Anyone losing faith in America?

Kpfs's Avatar Kpfs4/28/15 9:55 pm
1 emeralds 1.8k 114
4/30/2015 10:40 pm
Ash's Avatar Ash
Anyone losing faith for America like is it starting to suck? for me yes yes it is... Well time to start packing to move to poland

Anyone losing faith for America like is it starting to suck? for me yes yes it is... Well time to start packing to move to poland

Why Poland?

Poland... Why Poland? Of all European countries, you choose Poland?

I got citizenship there because my parents were born there i have family there a lot of nice cities Krakow and Warsaw.
Kpfs
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/30/2015 10:40 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
I'm going ahead and locking this. People still managed to turn it into a political debate. Sigh.
04/30/2015 8:38 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior
ValleyDew
I lost faith in humanity, not 'murica.

Because reasons and FREAKING APPLE WATCH!! WITH GOLD!!! Over flippin' $10,000 for a gold casing. Apple is dying YES!!!,, but yea also isis and all that junk, but we're humans.
04/30/2015 9:46 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
They sell it for that much because they know people with money (and heck, people who don't have that kind of money) will buy it for that much. It's called smart business.
04/30/2015 9:07 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
You're one of the reasons that many lose faith in America lmao
04/30/2015 8:55 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Wholesome_Thomas
Luxury goods are the thing that makes you faith in humanity?
04/30/2015 7:33 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
hahahahaha losing faith in america, never! i lost faith in humanity all together

EDIT: anyways i like old america cuz... its awesome... this isn't america anymore
EDIt 2: and all of this has to do with humanity getting stupider by the second not america's fault

only reason i think america is going to fall is a few candidates for the next president....
*hits head on wall over and over again*
04/30/2015 7:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
xxtechmoxx
LOL this isnt happening oh no it is
04/30/2015 7:24 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
xxtechmoxx
04/30/2015 7:20 pm
OfficiallBlox
Lol go to the middle east and then tell me if you hate America.
04/30/2015 7:23 pm
Wholesome_Thomas
Worse things don't magically transform bad things into good things.
04/30/2015 9:09 pm
OfficiallBlox
Then don't consider something bad when in relativity to other countries, it is actually really good.
04/30/2015 9:20 pm
Wholesome_Thomas
"America is good if you compare it to other nations!"

"America is good, don't compare it to other nations!"

lol, yeah whatever.
04/30/2015 7:15 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Cake
ntbol
Um...
America is a great country. You don't appreciate it until you leave for a while. We may have issues but so does every other country. Be happy at where you are, many people would do anything to become an American.
04/30/2015 6:35 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
B-But what's wrong with US? Nothing bad happened to you...
04/30/2015 6:29 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince
sssilver
nammerbomamerica has far larger issues than the ones you've pointed out, not to mention that almost all other countries in the world are dealing with similar or equally troubling issues right now. Shit happens - deal with it.

^ this
04/30/2015 6:27 pm
Wholesome_Thomas
Knight
thenubslayer2000
They had conflicting ideologies of religion

They were control rivals, actually. Each of them wanted the other's extended regions (Canada and the East Coast pre-America, Canada and various regions globally afterwards).

EDIT: Protestant and Catholic wars were resolved nearly 200 years earlier, if that's what you're referring to. The 100 year war, as I recall.

Also, the US and the USSR were incredibly tense towards each other because of their economic setup, not because of their military garrisons. The nuclear missiles and munitions were an effect of that hostility, not a cause.

It doesn't really effect my claim that America isn't capitalist, though. Sure, we didn't like them because they were totalitarian, and they didn't like us because we weren't.
04/30/2015 6:22 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
thenubslayer2000

They were control rivals, actually. Each of them wanted the other's extended regions (Canada and the East Coast pre-America, Canada and various regions globally afterwards).

EDIT: Protestant and Catholic wars were resolved nearly 200 years earlier, if that's what you're referring to. The 100 year war, as I recall.

Also, the US and the USSR were incredibly tense towards each other because of their economic setup, not because of their military garrisons. The nuclear missiles and munitions were an effect of that hostility, not a cause.
04/30/2015 5:38 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate
LCD75
In a way, I just dislike how a lot of our systems are outdated and biased AF, and those which aren't are severely corrupt.

DialgaYes America does suck. UK isn't much better, except we have politicians who are easy to make fun of. Japan is god like though, they made: Everything Nintendo, Everything Sega, anime, manga, sushi, what more could you want?

Pretty sure Japan's political system is just as messed up as ours, and you can get that stuff in practically any "Western" nation, Europe would probably be what you're looking for.
04/30/2015 4:37 pm
Level 45 : Master Dragonborn
Ninniy
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... a_do_best/

Go there and restore your patriotism.
04/30/2015 4:30 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Firecycle
I mean why do you think there was a rivalry between the US and communists? Their ideologies were totally conflicting and they didn't like that the other was a threat.

And by absolutely no means are we communist either. Unless you're Chinese or North Korean, which isn't real communism.

England, France and Spain were rivals in the 1600-1700's and there weren't huge differences in their forms of government. There's other motivations besides ideology.

04/30/2015 4:27 pm
Wholesome_Thomas
I mean why do you think there was a rivalry between the US and communists? Their ideologies were totally conflicting and they didn't like that the other was a threat.

And by absolutely no means are we communist either. Unless you're Chinese or North Korean, which isn't real communism.

England, France and Spain were rivals in the 1600-1700's and there weren't huge differences in their forms of government. There's other motivations besides ideology.
04/30/2015 4:23 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
Killertoad
nammerbom
Killertoad
Our debt is still going higher(that's expected, debt isn't always a bad thing, almost every country is in debt, and has been for ever. It's just how they work.), but it's not going as high as Bush made it go up.

On September 30th, 2000 the national debt was $5,674,178,209,886.86
On September 30th, 2008 the national debt was $10,024,724,896,912.49
On September 30th, 2014 the national debt was $17,824,071,380,733.82

The debt has risen more while Obama has been in office than when Bush was in office, and Obama hasnt even been in office as long as Bush had.

Research more about debt before you make claims about it.

Are you factoring in inflation?

Inflation has never been high or low enough to make differences in trillions of dollars.
04/30/2015 4:16 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
Yes America does suck. UK isn't much better, except we have politicians who are easy to make fun of. Japan is god like though, they made: Everything Nintendo, Everything Sega, anime, manga, sushi, what more could you want?
04/30/2015 4:35 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Network
MissMarifire
There's more to Japan than just pop culture. Factor in their history and national laws; they're pretty up near our equal.

Anyway, tone it down guys. This thread's getting a little flame-y and it may be locked in the near future.
04/30/2015 4:09 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
nammerbom
Killertoad
Our debt is still going higher(that's expected, debt isn't always a bad thing, almost every country is in debt, and has been for ever. It's just how they work.), but it's not going as high as Bush made it go up.

The debt has risen more while Obama has been in office than when Bush was in office, and Obama hasnt even been in office as long as Bush had.

Are you factoring in inflation?
04/30/2015 3:23 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
xXCrAcKiNpNuTXx
Yes yes I have, if Hilary gets elected I'm seriously considering moving to London at age 14 :l, cause Obama was soooo good and all his 'change' really effected america
04/30/2015 3:41 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Princess
mitten1717
If she doesn't get elected people will cry out feminism, besides my guess...she's going to be elected just because she will be the 1st female president "so start packing"
04/30/2015 3:48 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
xXCrAcKiNpNuTXx
Exactly, why can't we have Sarah Palin as the first female president? heck even Beyoncé would be better than Hilary. Hopefully I'd have saved up enough money by election day
04/30/2015 3:07 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Firecycle
thenubslayer2000
Firecycle

Technical definition: Private ownership of the means of production.

General definition: A system of individuals trading with each other freely.

America has neither of these things.

It certainly has a capitalist economic system. Why'd you think the US was so fearful of the Communists in the cold war?

Because they had nuclear weapons and a willingness to use them on us?

I don't think we live in a Communist society either, if that's what you're getting at.

04/30/2015 2:04 pm
Wholesome_Thomas
thenubslayer2000
Firecycle

It certainly has a capitalist economic system. Why'd you think the US was so fearful of the Communists in the cold war?

Because they had nuclear weapons and a willingness to use them on us?

I don't think we live in a Communist society either, if that's what you're getting at.
04/30/2015 1:56 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Firecycle

04/30/2015 1:45 pm
Wholesome_Thomas
thenubslayer2000
Firecycle
thenubslayer2000
I hope to god that was a joke and that you know capitalism in the USA is a democracy...

It may be democracy, but it sure isn't capitalism.

It is. Do you know what capitalism is?

04/30/2015 12:58 pm
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Firecycle
thenubslayer2000
I hope to god that was a joke and that you know capitalism in the USA is a democracy...

It is. Do you know what capitalism is?
04/30/2015 12:40 pm
Wholesome_Thomas
thenubslayer2000
jjcyalater
thenubslayer2000
Ok let's all switch to communism! We all know how that turned out! North Korea, China, the USSR, east Germany...

Democracy anyone?

04/30/2015 10:43 am
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
jjcyalater
thenubslayer2000
Capitalism is a bad idea.

Ok let's all switch to communism! We all know how that turned out! North Korea, China, the USSR, east Germany...

Democracy anyone?

04/30/2015 10:07 am
Level 39 : Artisan Ladybug
Xenoniuss
Glad to live in The Netherlands, the country almost nothing happens...
(Same for scandinavia and the rest of western europe tho)
04/30/2015 7:21 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Kpfs
deadrecon98
Kpfssnip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... nominal%29
Lol what was that? It seems like polands economy is in the 20's and were at the top.

I wasn't talking about the economy. Poland is part of NATO and the EU. Poland's allies are the US, The UK, and Germany. Those were big countries i could find that are allied.
04/30/2015 7:12 am
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
Kpfssnip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... nominal%29
Lol what was that? It seems like polands economy is in the 20's and were at the top.
04/30/2015 7:07 am
Wholesome_Thomas
Jex_InfiniteYeah, let's just disagree on everything and not progress at all!

Alternatively, we can compromise our beliefs, and we can all take the course of action we know is wrong and nobody's happy. Yay!
04/30/2015 5:36 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
jjcyalater
thenubslayer2000

Democracy anyone?

Yeah, let's just disagree on everything and not progress at all!
04/30/2015 12:34 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
thenubslayer2000

Democracy anyone?
04/29/2015 11:13 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
-_-_
Great choice in Poland, btw. Polska forever!
Back on topic, however, I feel that while life in the U.S might not change all that much, its the morals and knowledge of change thats driving people away. People dontlike where they think the country is heading.
04/29/2015 11:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
Killertoad

04/29/2015 9:45 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dolphin
SAIXlON
This post seems like it should have been made 10 years ago
04/29/2015 5:03 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin

You see, kids, if a emotionless, pointy-eared brainiac was our president, Baltimore, Ferguson, and the Middle East would be the most peaceful places on Earth.
04/29/2015 9:40 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
04/29/2015 9:45 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
We still have this guy:

04/29/2015 4:38 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
-Woody-this is the USA, where we're allowed to do stupid things. If you do stupid things in other countries, the government has all power to kill you legally. If you riot, instead of being calmed down, they'd just kill you all without giving a single thought..

God bless the USA. ^^
04/29/2015 4:11 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
PuddinPupOur Economy is failing due to the president, just considering we owe more debt then there is money in the world right now.. and we are supporting countries that are just fine on there own, and we are wondering why we have no money *takes loan*

In all honesty, our countries economy is the best it's been in a good while, thanks to the president. Only reason we can't really tell is because we are recovering from it, it won't all change over night. Our debt is still going higher(that's expected, debt isn't always a bad thing, almost every country is in debt, and has been for ever. It's just how they work.), but it's not going as high as Bush made it go up. Obama has been spending less and less, at least what congress will let him cut back on.

People need to realize that our president doesn't have major say so, it's our congress. The president doesn't have as much power as people think he does, he isn't a king, he's an elected leader.
04/29/2015 4:03 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Waffleman112
Read the 10 books series The History of US, great read and tells you a lot about the USA's history. and there have always been riots in the USA. (Boston Tea party, MLK in Salem, just naming 2 big ones.)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome