Anyone else mad about Google Plus taking over Youtube?

AlexSMDD's Avatar AlexSMDD12/6/13 1:57 pm
12/7/2013 4:49 am
Ninniy's Avatar Ninniy
I enjoy Google, I use Chrome G-Mail and always use Google to search.
Now that they own Youtube though they are pushing the new Google Plus on to everyone. When you refuse to use Google Plus is automatically makes another youtube profile under Google Plus with the same name. I really hate it.
I have had a youtube account for a long time and I loved the old way that it used to be. Easy to check your inbox and change the layout of the channel.
Now there is an all new layout and you have to check your notifications through Google Plus.
If any of you are appose to this I'd like to know why to.
Also if you know how to get rid of Google Plus on youtube please tell me!
AlexSMDD
Level 24 : Expert Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/07/2013 4:49 am
Level 45 : Master Dragonborn
Ninniy
Google needs to get over Google+. All I have to say.
12/06/2013 5:25 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
piggyswilldie
While i dont like it... The little bobs with guns are even more annoying....
12/06/2013 5:21 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
My view is that it's a free service, and they even pay people to use it, so if people are going to complain that much, they could always just shut it down.
12/06/2013 5:19 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
bloxParadise_
I don't really care as long as I can comment.
12/06/2013 5:11 pm
Level 43 : Master Network
colorfulchew
It does make me sad that Google bought YouTube. Google, for better or worse, innovates in the weirdest ways. Their engineers are permitted to do pet projects that are awesome, go type "zerg rush" into Google just as a small example. But they lack expertise in building ecosystems. This G+ and YouTube should never have been integrated, as they serve two very different purposes. However, due to their desire to build up G+ and get people using it, they decided to smash the boundaries between the two, and act like nothing happened. It's not like their fans haven't been vocal enough about it. Which brings me back to my point, Google should never have bought YouTube. Their expertise lies in making a systems run fast, and get you results. They have consistently failed at creating a social ecosystem, they don't understand what it means to build community. Just my thoughts .
12/06/2013 5:08 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Star
I don't really mind the new commenting system, but the thing that really gets on my nerves are those people who spam those "Help Bob get the old Youtube back," with his army of tanks and whatnot.
12/06/2013 4:47 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
stand aside people I'm taking over google
12/06/2013 4:46 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
WhimsicalTuber17
Who cares, you don't have to use Google Plus to use YouTube, get over it and stop complaining about it.
12/06/2013 4:44 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Demolitionist
KawaiiMiku
I refuse to use Google +, it's pointless, and I hate social networking anyway (with the exception of PMC of course). If it means I can't make a YouTube account, then so be it. I was just about to show some of my MikuMikuDance and Vocaloid creations, but now you have to have Google +. You can never see the old top comments, it's always 'hey guys check this out +[name]'. or 'oh hey +[name] how have you been?'
yeah.
it sucks.
and even if I did try to disconnect, it would not let me see or post comments.
that kinda takes half the fun out of YouTube.
12/06/2013 4:41 pm
Level 25 : Expert Toast
Shadow_Anndroid
i don't like commenting anyways.
12/06/2013 4:38 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
_Shako
If you ask me, I just think that the people at Google have no idea what they are doing. With Facebook so popular, they should have realized in the first place that a new social media site was just not going to be popular; or maybe they did realize it, and that is why they have practically forced everyone to get an account (so basically, they are cheating for popularity). In addition, the user interface of Google+ is nearly twice as confusing as that of Facebook, which is quite bad.

I also would like to point out the fact that Google has owned YouTube since 2006.
12/06/2013 4:35 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Technomancer
BNKookie
Yep, I am. Really annoying. When I disconnect my account from it, I can't post comments and it pops up saying update your profile 24/7.
12/06/2013 4:25 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Miner
Province
AlexSMDDI enjoy Google, I use Chrome G-Mail and always use Google to search.
Now that they own Youtube though they are pushing the new Google Plus on to everyone. When you refuse to use Google Plus is automatically makes another youtube profile under Google Plus with the same name. I really hate it.
I have had a youtube account for a long time and I loved the old way that it used to be. Easy to check your inbox and change the layout of the channel.
Now there is an all new layout and you have to check your notifications through Google Plus.
If any of you are appose to this I'd like to know why to.
Also if you know how to get rid of Google Plus on youtube please tell me!

You don't have to switch you know. I've been using my actual Youtube username since they brought Google+ integration.

mcrocks999RAGE WARNING!!!!!!!!

I FREAKING HATE THE NEW GOOGLE PLUS COMMENT SYSTEM!! I NEVER SEE THE LATEST COMMENTS OR THE AUTHORS COMMENTS OR EVEN THE TOP COMMENTS!!! I USED TO LOVE GOING INTO COMMENT CHAINS NOW THEY RUINED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THE COMMENT SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for listening,
MinecraftRocks999

Don't you think you're a little too young to be on YouTube?
12/06/2013 3:36 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
RAGE WARNING!!!!!!!!

I FREAKING HATE THE NEW GOOGLE PLUS COMMENT SYSTEM!! I NEVER SEE THE LATEST COMMENTS OR THE AUTHORS COMMENTS OR EVEN THE TOP COMMENTS!!! I USED TO LOVE GOING INTO COMMENT CHAINS NOW THEY RUINED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THE COMMENT SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for listening,
MinecraftRocks999
12/06/2013 3:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Farmer
busybusybee72
I HATE the new comment layout! I don't have a YouTube account, but I go on there very frequently, and I just wish Google would realize YT was MUCH better without them!
12/06/2013 3:16 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
I dont like it because of the screamer going around
12/06/2013 5:21 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
WhalesAreSwag
I feel bad for that now. thought it was funny but didn't realize I was hurting people, But damn don't click links on youtube. Damn
12/06/2013 5:48 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
Ahhh I made the mistake of clicking one automatically closed it
12/06/2013 2:44 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
geekgrl5000
OMAIGAWD YES!! Google was just trying to be cool when they created Google+. But no one actually uses it that much! It's already been stated that they only have so many users because they were forced to get one. What I find stupid is that it creates an entire new Google+ page, even if you already have one. And they keep asking me if I want to use my real name on Youtube! Do they not REALIZE that some people actually care about maintaining privacy online?!

Well, that's my rant.
12/06/2013 2:32 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
no, i'm not on youtube, i hate the 1,000,000,000+ little kids on it that make bad videos about minecraft and idolize Skydoesminecraft. I am not on youtube, i do not believe i will ever be on youtube. I am on Google+, it wasn't bad, besides the fact that no one was ever on it. Its not bad, its just not popular
12/06/2013 2:07 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel
google plus is not the problem and it will not go away untill google itself dies out
the problem is that the youtube devs are utterly incapable of adding and fixxing the features required to keep the site alive/working

the abo system ahs been broken for over a year now and its only getting worse
12/06/2013 2:05 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
ClaxCat
I'm sure Google Plus will disappear someday. Nobody likes it and it's completely useless and a waste of time. It's just a matter of time before google realises that you can't just force people to use a social media website. Sure, Google plus almost has as many members as Facebook. But only a small percentage of them accually uses it.
12/06/2013 2:06 pm
AlexSMDD
I hope it does go away. It only has that many members because they have been forced to use it.
12/06/2013 2:09 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
ClaxCat
Yup
12/06/2013 2:02 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Ninja
BHIles
Under youtube settings you are able to disconect yourn google+ account.
12/06/2013 2:34 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger
Shasta01
Why do that when you can just complain about it?
And complain, and complain, and complain...
12/06/2013 2:03 pm
AlexSMDD
When you try to do that it brings you right to the Google Plus settings.
12/06/2013 2:18 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Ninja
BHIles
Search is on youtube.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome