Childhood Nightmares!

+snakeonthebus+'s Avatar +snakeonthebus+5/20/15 7:24 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 89
5/31/2015 12:27 am
Lucy_the_Cow's Avatar Lucy_the_Cow
Hey all snakeonthebus here with another hot topic! I was talking to some friends today about the first dream I remember having. Mine involved space-ninjas....Anyways, I was wondering what your guys' childhood nightmares (or just a regular dream) still occasionally catch your thoughts?
Thanks! Catch you later!
+snakeonthebus+
Level 30 : Artisan Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/31/2015 12:22 am
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
alan
i had a nightmare where my mom was some dope-head smoker. she killed all of my siblings and dad, and she would keep coming after me, i hid and i finally had to stab here with my pocket knife
05/30/2015 11:46 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
When I was a little boy (This means younger, I'm still short :3) I was actually afraid to sleep, because I always had nightmares. Here's one of them.

I was in my grandma's house. It's big. Also pretty dark. Prolly victorian or something. So I see this Weedle on the floor. The Pokémon. I was like "Whoa, cute". Then it started growing. Dream!Me was scared. So I ran. Ran fast. Ran out of the house. Then I kept running some more. So I saw, over the horizon, the Attack of the 50-foot Weedle standing (Standing?) on top of the ashes of my grandma's house. Somehow burning. Then I died. Dunno how. So I woke up. It was scary. I mean, I was like, 6 years old at the time. This stuff's scary, ya know?
05/30/2015 11:32 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Magical Girl
sslaptnhablhat
I was traumatised when I was about 5 years old in my old school's swimming pool, it's given me seemingly permanent hydrophobia (I'm serious), but I kept having horrifying night terrors for about a month after the incident (mainly involving drowning). A couple of years ago, I went to a theme park type thing with my parents and fell in the swimming pool. I couldn't swim up because of how tired I was and because of the sudden shock. After that, I had night terrors for about 2 weeks afterwards. Most people don't know how scary this stuff is for someone like me.
05/30/2015 11:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Herobrine8219
Nightmares would describe 90% of my dreams. But childhood nightmares? Let's see... (this is gonna be a long post, folks.)
One nightmare really stands out to me because of how recurring certain elements of it were. So, the dream started with me walking upstairs, past our door (which has glass in it, so it's see-through to some degree), and into the kitchen. My nephew and dad were there drinking soda or something, and I talk for a bit before heading back down. When I do however, there's a face staring through the glass- a stereotypical bandit, with black ski masks and such. This man was very pudgy, with a sloppily trimmed beard. He took a shotgun and shot the glass down, and squeezed through. I quickly ran upstairs while my dad tried to go and see what was happening- he was shot. The man ran towards my nephew and strangled him, and I hid under my parents bed. The man's footsteps echoed as he got closer, which sounded like a heartbeat. I was cowering, and therefore I wasn't looking up. I did, and I saw a shotgun right at my head. Then I woke up.

Next one I recall involves this man as well. I was at my mom's house, although in this dream my mom and dad were there (though they were divorced at this time.) It was fine and such, until I looked out the window. I see an average sized man with a sack of bombs running in our direction. I soon saw many of them, all in ski masks, all with bomb sacks. Whenever one reached the home, they dropped the bag and lit it, killing themselves in the process. After a long while of bombardment, I see the pudgy man in the distance, wielding an axe. He charges forward, swinging it wildly, and as he reaches the house, he smashes into it. He charges straight to my dad, and slices him right in the gut. He soon turns to my mom, chopping her in the neck. That only left me, and I once again ran into the bedroom, but this time I hid in the closet. He knew almost immediately where I was, slamming the axe into the door and breaking it open. I sat there, helpless. He swung the axe, and I woke up.

The third one was in a mall. In this dream, I was older then I actually was at the time, so I was there alone. I was looking around for... whatever, I guess, groceries. Then, an alarm sounds. "Warning, Warning, please take cover imme..." The pudgy man and his henchmen from before break into the mall, with the slimmer men going after everyone else, while the pudgy man focused on me. I evaded him around a couple aisles, until I found a staircase. It led all the way up to the mall's roof, and I was cornered. He eventually made it there too, axe in hand. I slowly backed away, until I just gave up and jumped off the mall's roof. The dream ended there.

This last dream is unrelated to the others, but it felt noteworthy. This dream started with me laying in my bed, typing on my laptop. It was very late at night (3AM-5AM) and everything was fine, until the TV glitched. The TV started emitting a very loud shriek, almost like surround sound, and then it flipped to some emergency alert (you know those amber alerts?). The alert went something like this. "WARNING: Matthew <something>, the kid's losing it, and last week, he kidnapped a little girl. He is in your area right now. Ple-" and the TV shrieked again, before shutting off completely. I heard a gunshot outside, and heard running as I saw a shadow appear right outside my door... then I woke up.

Those are the most noteworthy of my nightmares, while there are some others they aren't worth explaining. Good day.
05/30/2015 9:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Nums-xoxo
I remember when I was little having a dream about the grudge trying to kill my mom (I hated that movie back then, it scared me alot) but I made the grudge go away by giving her a bag of doritos (no I am not playing this actually happened XD) and I remember after having that dream telling my mom and she just starting laughing hysterically and I remember getting mad at her for that
05/30/2015 9:40 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
mica3916
the weirdest dream i ever had was "i dreamed i was cinderella and i goed out of the castle and then all the world was blocky, and a second after , a weird giant appeared and said "Leave", then i waked up. that's when i started playing minecraft, after that, the blocks are not that scary to me xD
05/30/2015 9:30 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
nikh
I still remember this one from when I was like 5, and this was what happened:

There was a toy train that went behind my house, and it gave them out for free. Then it turned into a book train, and I always woke up crying.
XD
05/30/2015 8:45 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
AppleAiden
This is a bit messed up but when I was only 4 I had these 2 weird dreams. Now this was before I knew about violence so this makes it really messed up. I had this dream where I was on a playground up high and I could never get off. I had to keep playing on the playground. Everytime I left I was pierced by several spikes and there was blood. The second is of everything in the room having bloodshot eyes and started talking about the weirdest most messed up topics for a toddler.
05/30/2015 8:35 pm
Level 26 : Expert Grump
IceCream_Sundae
A group of large, tall monsters came to my neighbourhood to kill me and my family; I assume other people too. There was a large table that looked like it was the spine of a dinosaur. They turned others into monsters, after killing them, by sewing people's heads back on their bodies.

I didn't sleep well after that one.
05/29/2015 8:02 am
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
After watching one of the doctor who Christmas specials (the one with the titanic) I freaked out and kept having dreams when those angel robots would kill me
05/30/2015 9:40 pm
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
Not Angel robots, but I think you're talking about Weeping Angels...
Those always scared me...
05/23/2015 2:09 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Pirate
Frog_au
When i was 4 i had a dream of going to kinder and there was a trolley, my mum was signing me in and i was with her staring at it, it ate me and drove off and no one cared i will never know why i still remember this one
05/23/2015 2:55 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
loverboy
D: Aw...
05/23/2015 1:19 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
i used to be terriffied of the disney pixar desktop lamp. i used to have nightmares were it would kill me if i did not go to bed on time O.o
05/23/2015 2:00 pm
loverboy
I thought that lamp was cute. XD
05/23/2015 2:04 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
But it kills the "I" in Pixar! It's a killer!
05/23/2015 1:02 pm
Level 1 : New Network
RainBowCake_123
I had a really, really, scary dream when I was like... 9 I think. It was like this: The first thing that happened was that I woke up (yes, I had a dream I woke up from sleeping) in an empty room, don't remember too many details, but I remember there were explosions outside. Then I walked out and saw my family members get killed by some weird beam. End of nightmare. I then woke up and I was really freaked out by it and I actually had a mini panic attack.
05/23/2015 11:56 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Meme
Faz_
For me, it was usually something along the lines of the movie
Arachnophobia, with spiders everywhere, each one deadly as
the next.
05/23/2015 12:31 pm
loverboy
O_O I have Arachnophobia (the actual fear) so that would definitely be my worst nightmare.
05/23/2015 10:35 am
Histor the Noob
I had nightmares about yellow mud trying to eat me. Wut.
05/23/2015 11:52 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
Looks like you put too much mustard on your steak there.
05/23/2015 12:26 pm
Histor the Noob
I never even ate mustard or steak
05/23/2015 11:44 am
loverboy
IIIIIINTERESTING......XD
05/23/2015 10:05 am
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
Mawgon
I used to have nightmares every couple of days, now I only have them once a month roughly.

My worst dream was one where this stuff that was like bubble wrap consumed my cousin and my dog, then I got lost in this weird maze that had faces on the walls
05/23/2015 10:18 am
loverboy
O_O I'll never think of bubble wrap the same again. XD
05/23/2015 8:20 am
Level 27 : Expert Fish
Blobfish
A huge bird flew around in circles and creepy music stated playing. He didn't do anything, but I remember being really scared of it. I was like 6 then . i dreamed about it like 3 times.
05/23/2015 9:53 am
loverboy
Freakeh! I had a dream that our ceiling fan came to life and chased me around. O_O I was like...7.
05/23/2015 8:10 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
05/23/2015 8:18 am
loverboy
Poor Furry...D:
05/23/2015 10:20 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
05/23/2015 10:34 am
loverboy
I'm glad.
05/23/2015 7:45 am
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Lola
When I was a small child, I dreamed about my teachers being giant half chicken half humans with pecks and they were chasing me and trying to pick on me.
05/22/2015 4:55 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
I suffer from really bad nightmares. Known from Big Daddy in the zombies map Origins, even though I really enjoy it. I still have bad memories and nightmares of eye-glowing zombies in my dreams, and scare me fearlessly.

Although, I also have another set of bad nightmares. I wouldn't really call them nightmares but all of them are what I do not want to do. I have a medical condition where I am ill almost all the time and I am also unable to hardly even walk due to a bad leg, I had since I Was 5 years old. I have dreams of riding bikes, running and falling over at the end. I always flinch in my dreams until I am finally awake.
05/22/2015 4:50 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Grump
+snakeonthebus+
Wow! These are all really cool. Some more strange than creepy, but some really made me think.
05/21/2015 11:58 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
"Return the slab
or suffer my curse"

For those who don't understand
Google it.
05/22/2015 12:23 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
+PixelPirate+
From that show?
05/21/2015 11:33 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Endersteve
I remmeber my childhood nightmare so well, it felt like it happened so recently.

It starts with me, about 3 years old at a fork lane pathway. One way leads to a paradice full of good stuff, y'know, but everything is yellow. The other path leads to a place of depression, black blobs that constantly moan and groan in agony. Because I didn't like the colour yellow (I still don't) I walked down the pathway into the black blobs, then i started to cry.

I feel like this dream means something, if it does i don't know what it means to this very day.
05/21/2015 10:59 pm
The Silver Paladin
Let's see, most of mine involve rooms, and an unknown figure.

I was sitting on the bed in a dark hospital room. It was a 50's Era hospital, so no fancy equipment or anything. I knew there was something behind me, but I couldn't turn around. I knew that I had to look to live, but I couldn't turn around. I screamed for the Nurse and doctor, and they came in, and checked everything out. There was nothing. They turned around, and left. Then, I was alone again, in the dark with whatever it was. I felt it on my back. And then I woke up.
05/21/2015 10:40 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Deja
My nightmares are probably too scary to share...
05/21/2015 11:02 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
Eloquence_
We want to knoooow
05/21/2015 11:03 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Deja
Chuckie + Poltergeist
05/21/2015 11:05 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
Eloquence_
O.o nvm
05/21/2015 10:37 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Goblin
Schnellnut
Once I had a dream where my jaw just fell off with no pain, but in the dream I was worried and crying cause just think of having no jaw.
05/21/2015 9:43 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
My most terrifying nightmare (that I can remember) started out with me laying my head on a round table at a local church, unable to open my eyes. I try super hard and eventually I succeed. But in the corner of the room I am in (think of it as a dining hall/rec center space) there was a big stage covered in red velvet. But on the stage there were evil kids dressed up as various fruits. Once in awhile a trap door would open and one kid would look like he/she was falling into a void but in reality they never moved.

Sounds stupid but I had this same nightmare roughly 3 times.
05/21/2015 10:17 pm
The Silver Paladin
Welcome to the Church of Satan: Reformed.
05/21/2015 9:36 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
xPotatoFrys
My most horrid childhood nightmare was when a mannequin kidnapped me. ;-;
05/21/2015 7:16 am
Level 81 : Elite Witch
Crescendo
I'm not even joking but my scariest dream was probably this:

It was set in my school which has corridors in it that fit together like two squares yeah? But it's a very old building and there are tunnels *rumoured* to go under the school- I am not sure but we have a bomb shelter on site and the building is as old as the war so it would make sense? Probably in the school's history book I should read xD

Either way we (most of my year and other random students I have seen around) decided to play a massive game of hide and seek at night on the premises (WEIRD IKR) suspension of disbelief. However there was this weird monster thing playing with us as well and I kept finding like bodies Dx

Eventually I was the only one left and trying to get out of the school- but because the corridors were in a square I could never make it to the doors cuz the monster would just come out the other side x.x

What was REALLY disturbing however was that is moves so slow! and no matter how fast I ran it would always somehow catch up T.T I was so scared of it and it moved funny and everything but it was useless to run

*and then I woke up* so yeah xDDD
05/21/2015 7:24 am
loverboy
Eehhh....I had a dream kinda' like that. O_O But not exactly
05/21/2015 6:15 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
I remember that my friend and I were outside my house and there was this white caravan. We went inside to see a nerdy looking guy saying we had to stay in there because THE virus (The virus basically just slowly disintegrated the entire Earth) was coming and around where I lived was the only place that was left. The guy also said not to go outside because the air was contaminated with a virus too. I had to go and get the comfort of my family though, so I made a dash for the house. I met up with my parents and then just watched the virus come since there as nothing we could do about it. When it got to our house, it started to disintegrate it, and it turned out there were heaps of white paths underneath our house. Sadly though, it caught up to my mum who was at a dead end path and she fell to her doom. I bawled my eyes out, and I then proceeded to wake up.

Scary eh?
05/21/2015 6:19 am
loverboy
Very scary...O_O It would make a good story or book though. It could be called "The Virus" XD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome