Life, then K-On and The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is great.

Also, if you're afraid of going into an anime, expecting gore and/or adult stuff, just do some research on the anime, and find out if it is safe for you to watch or not.

As for "subbing" and "dubbing", Subbing basically means "Japanese with English Subtitles". Dubbing is basically English with no subtitles.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome