Ask Cpt. Corn... [Anything]... ;)

Cpt. Corn's Avatar Cpt. Corn6/21/13 3:25 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 44
4/1/2014 2:23 pm
okoloto's Avatar okoloto
It's been awhile since I've had fun on the forums, and since that time ago, someone suggested that I'd do an AMA, which I had no idea what it was at the time. Apparently, it means Ask Me Anything, which sounds like great fun. x)

So... ask me anything. ;P
Cpt. Corn
Level 89 : Elite Birb

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/01/2014 2:23 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
What is my real name?
04/01/2014 2:17 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Cyborg
TWSSYesterday
Specs of PC? And how do you update your texture packs?
Regards,
Liam

P.S. A PM will also suffice
04/01/2014 2:08 pm
Level 45 : Master Musician
karst
Do you like April Fools?
07/20/2013 9:52 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dan9446
Are you a clopper like Ben... also is my brother David a clopper and is he gay O_o me and my mom are wondering... plus is the sushi at kamakara or however you spell it good lol
06/24/2013 9:13 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Haze_the_Wolf
Do you like corn? (If not your a communist and should leave the country)
06/24/2013 7:37 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
Why did you chose the name Cpt. Corn // CornTheHorn?
06/24/2013 7:30 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
NathanLithia
where'd ya find yo Profile pic?
06/22/2013 2:43 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
deltoraquestgirl
okay, i have a few questions for you

1. what species am I
2. Where do I live
3. what type of fanfic do i write
4. why is pmc awesome?
5. what clan did i rule over?
6. why am i doing this?
7. What do i do when someone enters the chat room?
8. who is my account picture of?
9. if peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where are the pickled peppers peter piper picked?
10. Where should i hide the bodys?
k, thnx, bai!
06/22/2013 1:55 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Mage
Phantomic
What are your favourite games?
Also add this post to your profile
06/22/2013 1:49 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
stevesteroo
What are some of your best experiences on the PMC Forums or in the Minecraft world it's self?
06/24/2013 5:30 am
Cpt. Corn
My best experience on the PMC Forums... hmm... I don't really know. I wish I knew... but my best forum experience has been in the Minecraft Forums, while I hosted my texture pack there. I loved all the support and suggestions people had, to which many of them stuck with me for a long time... Too bad those times are over, since my forum hasn't been all that attractive ever since I moved over to PMC, even though PMC has been very innovative with hosting all Minecraft-related content... so I can't complain too much. But I still do miss the friends I made there.

As for the Minecraft world, I would say my best experience was when I was a part of the best server I've ever been to. Macropolis.fr was a French server, but however the white-listing worked, I got to participate in one of the friendliest and imaginative servers I have ever been on. With different worlds that you could go to, you do just about anything, with the added awesomeness of an economy, rpg stats, and other mods. It's just a shame that it died long ago...
*sigh*
Just watch this and you'll understand how epic that server was:
[yt]uV8GimrN2fc[/yt]
Hopefully the server still exists, but I highly doubt that. Any server suggestions for me to try out?
06/21/2013 8:25 pm
Cpt. Corn
_DioM_
Cpt. Corn
Rainbow7How old are you? Also what type of game you like? Retro or modern?

I'm 19 years old. ;P

I wish I knew what games I like and don't like. I like co-op games, puzzle games... I'm not particularly sure what genre I'd be into. Definitely not FPS, I don't think. What kind of genres are there? I must go deeper into finding the answer... as I don't know it myself, apparently. :S

Neither. I like pixelated graphics tied into games of this modern world. One good example would be Hotline Miami - a dear favorite of my gaming history. I love Hotline Miami... I would also say that Minecraft would make a nice example, but I've gotten bored of that game, and have abandoned it for almost a year it seems... maybe longer. Would you care for any reasons why?

I do.

I used to play Minecraft all the time until the Adventure Update came along. The game was so much simpler when it didn't have any of that RPG feel to it, let alone The End to tie the game to some sort of conclusion or epic battle. The game didn't need any of that, or maybe there could have been a proper way around it if The End was so important.

However, I can admit that some additions to the game are cool, like the enderman mob, and nether quartz, to which the game expanded where it needed to be expanded, but now there's just too many things.

I enjoyed Minecraft for its simple pleasures: mining, crafting, exploring, and then finding my way into multiplayer, where I can agree that the game was the most fun. Now, there's a new sense of complexity that I feel I am unable to experience properly

Back in Beta 1.7.3 or close to that, before the adventure update, I had felt that the game was nearly complete. My sense of adventure was fine... didn't think I could have more fun than to build an awesome resort on a deserted island I had found, back before my favorite server died somehow. Anyways, the only parts of the game I felt that needed to expand were in the Nether and the ocean.

The Nether, at least for me, was mainly used as a neat transit, since each block traveled there was approximate to ten or more blocks on the world above. It did feel a little empty though, so it was missing a few things, but a sense of creativity could quickly fill that void up. More mobs wasn't necessarily the answer... now the Nether seems far more dangerous or uncanny than before. xD It'd be much more interesting if the nether quartz was there back then, but the uses need to be just as inciting as glowstone was. Now, I don't know what quartz does, other than to make marble structures or something, but if I could, I would make the Nether less like a hell of different mobs (like a freak show), and more of an environmentally hazardous place with precious ores that would put you in some interesting situations. The sense of mining would be put on steroids! But no, I think some sort of nether bridges and dungeons kinda took over that environmental feel for something more along the lines of generic mob killing... idk.

As for the oceans, or rivers, I kind of wish there was more fish life, at least so that the oceans didn't look too empty. If they really wanted to, they could have made a deep ocean realm that could only be accessed through a naturally placed portal on the sea floor (like a cavernous hole that sea adventurers dare to tread... a mystery), but once accessed... you could barely survive unless you had some sort of deep sea helmet. Maybe the materials required could have been stashed in a dungeon, or crafted by a material found in the nether... but anyways, this deep sea realm could replicate the long-lost fantasy of becoming a deep sea diver in search for treasure, but with the complication of a different, necessary flavor of danger, just like in the Nether. I think that would be cool, if that has any sense of providing some dangerous sea mobs like sharks or angler fish, without worrying that your regular earth world would be inhabited by nasty sea mobs all the time.

So what else could be changed?... well, a lot really. We don't need an aether, but to extend the limit of more blocks towards the sky is a nice touch that Minecraft has done. Villages probably weren't necessarily, unless they had used more like-able characters like pigmen. But even then, a sense of civilization should have only be made by the character's point of view. No other civilization should be obstruct the landscape unless it adds to the game's mining and crafting atmosphere. Dungeons were great, they were simple by design, but o' so dangerous. Now, there are civilizations sprawling up from coast to desert to nether, and that is just not right... not only does it influence the player of architecture outside their imagination, it also cuts out that sense of exploration and the ability of getting lost in the wilderness... instead you find a landmark that apparently allows you the opportunity to trade for other goods... but cannot replace a better experience found in multiplayer - where civilizations were made by hand.

Ugh... maybe I should make a blog by now, because there's probably a whole lot more I could talk about. xD
06/21/2013 5:47 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
Corn, you took up on my suggestion. Feels nice to be heard
anyway, my question to you dear sir is that are you a brony, and If so, how did you come into contact with the Show, or show related content? And if you are a brony, I have something for you...
Click to reveal
/)
06/21/2013 6:03 pm
Cpt. Corn
I've already answered a similar question:

"Well, my twin brother was playing TF2 one day and I was watching him like it was a past time. He knew vaguely about these cartoon ponies floating about, but I had no idea what it was... somehow most of the server's players had these pony avatars, which made pretty curious - What kind of hype is responsible for this?

A friend of my twin brother chatted with him on Steam and suggested that we watch this My Little Pony show on YouTube, and I really had low expectations for it... not sure what it was going to be like, it probably was some little cartoon that was for a really young audience - too girly, not-for-me, etc -, but the curiosity was enough for me to try out this MLP reboot: Friendship is Magic.

After the first episode, my brother was all... "meh," but that wasn't my reaction. I was taken back by the memory of the cartoons I used to watch years ago, like Dexter's Laboratory, Power Puff Girls, Hey Arnold!, the old Spongebob Squarepants, and others like them... iconic, funny, brilliant, but overall - entertaining. I had expected that there wasn't going to be a cartoon as great as the ones I had seen... like Flapjack, Chowder, and the new Spongebob, and maybe a few other shows... they lost their luster to me. Some cartoons were over-the-top with the occasional picture of something incredibly disgusting or just plots that were too stupid to grab my younger self. Somehow, MLP:FiM made up for the drought of cartoons that I didn't want to do with... and so I watched the next episode.

Eventually, my brother and I became bronies out of the simple fact that we enjoyed and looked forward to the show. We didn't know a whole lot about the fandom or anything surrounded with it. We watched the show, the whole season, and knew ourselves to be bronies before the first season had ended."
06/21/2013 5:32 pm
Cpt. Corn
_DioM_
Nevin
_DioM_

Some people don't want people talking for cpt. corn but I will do this last one lol.

Yes it does on my ipod but it lags a lot. I would give it a test

Hm. Can't find anything under MLP, or any other similar tags..

Well, if I were to answer, I wouldn't know what to tell ya.

The show was intended to target their young audience as well as their parents, but does that justify a parent walking in on their much older son watching that show? - I don't know. It would depend if you could spend 5 minutes explaining to your father that a friend dared you to watch the show, or to see if it's any good, or whatever the situation is. If he understands and leaves you be, then you've won. If he takes your man card away for watching the show, then I don't know what to tell ya. My dad's understanding about it, though it did take awhile for my mom to understand what it all was about for awhile. xD

Either way, it's just a matter if you can communicate to your folk(s) so that they can justify why you're watching it.
06/21/2013 3:23 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Meme
The Masked Bandit
What is your favorite submission of yours?
06/21/2013 4:56 pm
Cpt. Corn
Probably my Ice Cream Sandwich skin... [link]
06/21/2013 3:16 pm
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
_DioM_
Cpt. Corn

I'm 19 years old. ;P

I wish I knew what games I like and don't like. I like co-op games, puzzle games... I'm not particularly sure what genre I'd be into. Definitely not FPS, I don't think. What kind of genres are there? I must go deeper into finding the answer... as I don't know it myself, apparently. :S

Neither. I like pixelated graphics tied into games of this modern world. One good example would be Hotline Miami - a dear favorite of my gaming history. I love Hotline Miami... I would also say that Minecraft would make a nice example, but I've gotten bored of that game, and have abandoned it for almost a year it seems... maybe longer. Would you care for any reasons why?

I do.
06/21/2013 10:39 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
Delta459
what is it like to hug a dog?
06/21/2013 5:43 pm
Cpt. Corn
To hug a dog is like holding a young, adorable child... except they are four-legged, bound to lick your face from over-excitement, and are covered in fur. That is, if it was a friendly, adorable child and not some random one that will freak out when you hug 'em.
06/21/2013 10:37 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon
Nevin
soandso2
Nevin (Snip!)

Ooh! I actually have a question for you! Why do you threadjack?

-----

Mister Corn: When people hijack your threads, do you get angry?

I'm sorry, I will not comment anymore if it offends you.
06/21/2013 10:27 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
soandso2
Nevin (Snip!)

Ooh! I actually have a question for you! Why do you threadjack?

-----

Mister Corn: When people hijack your threads, do you get angry?
06/21/2013 9:09 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
soandso2
What is the cube route of the area of a circle where the radius is pi?
06/21/2013 5:49 pm
Cpt. Corn
Hmm... the cube route...

Well, I'd imagine the route of this area would be like walking through a field of flowers planted in a circular bed, except by going this route, you will have killed many flowers, which can bring out a variety of emotions. In the math world, all emotions can be defined as pi. Your route will be nothing but pi if you walk on those flowers.

...and that is why you can't trust math. It kills pwetty flowers. Don't take that cube route.
06/21/2013 9:13 am
Nevin
Volume = 288 pi cm2
4/3*pi*r3 = 288*pi
so r3 = 288*3/4 = 216 cm3 and therefore r = 6 cm.

Then area of the great circle = pi*r2 = 36*pi cm squared = 113.1 cm2 (approx)
06/21/2013 9:01 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Mister_Bacca
how do you get on a server for multiplayer.
06/21/2013 9:11 am
Nevin
Step 1: open the minecraft window

step 2: login

step 3: click multiplayer

step 4: click add server

step 5: put in an ip of a server, ill give you one that's not mine--> play.gontroller.com
just copy and paste that into the server address bar and click done. Now that server will be on your list of servers.
06/21/2013 9:15 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
nwh
Why are you answering? this is not your ama
06/21/2013 9:16 am
Nevin
Someone has to.
06/21/2013 8:33 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
How much are you willing to pay for Corn? c:
06/21/2013 4:20 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
I regret being like this
How old are you? Also what type of game you like? Retro or modern?
06/21/2013 3:54 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
MechaEnderXD
how you became a brony?
06/21/2013 4:12 am
Cpt. Corn
Well, my twin brother was playing TF2 one day and I was watching him like it was a past time. He knew vaguely about these cartoon ponies floating about, but I had no idea what it was... somehow most of the server's players had these pony avatars, which made pretty curious - What kind of hype is responsible for this?

A friend of my twin brother chatted with him on Steam and suggested that we watch this My Little Pony show on YouTube, and I really had low expectations for it... not sure what it was going to be like, it probably was some little cartoon that was for a really young audience - too girly, not-for-me, etc -, but the curiosity was enough for me to try out this MLP reboot: Friendship is Magic.

After the first episode, my brother was all... "meh," but that wasn't my reaction. I was taken back by the memory of the cartoons I used to watch years ago, like Dexter's Laboratory, Power Puff Girls, Hey Arnold!, the old Spongebob Squarepants, and others like them... iconic, funny, brilliant, but overall - entertaining. I had expected that there wasn't going to be a cartoon as great as the ones I had seen... like Flapjack, Chowder, and the new Spongebob, and maybe a few other shows... they lost their luster to me. Some cartoons were over-the-top with the occasional picture of something incredibly disgusting or just plots that were too stupid to grab my younger self. Somehow, MLP:FiM made up for the drought of cartoons that I didn't want to do with... and so I watched the next episode.

Eventually, my brother and I became bronies out of the simple fact that we enjoyed and looked forward to the show. We didn't know a whole lot about the fandom or anything surrounded with it. We watched the show, the whole season, and knew ourselves to be bronies before the first season had ended.
06/21/2013 9:46 am
_DioM_
You know any (not yet blocked) channels on Youtube where one can watch FiM? Although I've Netflix, I don't want my dad finding out I'm somewhat interested in a show who's target audience is six year old girls.
06/21/2013 10:10 am
Nevin
pollystreaming.com

Lots of hidden ads through
06/21/2013 10:27 am
_DioM_
Oh, ok. Thanks. Do you know if it works on mobile devices?
06/21/2013 10:38 am
Nevin
Some people don't want people talking for cpt. corn but I will do this last one lol.

Yes it does on my ipod but it lags a lot. I would give it a test
06/21/2013 3:47 am
Level 25 : Expert Prince
MaximusDoobius
Boxers, Briefs Or Boxer-Briefs?
Click to reveal
Bring on the awkward questions People!
06/21/2013 3:34 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Captain Crumble
How did you find PMC? Also, first
06/21/2013 8:45 am
Nevin
This guy did not even edit anything about my pic.. What a thief.
06/21/2013 8:28 am
Nevin
This noobe has my PMC profile pic.

Cpt. Corn, could I do something about this?

I mean that's just lame.. It's my server logo. Need proof? click on my name and go to my server info
06/21/2013 4:40 am
Cpt. Corn
Apparently, I found PMC by dealing with an imposter problem that a friend had told me, found on this post: [link]

Shortly after, I started using PMC regularly, which stretched most of my Coterie Craft fanbase over to PMC.

I'm 19 years old. ;P

06/21/2013 3:52 am
Cpt. Corn
Well, I joined this site 2 years ago - exactly, on this day.

How I found PMC is still a mystery though, so I've been searching through the Minecraft Forums where I first hosted my pack. Still can't find the post that may have influenced me to check out PMC, I could have found it on my own for all I know. xP

MaximusDoobiusBoxers, Briefs Or Boxer-Briefs?
Click to reveal
Bring on the awkward questions People!

I wear both boxers and briefs.

Saved me from a horrible parkour accident one day. One less layer of clothing could have sliced my jewels. Not the reason I where both though, but glad I did that day.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome