Are you a Percy Jackson fan?

Polar_The_Archer's Avatar Polar_The_Archer9/1/13 10:14 pm
9/2/2013 11:53 pm
Neptonic's Avatar Neptonic
Hey fellow Minecraftians. I am making this thread today because I love the Percy Jackson series. So why not find out if other Minecraft lovers like Percy Jack son too!
Anyways in this thread you can talk about Percabeth (I love it), what they should add in the next book/movie, book vs. Movie. And everything else.

Have fun posting!

-PtA
Polar_The_Archer
Level 32 : Artisan Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/02/2013 11:51 pm
Level 29 : Expert Toast
CleverUserName01
BEEZ IN DA TRAP
09/02/2013 11:49 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
megustaQUESO
Books? Great. Heroes of Olympus? Better than the original books. Movie one? Good. Movie Two? \/\/\/
Click to reveal
HOLY CRAP. HO-LEE-CRAHP. I liked the first movie. It didn't deserve all the hate it got. So I had a right to be excited for the second one. I went to the theater and saw it the day after it came. HOLY CRAP. HO-LEE-CRAHP. Don't waste your money on this crap! The action wasn't suspenseful, the humor wasn't funny, and most of all, it didn't follow Rick Riordan's amazing writing. In fact, they left out all of the parts that could have made it a decent movie! Take Circe's island for instance, when Percy gets turned into a guinea pig and they free Blackbeard and his crew. Did they cover it? Of course not! And the sheep farm on the rolling island with the complex plan to save Grover. Did they include it? NO! The ONE time they actually were going to make the movie suspenseful and entertaining was when they first got onto the rollercoaster on the island. There was going to be a big drop and everyone (in the movie) got very tense, and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED! They got stopped by a rock. They just COMPLETELY blew their chance to make this movie half decent! And at the end, (SPOILERS HERE) when they awakened the Titan whose name escapes me, (heck, they weren't even supposed to raise him yet, there was an entire BOOK for that) Percy simply stabbed him. HE STABBED HIM. THE FORCE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE GODS, AND ONE LITTLE SWORD PIERCES RIGHT THROUGH HIM AND HE'S DEAD. POW. BOOM. RUINED. GONE. CRAP.
09/02/2013 11:26 pm
Level 41 : Master Robot
Monkeyy
no, I hate him and totally haven't read all if the books
09/02/2013 11:18 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Meme
Beta_Alpha
maxman07
Polar_The_Archer
RiotShielderI like the Percy Jackson books, I read them 2-3 years back and loved them, I still read the new ones that come out too. The movies, however, are utter crap.

Chronicle1337Movies are terrible. All the books are amazing. The End.

I agree with you guys. I felt like in their make of 'Sea of Monsters' they took events from the later books and threw them into the second. They had characters wrong, places wrong, events wrong, and all that. The books are simply the best.

I sometimes wonder if they read the books.

The people who make the movie try to cram the entire book in about an hour and a half. I don't think they have the ability to do that, but at some points in the movies, they just put stuff that didn't belong, and weren't even part of the book. That's what I didn't understand. If you're going to make a movie of a book, why not keep most parts of it the same? Just remove some un-needed parts and you're fine.
09/02/2013 10:38 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Ranger
VelociCraftor
Never read the books, saw the first movie, which seemed like a Disney sitcom for some reason. (That's a bad thing)
09/02/2013 10:34 pm
Level 28 : Expert Geek
maxman07
Polar_The_Archer
RiotShielderI like the Percy Jackson books, I read them 2-3 years back and loved them, I still read the new ones that come out too. The movies, however, are utter crap.

I agree with you guys. I felt like in their make of 'Sea of Monsters' they took events from the later books and threw them into the second. They had characters wrong, places wrong, events wrong, and all that. The books are simply the best.

I sometimes wonder if they read the books.
09/02/2013 5:14 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
I like the Percy Jackson books, I read them 2-3 years back and loved them, I still read the new ones that come out too. The movies, however, are utter crap.
09/02/2013 10:29 pm
Polar_The_Archer

09/02/2013 5:09 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Meme
Beta_Alpha
Movies are terrible. All the books are amazing. The End.
09/02/2013 11:53 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
09/02/2013 4:34 pm
Level 29 : Expert Taco
MarcTheGreat88
^^^ Said it all.
09/02/2013 4:12 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Spelunker
KirbySteaks
I like the books
Click to reveal
I hate the Jason/Piper relationship. For one, they seem to perfect. Also, their relationship was built on lies. "Oh, someone implanted fake memories into one of our heads that we dated, but the other one of us has no memories whatsoever, and we're actually complete strangers? Let's keep dating anyway, even though we never actually started dating and we've never met. Look at all of the deep feelings we suddenly have for each other."

Percabeth is cool though. It's real. To bad about what happened at the end of Mark of Athena. Though they were kinda stupid to linger so long and casually on the crumbly floor held together by spiderwebs that was so obviously falling apart.
09/02/2013 10:25 pm
Polar_The_Archer
I fully agree with you. But also whenPercy could have let Annabeth go, he didnt he stayed with her. I think Rick Riordan will hopefully make it do Athena sees that and she begins to like Percy.. Just a thought.
09/02/2013 3:55 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
No. But Percy Hackson is awesome.
09/02/2013 3:17 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
Yeah I love the series. And the sequal to the series.
09/02/2013 3:43 pm
Polar_The_Archer
I love the series and the squeal too, And for some reason I really like Percabeth..Idk why.
09/01/2013 10:20 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
I liked the Lightning Thief, but the Sea of Monsters, and the other ones (Forgot the names) were only okay.
Same goes with the movies. I liked the Lightning Thief, but the Sea of Monsters wasn't great.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome