5 day no Electronics Challenge.

Marthellio's Avatar Marthellio10/29/14 10:48 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 47
11/2/2014 4:47 pm
Aegeah's Avatar Aegeah
I recently started wondering how much electronics take up in my life, so I saw a couple articles about this and decided to share it on here, the biggest minecraft addict website known to mankind! So its very simple, this means no youtube, minecraft, snapchat, instagram, all the electronics stuff on your phone and computer, but the only thing you do have access to is here, where you post how you felt from day 1, so basically a short edit every day of how its going for you. Can you resist the urge? Good luck to all challengers!!
Marthellio
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/02/2014 4:47 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Fisherman
Aegeah
The longest I went without a computer was for 2 weeks and I almost went insane because I had to talk to people who I don't like talking to...

Then last night my internet shut off for 10 minutes and I was very stressed until it came back... The internet is my only friend, and losing it is heart wrenching...
11/02/2014 4:34 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
LooseViper
I was posting what happened in those five seconds then my internet stopped for 5 minutes
Will it stop for five days
11/02/2014 4:24 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
Nyxtir
We have computer lab every day at school... Plus the story I'm writing is online, and I really don't feel like counting 1,000 words by hand each day since I wouldn't have a word checker, then typing them up next week.

I'll have to say no to this, sorry. Although it does seem interesting.
11/02/2014 4:12 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
LooseViper
Ugh I can't do this wait i'll do it for five seconds
11/02/2014 4:11 pm
Level 28 : Expert Engineer
48productions
I'm not even going to try. If I did, it would look something like this:

Day 1:
Lost the challenge. I use a computer daily in one of my required classes at school.
11/02/2014 2:45 pm
Level 23 : Expert Spleefer
Lubzy
I did it for five minutes, are you happy?
11/02/2014 4:01 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
Yes, actually. That's a nice achievement.
11/02/2014 2:41 pm
Level 27 : Expert Skinner
coolzzz2hip
I got grounded, and I wasn't allowed to watch T.V or use the computer for 4 days. On the second day my dad felt bad for me and he removed my punishment.
11/02/2014 1:56 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
The truth is it is going to be almost entirely impossible to avoid electronics since it is such a huge part of our daily life. Like even if you cut out purely distraction ones like your phone/computer/games you still are probably relying on other electronics to bathe, feed yourself, and keep warm or cool in your house. Not that it is impossible completely just very difficult.
11/02/2014 2:29 pm
Snowyfox
Exactly. And even if OP was referring to purely distractional ones (which is highly likely), a lot of things these days rely on such devices. It's incredibly easy to live without them, but if somebody claims they can't, I don't really think calling them pathetic is a good idea.
11/01/2014 12:18 am
Level 38 : Artisan Crafter
Chikerenaham
I did this for a month... It was horrible for the first couple of days then after that you can just read or do something else...
10/31/2014 11:42 pm
Level 22 : Expert Grump
Arty
hahahahahahhaha no
10/31/2014 11:25 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Seems interesting. I guess I'll try a 5-day no electronic challenge thing too.
I'll start Monday, that way I can keep track of days better. If I were to start it tomorrow, I would forget how many days it's been, and I'll either fall a few days short or go an extra 10 days.
10/31/2014 10:32 pm
Marthellio
Day 2: Major breathing problems and nausea, because tomorrow is saturday and the idea of sitting around pains me, ow......
10/31/2014 6:20 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
The_Sowhart
I had to go through 3 months of having no internet after I moved house.
it was hell.
10/31/2014 10:38 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Steve
starrynight
I was stuck with DVD players when I moved. Now, I don't actually use it. Oh, well, no more "electronics" for 3 months next year. XD
10/31/2014 6:17 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
DrummerJacob
I doubt anyone on here would have the discipline to take your challenge and not open one single thing except the browser to this page to this forum. Bah, good luck with that. The second you turn on your computer things pop up and mail starts being shown and images and everything and it gets out of hand immediately. Its super crazy addictive and yeah it has changed all our lives.

I come from the 80s, when computers were stupid and we would get more fun playing real golf than MS golf, or we'd rather go dig stuff in the backyard then play minesweeper cause that game is and always was lame....not to mention id rather play Uno or Skip Bo or just Texas hold em anyway over Solitaire LOL. So for me its not hard to separate my life from computers, but for kids who grew up with them being more developed with constant broadband internet connections and high end graphics cards, I can see how it might be tough to entertain your restless minds while you are away from electronics because they make you think faster.

Good luck to anyone who tries, thats all im sayin
10/31/2014 3:42 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
ThatCanadianEh
Too all the people saying they couldn't survive without technology, that's extremely sad. And you should rethink your entire pathetic life.

So I'm up for the challenge.
11/02/2014 1:54 am
The_Big_Dish
Okay try to survive in our age with no phone, no car, no computer, no electronic medical assistance, no lights, no heaters/coolers, no stove, no microwave and come then back and explain again how "pathetic" everyone is lol.
11/02/2014 1:23 am
Snowyfox
Woah woah woah, this is PMC, man. Not 4chan. And TBH I'm very sure you'd be utterly destroyed if technology such as stoves, electric lights, heating/cooling equipment and communication devices are all gone.
11/02/2014 1:42 am
Level 34 : Artisan Steve
starrynight
I think he and this post means like you know, the gadgets, the iStuff and all things that we use for amusement.
10/31/2014 2:59 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Team
I've done this for one day and died.
10/31/2014 2:53 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
I don't mean to boast... but I once went without a wii for two years. Was grounded for playing lego star wars on it 24/7
10/31/2014 2:58 am
The_Big_Dish
grounded for 2 years?? O_o
10/31/2014 3:26 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
Yet my habits never changed. Lol
10/31/2014 2:51 am
The_Big_Dish
Pretty much all my classes require me to use my computer so I could never do something like that. Especially since I have a computer programming class lol.
10/31/2014 2:03 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
I has school though =/
10/30/2014 11:16 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I would have nothing to do. I don't have school or a job and I would rather stay indoors and not have anything to do that to go outside. I'm not a big fan of mother nature, unless I'm reading an article or watching a documentary. My days of doing this would probably consist of:

- Wake up.
- I wish I could text or call my boyfriend.
- Shower.
- Breakfast.
- Sit and stare at a wall until 5:30 PM. Possible art, depending on my mood.
- Eat.
- Sit more.
- Sleep.
10/31/2014 1:49 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
That would basically be the same for me except change "boyfriend" with "girlfriend" and also no breakfast but apart from that pretty close unless i felt like raiding my closest of things i never look at or use anymore lol
10/30/2014 11:07 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
Did this for a week and a half around 6 months ago, get on my level.

I was also never allowed on the computer until I was like 8.
10/30/2014 10:55 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
Pf, I do this atleast once every year since I was a little kid bruh! For a week at least!
10/30/2014 10:54 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Try as you might, you can't do it. Things will come up where you really do need to use electronics. At work for example, or to call someone on your phone.
10/30/2014 10:49 pm
Marthellio
Well here it goes......
Day 1: Feeling pretty good mostly because its Thursday, but having a little bit breathing problems but otherwise I think I'm fine, ummm its very hard to not check my phone right now, even when its buzzing 0_0
10/29/2014 11:55 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
I've done this before. It's when I moved to a house and we had no internet. I figured there's no point using the computer. I also had no phone at the time. And we didn't have cable either. Lol.

Doing this again wouldn't be too hard. I don't play as much anymore, since none of my friends can play anymore so I don't really enjoy playing. The hardest thing would probably be no YouTube, that's mostly what I do.
10/29/2014 11:48 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
I couldn't do it. Honestly my life revolves around technology, I'm not doubting anything, and going simply a day recently (at the hospital staying overnight with someone) was quite unnerving.

No way, no how.
10/29/2014 11:45 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
I've done this for a month before when I got grounded. It was difficult the first few days but afterwards I started doing things such as drawing, building things, papercrafts, and coming up with ideas for games and other programs. I could do it again but it would be much more difficult for me now due to the fact that I am a programmer and game designer. Both require me to be at a computer a lot and even just taking a few days off can put me behind schedule. Although it's not a job I try to treat it as one (except for some Netflix breaks :p ).
10/29/2014 11:44 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
It'd be so much easier if i had friends to hang out with within half an hour drive, but i don't, so i'd go crazy

ps music is best
10/29/2014 11:26 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
ya im alone in this world NOPE sorry if i had friends i would but this is hilarious without friends xD
good luck to everyone
10/29/2014 11:23 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
I've done it before, and my productivity and mental awareness skyrocketed. I felt so much better about everything... But that was before I listened to much in the way of music. I'd probably go insane without music.
10/29/2014 11:21 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Mikeroboblox
Never could I do this.
10/29/2014 11:13 pm
Snowyfox
Pah, this is easy. I did it before. One week, exactly. I don't think I ever broke it.

Can I ask for an exception, though? Am I allowed to use my phone for recording schoolwork? Because I use my phone pretty much only as an agenda (I never really use it for anything else other than taking 5 minutes to collect eggs in a game, which I forget sometimes).

Otherwise, it'll probably prove easy to do. I have tons of books I have yet to read.

Also, another exception; I have Computer Science class, so I'm forced to use a computer in that case. But I won't do anything other than work.

*EDIT* FYI the last time I did this, I didn't have to have either of these exceptions; I never used an agenda, nor did I have computer science. Now these two are school-related responsibilities.
10/29/2014 11:31 pm
Marthellio
Yup, but often by doing one little thing you start doing other little things, which turns into 5 hours of game time, happened to me often before 0_o
10/29/2014 11:09 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
Basic training from May 21st till July 31st.
Yeah, a computer nerd like me survived without the internet for roughly 10 weeks (not counting the 20 minutes of phone time to call home [10 minutes each phase transition]).

If I could do it, ya'll can do it.
10/29/2014 11:08 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
gosh and you post it online with an electronic device

ps i'm not doing it
10/29/2014 11:01 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Narwhal
JakaCraft
this seems horrifying
10/29/2014 10:53 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Cubebreeze
Hmmmm seems legit, Ill join, so like this?

Day 1: (I like burritos)

Day 2: (I like Tacos more)
10/29/2014 10:59 pm
Marthellio
Something along those lines
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome