Anyone else get a Ms. Mariam Ture PM lately?

LostKingpin's Avatar LostKingpin8/23/11 12:36 pm
1 emeralds 179 4
8/23/2011 4:53 pm
SoulStealer's Avatar SoulStealer
So i go to check my email like most folks do for their morning ritual. And hey i have a message waiting for me on PlanetMinecraft.com. I assume its a comment about the mods i host on this fantastic site. But no.....

Turns out to be a PM from someone who goes by the username mariam55. So i do a quick google search of her name after reading the outlandish story she has presented to me. IT IS A SCAM. If you have received a PM from this person, its obvious it is a scam, but i wanted to check anyway. Below is a the body of the text. Just BEWARE. It is quite comical how blatantly obvious this letter is not on the up and up.

My Dear,

It is my pleasure to write you, i decided to contact you to help me out of my problem, however is not mandatory nor will i in any manner compel you to honour against your will,but first Iet me introduce myself to you.
My name is Ms. Mariam Ture, Am 21 years of age, I am a student of high school before I lost my parents in a car accident last year, so I have been out from school and been looking for a sincere person that I will trust and love.

I am the only child of my late parents and that has made me to run away from our family house because my uncles are after my life to take away my inheritance which my late father left for me in a Bank here in Cote D'ivoire. My entire dream is to find somebody that I can trust with my future life and inheritance and also who will be able to invest it wisely in any lucrative business.
Nobody knows about the inheritance which worth $7.5 million dollars in Cash deposited in a Bank here with my name as the next of kin. And I want you to also keep it very confidential till we can be able to transfer this money from the Bank here to your country and I will fly to join you immediately for future plans of continue my education once a join you in your country.
I have to trust somebody to save my future and that is why I am trusting you now I want you to understand my critical situation and give me your maximum assistance that I need, so that I will have a better life and also enjoy my inheritance with you. I will tell you more about myself as soon as I hear back from you, your interest to assist me and also build more trust to be able to have a better understanding. Please reply through my private email for my security reason
( mariam.ture03@yahoo.fr )

Best regard
Ms. Mariam Ture

I am curious as to the amount of people who have gotten this same message in their InBoxes.

Sorry but i have to advertise my projects. Looking for some new mobs to populate your favorite map in Minecraft? Check out my work. http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/lostkingpin/

-LK
LostKingpin
Level 52 : Grandmaster Modder