home Forumsplay_arrow Discussions play_arrow General

Big Servers or Little Servers?

1 emeralds18 replies183 views
created 12/26/2012 1:12 pm by Koveryl
last reply 12/28/2012 2:22 am
Do you like big servers, or little servers? I like little servers. It consists of less greifing, and stuff, because everybody really knows everybody. And it's just small, not filled with 289 out of 300 players. So what do YOU guys like, and why?
Posted by avatar
Koveryl
Level 29 : Expert Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

18 replies

12/28/2012 2:22 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragon
Kristyrox
i completly agree with what a poster above said. join a small server with a bright future and watching it grow into something huge is so much fun for me.

Some of you guys are choosing big or small for the wrong reason though lol, all big servers were small at one point, but they became successful. Gotta choose the right one. I've been playing on a brand new server MC.Haven-Craft.com watched it become 40+ in a little over a month. very fun.
12/28/2012 2:09 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
GarretSidzaka
try my medium server!!!
12/28/2012 2:06 am
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
PenguinLover
Little servers for many reasons:
-they have nice and good staff
-they have original plugins
-they have no hackers
-people are friendly
-people see what u say
-you can actually build something without someone coming to kill u
-you can actually find a place to build something
12/28/2012 1:17 am
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
ThatsMyPickaxe
I like small servers, usually they need less upkeep so the mods have more time to find fun plugins, make massive buildings, and just hang out. The communities are also tight, so you know everyone. I used to go on this old server called retrocraft, it was small, but it had a great community, no griefers, and and a nice little town.
12/28/2012 1:01 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
ryguy22691298
I like smaller servers like PVPTEK its norm is about 12-25 people on. The people on it are really trustworthy and stuff to
12/27/2012 12:58 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
dynamito32
small servers are 10x better than large servers to me. You can get to know people, staff or nicer in my opinion, and they help more. The small server I am on has none of the problems you guys have listed. We are a factions server but have very unique plugins that you don't find on almost any other server. The owner is active and very friendly as well as the co-owner. I myself am an Admin, and we do not tolerate abusive staff, and none of the staff know each other in real life. We only have 1 moderator who is a trusted player. We are small, because we are new and no one knows about us. We are trying to get some more active players, but a small player base is better in my opinion. So far we have around 10 active players at a time, and it's going well.
12/27/2012 12:51 am
Level 20 : Expert Miner
excervator
However I do agree, smaller servers tend to have really corrupt/immature staff that are probably recruited because they are friends with the admin. These are the kind of admins I dispise, who let things like abusing powers slide.
12/27/2012 12:49 am
Level 20 : Expert Miner
excervator
I prefer servers I can have fun on, whether it be big or small.
[some of]The problems people have previously said depend on if you like "factions" and running your own "team". if you do, smaller servers tend to be better.

Btw, gangnam style.
12/27/2012 12:49 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
TheArchivist512
I prefer a small server, because even if there are problems, they tend to get worked out faster. Also, staff tend to be more interactive with the players then on large servers, which I find enjoyable. The players are also able to be closer and more familiar with each other.
12/27/2012 12:35 am
Level 41 : Master Nerd
chadsworthe1
I would have to go with bigger servers. You can find more friends and have a better time there! Also everything is more professional and has something special about the server, not just another little faction server like marius said. Also smaller servers tend not to last as long, and aren't as nice.
12/27/2012 12:33 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Artist
Ennen
Medium-smallish servers are best, in my opinion.
12/27/2012 12:29 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
12/27/2012 12:24 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Toast
Epic_Poptart_Cat
Big servers and Small Servers ( I personally own a pretty small server)
Big Servers because: More Players
More killing
Just generally more fun
Small servers:
Nice Community
Smaller community
More time to build a house with out being raided.
12/27/2012 12:20 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
marius_3_3_3
Big servers because small servers are filled with problems. Small servers are small for a reason while big popular servers are that way for a reason.
Small servers tend to have:
-Corrupt staff
-Immature staff
-Abusive players
-Hackers (No ati-hack plugins)
-Unoriginal ideas (Another plain old faction server)
-Really bad looking world
-Little or no good plugins
12/28/2012 1:49 am
Level 24 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
I consider my server small
- Staff are fine
- ^
- Strict rules
- Anti-Xray, Anti-Cheat plugins
- RPG Server
- Spawn took us 4 months to build
- 70 plugins

I'll agree that a lot of smaller servers are crappy, but there are some that people actually put time into
12/27/2012 12:44 am
Level 24 : Expert Pokemon
LeTortoise
The small server I am co-owner on works perfectly, good staff and all. Its only problem is people don't know about us. Also, Bigger servers seem to have more hackers, greifers, and complainers.
12/28/2012 12:46 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
marius_3_3_3
Big servers do not have more hackers mainly because the bigger servers usually have custom plugins to prevent hackers and at least 1 staff member on all the time (same thing goes with griefers). I agree that some small servers may be exceptions however the majority fit my description.
12/26/2012 1:14 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
TheForRealChrisMix97
just small servers but everyonce in a whi;e a medium sized server is fantastic!

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome