Battle for the Enchanted Netherite Trophy P9 - Never Dig Straight Downnot_listed_location

GoldenScientist's Avatar GoldenScientist4/8/22 11:23 am history
10 emeralds 557 30
9/30/2022 12:13 am
ikkefleresmaragder's Avatar ikkefleresmaragder
Thank you viewers, voters, and all who read this and voted.
Welcome back to the Battle for the Enchanted Netherite Trophy. If you missed the first part, let me catch you up.

A select group of 30 Minecraft mobs are competing in a big contest to win the ENCHANTED NETHERITE TROPHY. You are one of the
judges of the contest. As the organizer of the contest, it is my job to tell you the rules of the contest. The rules are as follows:

  • One mob is eliminated in each contest unless otherwise noted.
  • You (the judge) will vote on who is eliminated.
  • Eliminated mobs can rejoin in special rejoining votes.
  • The last mob remaining wins.

Read the rest of the series
View the Collection here!

Here are the contestants
Contestants (CONTAINS SPOILERS ABOUT WHO IS ELIMINATED)
Team #1: Alleviation
- Allay
- Copper Golem
- Glare
- Axolotl

- Moobloom
- Cow
- Mooshroom
- Phantom
- Warden

Team #2: The Raiders (& the raided)
- Pillager
- Vindicator
- Evoker
- Iceologer
- Villager
- Wandering Trader
- Iron Golem

Team #3: Everyone Else
- Cat

- Bee
- Enderman
- Piglin
- Wolf
- Hoglin

OUT
- Tadpole
- Vex
- Piglin Brute
- Goat
- Glow Squid
- Ravager
- Illusioner
- Frog

Allay, Copper Golem, and Glare lounge in the courtyard by the fountain when Piglin sneaks behind a bush. No one notices her. Suddenly, she strikes, jumping out and attacking Allay with her golden sword.
"Why did you do that!?" Glare exclaims.
"Listen here you flying bush- Things happen for a reason!" Piglin replies.
Copper Golem holds Allay in his arms. She is still alive, but in pain.

"We should go to medbay," he says.
"No.... there's really no need. I'm not going to make it..." Allay replies with a weak tone.
"Please! Hang in there!" Copper golem responds.
Allay is silent as she turns her gaze to face his body.
"Oh, how cute. She's accepted her fate," Piglin taunts.
"... I-I don't know how much.. time... how much longer I can hold... out..." Allay says, trying to lift her arm up. Her body shakes with pain.
"I'm so glad to see the person who got Piglin Brute and Illusioner out of the game in such a state. I've finally avanged my dear brother and friend. I was going to kill your friends, but I thought it would be better to make you physically suffer,"
Allay looks at Copper Golem and Glare with tears in her eyes. "My body... it grows weaker by the second... but at least I can die in the company... of my two best friends..."
"Hold on! Please, don't die on us like this!" Glare says in desperation.
Just one final time, Allay raises her arms in an attempt to pull herself closer to Copper Golem. Her arms shake the whole time, until they eventually collapse.

"You see guys, it's too late to do anything. I see no point in reporting me to the guards. There are no guards in the area, and I'm not counting that host lady GoldenScientist. My job is done," Piglin said, taking back her sword.
Evoker walks up from behind. "What in the world is going on? What happened here?" she asks before noticing Allay. "Oh no..." she pulls out a totem.
"Don't bother with that totem. It's already too late." Piglin said, "She just passed a bit ago. Really quite tragic. I can only wonder the pain her friends experienced."

"Don't act all innocent and supportive of us when someone else shows up!" Copper Golem yells.
"Oh, did I come in at the wrong time? And if it's alright to ask, how exactly did she die?" Evoker asks.
"Piglin... she... she stabbed her. She said something about 'avenging' her brother and Illusioner," Glare said.
Evoker faced Piglin. "Listen up. Remember back in the second game how Illusioner put dirt in your food? And during the fourth game, when you tried to urge him to not attack me. He made some pretty bad remarks towards you, and yet for some reason or another, you decided to befriend him in the fifth game! Remember how you and him went into the women's dorm at 3 in the morning after the fifth game to harass Allay? You weren't there when it happened, but in the sixth game, he tried to justify that behavior by pretending to be trans. I just wanted to let you know that part because I know that Illusioner would never admit that himself," Evoker explained.
Piglin backed up. "What do you mean? Are you trying to expose me? Are you trying to expose Illusioner?"
"No. I also want to say that I was impressed with your creativity in getting to the other side in the third game, and how you tried to get Illusioner in check during the fourth game.You were so innovative, creative, and independent. Just like me. Then, something changed. For some reason or another, you decided to become allies with Illusioner, and now look at you. His behavior has rubbed off on you. I don't see the innovative and clever underclassman that you used to be anymore. Instead, I see an aggressive and egocentric maniac. In essence, you've become what Illusioner is. Do as you wish. Attack me if you want, but just keep in mind that I can, and will fight back. Also, I want you to remember something. Think back to the first time that you and your brother came to the overworld. Just who was it that granted you that mutation that protected you from zombifying?"
"What? What are you trying to say here?! Don't act like you are some kind of genius because of your school project!"
"Whatever. Just take some time to look inside of yourself and realize the kind of person you are. Keep this up and you'll be kicked from the game. If that happens, then you will lose your chance to win the trophy. Find yourself again. Do it for the trophy, do it for yourself, do it for everyone,"
Piglin was silent before she walked away. She took a quick second to turn around and ask a question. "Not to bother you guys anymore, but who in the world is Lena Raine?"
"I don't know who that is. Ask Golden. If anyone knows, it would be her," Evoker explained.
The guards call everyone to the auditorium for the elimination ceremony.
--
Hello and welcome back to the Battle for the Enchanted Netherite Trophy! Last time, Everyone Else thought it would be a good idea to try to serve me the undercooked remains of their own teammate, so they lost. Before I get on to the elimination, I have a notification_importantvery important message regarding the tenth game. Before I decided to host this game, I made plans to go on vacation sometime between the 10th and I believe that I will be returning on the 14th or the 15th. That means that I will be out of town on the days that the 10th and 11th games would be hosted. Because of this, the 10th game will be delayed to the 18th, and to accommodate the larger gap between games, the length for today's voting will be extended. I guess that means that you guys get a spring break too. During this time, eliminated contestants will be able to leave the elimination dorms. You will be under strict supervision from the guards. Any questions regarding this?
"Yes. Who is Lena Raine?" Piglin asks.
A freelance musician from a place called 'Seattle'. Irrelevant to the delay of the 10th game or elimination.
On the topic of elimination, let's start it already. Today, we got 7 votes. Seems like it went down yet again. To save time, I won't be showing comments, but I will list the commenters just to thank them for voting and commenting their voice throughout the game.
I'd like to thank the following users for commenting and voting last time!
TheEvokerQueen
[​Retracted]
Kefaku
BigFatPotat

And to these users for commenting in past votes!
Afap
SEfaught
StarbucksLatias
Slip_
anonpmc4047761
KaiOceansword
SaraTheChef
Zibonzi
greninjaXY
Totodile

THANK YOU FOR VOTING AND HELPING SUPPORT THE GAME! emoji_events
I seem to be getting off track just a bit. Today, safe contestants will get a muffin from Alleviation's cafe. The first one safe is Bee. She is the only one on her team who has never received a single vote. Moobloom is happy hearing this news.
Despite her malicious behavior, Piglin also received zero votes and she is safe! Wolf and Enderman are also safe! Now we're down to Frog, Hoglin, and Cat!
At only one vote, Cat is safe. Hoglin, you only got two votes, so you are safe as well! That means that Frog will be leaving the game with four votes!
Not wanting to pull out her weapon, a nearby guard collects Frog in a bucket and carries them to the elimination dorm. Looks like we have one less amphibian in the battle now.
---

Now onto today's game!

Everyone gathers in front of the cave. In front, there are some furnaces, minecarts, coal, and pickaxes. Today, your goal is to mine some diamonds. The last team to bring me diamonds will be up for elimination. I really don't want to give this advice, but I feel obligated to do so. Anyways, this is my advice to you: Never dig straight up or down. With that out of the way, you may now start mining! Also, there might be some fake diamonds, so be careful.
Piglin looks at Enderman.
"Don't make eye contact with me unless I make eye contact with you first," he says.
"Oh, yeah. Right!" Piglin says, looking down.
"Well, were you going to say something?" he asks.
"Yes... I just wanted to say that I have recently become aware of my behavior during the past few games, and even earlier today,"
"Oh no. What did you do this time?"
"I killed Allay. In front of her friends. And Evoker,"
Enderman grabs a pickaxe and starts to walk down into the mines, Piglin running to catch up with him.
"Ok, but why would you do that?" he asks.
"She was the one who threw a dodgeball at Hoglin in the third game. That dodgeball was what determined our victory or failure! Then, my brother got eliminated for no reason!" Piglin exclaims.
"So, that still gives you no reason to KILL her. Also, why did you blame ME for us losing in the seventh game when you didn't even have to do anything?" Enderman asks.
Piglin sighs and puts her pickaxe at her side. "I just wanted to say that I am aware of what I have done wrong. When Evoker confronted me after I killed Allay, I acted innocent. She called me out, and I didn't want to, and still don't want to admit to her that she was right..."
Both are silent until they run into The Raiders (& the raided) at the bottom of the mine.
"Oh no... This isn't the most convenient. She's right there..." Piglin whispered.
Evoker stared at Piglin before walking away. So did Piglin.
"Whatever. I just need to mine some diamonds. I only wish to carry our team to victory without cheating. I'm going deeper," she says.

Allay and Copper Golem are also down in the mines. They suddenly stumble upon an abandoned mineshaft.
"Do you think there are diamonds in there?" Allay asks.
"I don't see why not. Let's go in!" Copper Golem exclaims.
As soon as he steps onto the hanging bridge that was secured to the ceiling by chains, it began to rock. He quickly grasped onto the chain before the bridge started to break.
"Help! Someone, please help!" he shouts.
"Hold on tight and don't let go! I can see some water at the bottom of the ravine. It's not quite below the bridge, but I'll go mine out the stone and divert it to flow below you! Until then, hang tight!" Allay responds, flying down with her pickaxe.
She mines the stone floor and the water flows all over. Copper Golem loses his grip of the chain and lands safely in the water below.
"Ok, now what? We are at the bottom of a ravine. I guess we can look for diamonds." he says, walking forward. Suddenly, he notices some diamonds on the other side of the entrance of a cave. He doesn't notice the unstable moss ground as he runs over to the diamonds. Allay follows close behind. in an instant, the moss breaks and he falls through. Allay does not hesitate to grab onto his arm, which only made him fall slightly slower, but was able to make a safe landing regardless.
"Look at this place. It is so lush and lofty," he says.
"I didn't know this was down here. Should I go back up and mine the diamonds?" Allay asks.
Copper Golem nods and Allay ascends to mine the diamonds. After she had mined them, she flies back up to the surface to turn in the diamonds to a guard, who approves and marks Alleviation safe. Then, she flies back down to the lush cave accompanied by Glare and Axolotl.

Evoker gets up from a quick break by an aquafier. Her teammates head into a strip mine to look for diamonds.
"Hey, if your arm still hurts, you can stay out here," Vindicator says.
"It's fine. I can still mine. I must carry my weight in the game," she replies.
"Alright. Come join us in the strip mine!"
She walks into the mine and starts mining, but she, along with the rest of her team, had no luck.
"We are at the right y-level for diamonds, but we can't find anything," Pillager states.
"We'll have to keep looking. Then, we need to bring it back to the judges, which might be the most grueling part of this task," Vindicator responds.
They contiune mining.

Meanwhile, Piglin and Enderman are deep in the caves when Piglin spots a single diamond. "Yes! I found one!" she exclaims, mining it.
"Great! Let's make haste and get this to the staff before the Raiders!" Enderman says. "Alright Piglin. Give me the diamond. I'll take it from here and teleport up to where Golden and the guards are!"

"Right on it! Let's do this and enjoy true victory! I-I'm not couting the escape room because those guards made it too easy!" she exclaims, handing over the diamond.
Vindicator has just found a diamond. He hands it to Evoker to bring to the guard since she is the fastest.
"Leave it to me. I promise I won't let this team down!" she replies, taking the diamond. She runs

Just as Enderman teleports up to the guards with the diamond, he spots Evoker running as fast as she possibly can from the cave. He fears that she will beat him to the guards, but she stops to catch her breath.
"I-I need to take a quick break,"
"Now's my chance!" Enderman shouts, teleporting to the guard.
Evoker runs over when she notices Enderman, but she is too late. "No! This can't be. I've failed everyone!"

Vote on a member of The Raiders (& the raided) to be eliminated. Whoever gets the most votes will leave the Battle for the Enchanted Netherite Trophy. Part 9 will be released on April 18, 2022.

Poll ended 04/13/2022 11:24 am.

GoldenScientist
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor