Apple or Android

m4lc's Avatar m4lc10/7/13 1:41 am
1 emeralds 2.4k 93
10/9/2013 11:34 am
the_soup's Avatar the_soup
What is your opinion Apple or Android?
Personally I think Apple because Android's phones are to big, my friend has one and it can't even fit in her pocket, how are you spossed to carry that?
m4lc
Level 24 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/09/2013 10:57 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
AnteJao
Why even argue, I mean smartphones ruined this f*cked up generation, they all suck!!!
I miss the 90's, most people are idiots these days, AND ESPECIALLY SWAG KIDS!!!
10/09/2013 11:34 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Congratulations for making the flame post that gets this thread locked. Here's your cookie:
<insert cookie here>
10/09/2013 3:32 am
Level 47 : Master Princess
Whoever01
I like them both equally, they have their ups and downs.
10/09/2013 3:17 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
OreAdventures
I base this off of Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5 not all Android phones, there is an argument at my school Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5 I wanted to know poeple's opinion on Apple or Android tho. All my arguments are based off of the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4.

Well it's fine for its own conversation, but the Galaxy S4 vs. the iPhone 5 isn't really relevant in an Android vs. iOS discussion.

Click to reveal
However, on the Galaxy S4 vs. iPhone 5 discussion:

The SGS4 has a removable battery and a microSD slot, while the iPhone 5 has neither (as the iPhones never do). So if your battery goes bad (or you want a longer lasting one) you have to buy a new one. If you want more storage you have to buy another model and pay more for it than you would for a microSD card of the same gain (which honestly is a vile thing to do, really lame. I like having removable storage that holds my data and isn't stuck in my phone).
10/09/2013 12:54 am
m4lc
insomniac_lemon
OreAdventures
Yes, but many think the Galaxy S4 is the best android phone, I was just comparing the two phones, this is my opinion not yours and you cannot change mine or the facts.

You can't compare "the best" as a basis of an entire family of things when there are so many options available. Even if it is the "best" device, that doesn't mean that it is the best in all qualities. You can't say that the Galaxy S4 has a bigger screen than an iPhone and is more expensive, and thus iPhones are better than all Android devices, because that's not logical.

If you feel that the S4 isn't right for you, fine. But just because you don't like that particular device doesn't mean that there isn't one you would like, and if you're too lazy or into iOS to even look, then that's your issue or bias.

You keep mentioning the word "facts" but I haven't seen you use any. There might be more iOS apps, but it's not more enough to make a difference.

Also, what if you want to MAKE apps? For iOS, you need to develop your app on a Mac with an Intel-based CPU. For Android, you can use ANY computer (and there is something called App-Inventor where you can easily make basic personal apps).

iOS devices are all "luxury" devices that can only be on cellular service owned by big companies (and in the past that was even spotty when it was "exclusive" to one major carrier and there was a wait for others). Android has "luxury" and "bargain" phones (and everywhere between), you can get them on ANY carrier, even small ones.

And no, I'm not trying to change your opinion, but merely trying to explain and debate my side.... and isn't that why you made the thread in the first place?

I base this off of Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5 not all Android phones, there is an argument at my school Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5 I wanted to know poeple's opinion on Apple or Android tho. All my arguments are based off of the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4.
10/09/2013 12:05 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
I like the iPhone Invisible the most. I'm the only one who has it. It has IOS 4,000,000,000,000,000 on it.
10/09/2013 12:01 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Pwnkight
let the flame war commence lol
10/08/2013 11:50 pm
insomniac_lemon
OreAdventures
Yes, but many think the Galaxy S4 is the best android phone, I was just comparing the two phones, this is my opinion not yours and you cannot change mine or the facts.

You can't compare "the best" as a basis of an entire family of things when there are so many options available. Even if it is the "best" device, that doesn't mean that it is the best in all qualities. You can't say that the Galaxy S4 has a bigger screen than an iPhone and is more expensive, and thus iPhones are better than all Android devices, because that's not logical.

If you feel that the S4 isn't right for you, fine. But just because you don't like that particular device doesn't mean that there isn't one you would like, and if you're too lazy or into iOS to even look, then that's your issue or bias.

You keep mentioning the word "facts" but I haven't seen you use any. There might be more iOS apps, but it's not more enough to make a difference.

Also, what if you want to MAKE apps? For iOS, you need to develop your app on a Mac with an Intel-based CPU. For Android, you can use ANY computer (and there is something called App-Inventor where you can easily make basic personal apps).

iOS devices are all "luxury" devices that can only be on cellular service owned by big companies (and in the past that was even spotty when it was "exclusive" to one major carrier and there was a wait for others). Android has "luxury" and "bargain" phones (and everywhere between), you can get them on ANY carrier, even small ones.

And no, I'm not trying to change your opinion, but merely trying to explain and debate my side.... and isn't that why you made the thread in the first place?
10/08/2013 10:59 pm
m4lc
DivineMedicus
Btw the only way apple phones could compete with android is if you jailbreak (jailbreaking is useful)

That is a load of bull first of all. You do not have to jailbreak your phone to get android quality. Besides, iPhone's compete with Android by a ton. For one thing Apple has better sale prices so you can't say that they do not compete.
10/08/2013 10:50 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
DivineMedicus
I honestly like android better because android gives their OS to everyone, but apple is greedy to keep it to themselves, which means there are more phones using androids, and with more variety means more options, and its nice to have all these phones to choose from that are androids.

Btw the only way apple phones could compete with android is if you jailbreak (jailbreaking is useful)
10/08/2013 10:44 pm
m4lc
insomniac_lemon
OreAdventures
Your theorys are very wrong. Android's do come in smaller sizes, but I am talking about the Galaxy S4. Android's are more expensive then iPhones. If you buy a iPhone 5 from AT&T with a 2-year contract it will cost you 550 USD and if you buy a Galaxy S4 from AT&T with a 2-year contract it costs 640 USD. Also the Galaxy S4 Mini costs like 40 more dollars than the iPad mini. As for apps, are you tripping? Apple has soooo many more apps than Android it makes me want to laugh that you are saying Android has more apps. Also, most of these posts are opinion, I am stating the facts. I will disprove either side.

Seriously?

If you're talking about the Galaxy S4 you AREN'T talking about Android in general. There are smaller and cheaper Android phones than the Galaxy S4, as the Galaxy S4 is just ONE Android phone. From images I have seen of them side-by-side, the Galaxy S4 doesn't look THAT big, and you should be able to fit it in your pocket unless you can barely fit your iPhone in your women's skinny jeans.....

The apps argument, again, is irrelevant for either side. I found a website saying that both platforms had just over 800,000 apps (that was in spring, but I doubt the number doubled). So yeah, you're kinda using opinions there, too.

10/08/2013 4:32 pm
insomniac_lemon
OreAdventures
Your theorys are very wrong. Android's do come in smaller sizes, but I am talking about the Galaxy S4. Android's are more expensive then iPhones. If you buy a iPhone 5 from AT&T with a 2-year contract it will cost you 550 USD and if you buy a Galaxy S4 from AT&T with a 2-year contract it costs 640 USD. Also the Galaxy S4 Mini costs like 40 more dollars than the iPad mini. As for apps, are you tripping? Apple has soooo many more apps than Android it makes me want to laugh that you are saying Android has more apps. Also, most of these posts are opinion, I am stating the facts. I will disprove either side.

Seriously?

If you're talking about the Galaxy S4 you AREN'T talking about Android in general. There are smaller and cheaper Android phones than the Galaxy S4, as the Galaxy S4 is just ONE Android phone. From images I have seen of them side-by-side, the Galaxy S4 doesn't look THAT big, and you should be able to fit it in your pocket unless you can barely fit your iPhone in your women's skinny jeans.....

The apps argument, again, is irrelevant for either side. I found a website saying that both platforms had just over 800,000 apps (that was in spring, but I doubt the number doubled). So yeah, you're kinda using opinions there, too.
10/08/2013 10:16 am
m4lc
VeryMadCrafter
OreAdventuresWhat is your opinion Apple or Android?
Personally I think Apple because Android's phones are to big, my friend has one and it can't even fit in her pocket, how are you spossed to carry that?

Androids come in various sizes. There are many smaller ones too.

10/08/2013 9:49 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter

Androids come in various sizes. There are many smaller ones too.
10/08/2013 9:05 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
These are never a question of which is better, this is always a question of what you use, not based on comparison but instead just on knowing only one of the systems in question. Most people have either never owned the other system or have only used an outdated version. This is a poll on usage not superiority, however in that fashion, I'm voting for iOS, never having owned anything other than an iPhone
10/08/2013 9:03 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Android is MUCH better. It has a whole lot of apps in the Play store. And much more. And good androids aren`t as expensive.
10/07/2013 7:45 pm
Level 25 : Expert Pony
Kfcnyancat
I hate smartphones (I know, shocking!)
10/08/2013 8:57 am
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
ANOTHER OPINION, GET OUT. THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR FREE SPEECH
10/07/2013 7:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Cameronkaye35
i prefer android because there are many options (galaxy note 3, s4, htc one) and it is very more customizable and the processors, cameras, ram, and performance are much better then ios like iphone 5s i think is 1.4ghz dual (i think its that) and 1gb ram and 640 p and my galaxy s4 is 1.9ghz quad 2gb ram and 1080p display. also samsung phones have expandable storage and also if you like to use ur phone as a tv remote u can use any of those three android phones as one but no ios. also they make a waterproof galaxy s4 (s4 active) and it has a little worse camera then the s4 but it is waterproof up to 3.3 feet
10/07/2013 6:35 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior
FusRoDah123
Android.

Requires no Cydia, just BitTorrent, end of discussion.
10/07/2013 6:32 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
_Shako
I prefer Apple.

1. Android phones are way too big
2. Apple's user interface is always much simpler and less confusing
10/07/2013 6:29 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
ChrisL

The thing about Android is that there are tons of phones, and they surprisingly come in many sizes.

OreAdventuresThe iPhone acutally can contain more memory than the Galaxy S4, you just have to buy the 32GB version not the 16GB version, the Galaxy only comes in 16GB

Android phones have this little thing called external memory-you can essentially have as much storage as you want because you can use cheap microsd cards.
10/07/2013 5:50 pm
m4lc
Apple's products have been going down in quality since Steve passed away, but I believe that they will have some new better ideas in the iPhone 6. Just know that these are people's opinions there really is no fact. It is your opinion, if you can't change someones opinion then don't try.
10/07/2013 3:24 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
robotprobot
iOS 7 was a pain in the butt to install on my iPad, for that reason, i choose Android, plus android are less annoyed about everything that happens on their phones. apple have a lot of restrictions and need to be jailbroken just to view the files on the computer
10/07/2013 2:51 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc691442
[deleted]
10/07/2013 2:42 pm
Level 24 : Expert Lumberjack
Casval
Android because i like to have money AFTER I buy a phone and have it actually work

And a flash player
10/07/2013 2:34 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Andriod because simple logic.

There is only one Apple, only one iPhone. On the Andriod market there's a lot more direct competition because there are lots of diffent phones that use the Andriod OS.

You have a lot more options as to what kinds of phones you want as well as varrying prices for you to choose from. Don't want a phone will an awesome processor because all you do is text? There's a phone for you! Want to game and need a larger screen and a better processor? There's one for you too.

I don't dislike Apple as I've had a decent experience with their products, but for the reasons above, it makes more sense to me to go Android.
10/07/2013 2:40 pm
Level 45 : Master Nether Knight
sk8er92749
Well they have two iPhones now actually...
10/07/2013 2:31 pm
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
Because Android looked like iOS7 before it existed and does all the things it does, but already did.

Google is nice too.
10/07/2013 2:31 pm
Level 20 : Expert Scribe
Medieval-Sanity
Well, I lived my life using Apple products, but my dad uses an Android, but I'd say Apple products are easier to take along with you.
10/07/2013 2:33 pm
Level 20 : Expert Scribe
Medieval-Sanity
I don't have a IPhone, just an IPod.
10/07/2013 1:58 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Artist
xXchrispXx
definitely android and not ios
10/07/2013 1:23 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
DrForrestera
Android is my vote but apple does have iPods which are great.
10/07/2013 12:59 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
keldeo_10
Everyone, if you think apple then paste this and post it a lot: 
10/07/2013 12:58 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
keldeo_10
Go Apple Go!!! 
10/07/2013 1:30 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
BreakfastPizza
Look at my post and awnser the question

Go android go!
10/07/2013 12:46 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
BreakfastPizza
Apple? Ha!

I've had this conversation so many times it's ridiculous. All my friends at school for some reason liked apple. But now that iOS 7 has come out i know they regret telling me that apple is better

Tell me one reason that apple is better. And I promise you, I can come up with a argument.
10/07/2013 12:25 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Gabriel1102
Apple
10/07/2013 12:22 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
The same apps load faster, boot time is faster, screen is more vibrant, UI isn't as feminine, keyboard comes up faster, everything is more fluid.
10/07/2013 12:23 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
The boot time is hardly faster and most of the things you listed depends on the phone you use. More higher end phones are 150% better than apple's, in price and in performance
10/07/2013 12:26 pm
DrStrad
Yes, that's what I'm saying, you have the option to be faster, whereas with apple, there is only one choice.
10/07/2013 12:33 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
At 50x the price.
10/07/2013 12:40 pm
insomniac_lemon
Read his other replies, you're both arguing for Android :/

The first message from it that you quoted didn't mention iOS or Android, and was a follow up to a pro-android post.
10/07/2013 12:07 pm
Level 40 : Master Warrior
atabler
I like apple.
They have FAR more apps than android and heard that Androids first tablet was far too close to an iPad so Apple sued them so they had to make a differ tablet!
() ()
{*}{*}
<>
{------}
Anyway Android dosent have a filter on thieir apps that I know about and Apple does!
They also have a way to make it look like you have a phone without paying as much for the plan and everything Android doesent! I dont have a iPod touch (yet) mainly cuz I just got a $350 iPad mini and now I only have like... $5 but it was worth it!
I like that its apps are now 3D too!
Anyway APPLE!!

-KittensAT
10/07/2013 12:12 pm
DrStrad
...I think it's trying to communicate... Anyway, I've always been more Android because of the customization and speed.
10/07/2013 12:18 pm
atabler
10/07/2013 12:19 pm
atabler
How is it faster?
10/07/2013 11:51 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Botanist
Olly
I'm not to eager to comment really as this is already turning out to be a flame war, but I like Apple more, only as I've never really tried Android. I'm just used to their products really, I have nothing against Android phones or the people who use them.
10/07/2013 9:20 am
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
TehDansorz
Since Steve has passed away, Apple has become a complete -snip. When Steve was still alive, his products were outstanding, even if you never used them.
Today I'm a proud Android user :3
10/07/2013 11:35 am
Level 89 : Elite Birb
Cpt. Corn
Aye, that just shows how important it is to have someone with passion towards their products.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome