Do you like school?

Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs19/13/18 2:38 am
11/30/2018 11:22 pm
TheSmallPixel's Avatar TheSmallPixel

Hello PMC!

So right now in the school where I am we're doing research papers on what people think about their schools. As no age nor specifications have been given, I have decided not to include age or country.

So if you could take 10 seconds out of your day to click on one of the options abouve, then I would be really happy as that will help me with my school paper :D

Thanks!
-TomConn
Stubbs1
Retired Moderator
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/30/2018 8:16 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
TheSmallPixel
Hello, sorry for the 3 month late reply, i was dead
uhh in a way? I use an online school program and it has like interactive lessons and stuff, and sometimes i talk with my teacher/teacher teaches me stuff but yeah idk

idk how to reply on your post sorry .-.
09/21/2018 12:34 am
Level 24 : Expert Toast
NitroNine
Homeschooled, bru.
11/30/2018 8:22 pm
TheSmallPixel
oh hey this is how you reply
BOIII me too :D
11/30/2018 10:05 pm
Level 24 : Expert Toast
NitroNine
I'm glad I don't go, because my friend went to school for a few semesters and afterward, he was depressed and he's the most extroverted person I know. Also, I'm the nerdiest person I know.
11/30/2018 11:22 pm
TheSmallPixel
haha same with the “nerdiest person i know thing” im literally the annoyance of the whole family
sorry ‘bout your friend tho, i hope he gets out of depression
And because of all those school shootings and stuff at schools nowadays, im glad i dont go either.
09/17/2018 3:03 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
linkz4real
meh school boooh school i dont liek it
09/16/2018 7:58 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
PolygonFruits
I actually like school. Somewhat. It's usually the teacher that matters to me, otherwise I can do good in any subject if the teacher is not uninteresting and throwing useless work down our throats. I can talk to my friends in more ways than I can online. Plus our school has 'enrichment' classes, which you pick a topic from a short list and you get that class. Engineering, photography, and Spanish are some of the classes.
09/16/2018 6:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Jane15818
I liked school!
Now I feel old (((
09/17/2018 3:25 am
Stubbs1
Heh, we all get to feel old at times, but on the bright side you're still younger than most ;D
09/16/2018 5:57 pm
Level 48 : Master Cookie
PixelBiscuit12
i want to be homeschooled but im not... :(
09/17/2018 3:24 am
Stubbs1
Maybe you could ask your parents, and talk with your school about it :)
09/16/2018 6:47 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
TheWaterGamer
No, the system is completely wrong. In general, you just memorise what you read from a book that you've got you pay for (that you'll never use it again later), then you do an exam answering what you've memorised and then you just forget everything you knew. What's the point of calling it "educational system" if you don't learn?
09/16/2018 1:59 pm
Stubbs1
According to what I could find, the system is made to help you become better at remembering orders, and train you to work at a factory and not ask questions :D
Kind of rubbish system to be honest.
09/17/2018 9:47 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
TheWaterGamer
Yup, in fact it isn't about education, it's about discipline. And discipline, at least for the government and authorities in general, means learning to obey, to not refuse, never question anything (especially authority, since they're superior in everything) and well, that's the system in which you need to spend more than 16 years in. Curious.
09/16/2018 7:49 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
PolygonFruits
It's designed for when the school system was initially created- when factory jobs were great. They haven't done much to change this..
09/17/2018 3:24 am
Stubbs1
Well depending on which country you're in, the school system has changed a lot. I know that here in Denmark the school has been designed to not only promote students who get a 12, but also students whom think outside the box.

It varies from place to place, so we can't really put down a concrete foot saying: "This is how it is!"
09/14/2018 11:26 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sus
amalien
I graduate in like two weeks and have had about 17 breakdowns because of that, so yeah I quite enjoy school.
09/16/2018 5:30 am
Stubbs1
Well, it's going to be worth at least 21 breakdowns when you're finally done with it! :D
09/15/2018 3:35 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
BioPowered
Just started the year. I'm getting worried...
09/16/2018 5:30 am
Stubbs1
Depending on which school, you shouldn't be that worried ;p
09/14/2018 11:22 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
A surprising amount do like it considering this is PMC.
09/16/2018 5:31 am
Stubbs1
I'm quite suprised too about the results. I have to deliver my research paper on Monday, and I've actually had to re-write part of it because people actually liked school :'D
09/16/2018 8:43 pm
Level 42 : Master Taco
spychicken123
lol
09/14/2018 9:09 pm
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
Vepii
I've graduated from high school this year. There are a lot of times where I have enjoyed school, but at the same time didn't enjoy it. I think what parts made me not enjoy it was the state required project, which was a lot harder than any of the other high school projects that I have seen or heard about from other schools, even from different states. Another reason is just from having teachers who purposely gave me or other students, and sometimes even themselves a hard time when it was completely unnecessary. But the part that did make me enjoy high school was my friends and welding in the metal shop, since I have found myself fond of welding and doing other metal fabrication work.
09/14/2018 9:10 pm
Vepii
I do not miss school, but I do miss being able to talk to my friends as often in person as I do now.
09/16/2018 5:33 am
Stubbs1
Understandable, but good to hear you found a passion for doing metal work during your high school years :D
09/16/2018 2:22 pm
Vepii
I'm honestly glad I found it too. I plan on getting a welding job eventually.
09/14/2018 12:30 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
haven't been to school in about... 4 years now.
but, there were times i did enjoy it, but for the most part.. i hated it lol
i was home schooled for a couple years prior to high school, which i enjoyed more.
09/14/2018 5:15 pm
Stubbs1
Good to hear you enjoyed some of it! :D
09/14/2018 9:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
:>
09/14/2018 10:35 am
BioPowered
Final year, huge exams at the end, 7 hours of maths a week, 6 of Biology, 4 of Physics and 8 to 6 hour school days. Oh and I forgot about the stress. So, yes I like it.
09/14/2018 5:11 pm
Stubbs1
But on the bright side, you'll be a lot smarter once you've graduated! :D
09/15/2018 3:43 am
BioPowered
Nah the only difference will be that I have a piece of paper in my possession that says that I finished High School :P
09/14/2018 8:56 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Roblox_Fan123
I don't see how being homeschooled is good?
the only good thing about school is meeting your friends and if you don't have that school must be terrible
09/14/2018 9:06 am
Stubbs1
Check the reply we made you further down :)
09/13/2018 10:01 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
SuperGamer40
I love it! High school is the best. Middle school is the worst. Two rules- don't make eye contact with people who look like trouble, and FOCUS on your grades, and you'll succeed!
09/14/2018 8:59 am
Stubbs1
I feel like your two rules applies really well being in High School :'D
09/13/2018 9:26 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
I'm currently homeschooled so I'm not sure if that still counts. I enjoy my education nonetheless.
09/14/2018 2:24 am
Stubbs1
It still counts :p And nice to hear you enjoy learning! :D
Though maybe you could explain something really quick to me (because I've noticed a lot of PMC users have this) But what is "Home-school" exactly. I get it that it's school, at home but do your parents teach you or does a special teacher come out to teach you? :p
09/14/2018 2:51 am
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
Sure thing. Living in New South Wales, Australia, I follow under the state education department's curriculum and requirements. My mother is my teacher but I have tutors that come to my house for certain subjects as we see necessary.
After a certain period of time (maximum of 2 years), a moderator from the state government agency comes to review the work done by a student over that period. If the moderator is satisfied that the required work has been completed and is up to the state standards, they will approve a continuation of the students registration as a home-schooled student.

In terms of my teacher being my mum, it is a big responsibility and undertaking for a parent to homeschool their child so the parent needs to feel they are capable of doing so. As far as resources, we use a range of books and online programs and teaching sites, many of what schools use.

Each family is different in how they organize and structure their children's learning so there is really no set format but for me, it's a great opportunity.

I often get asked, how will I make friends? Is being home-schooled unhealthy? How can you be social? Well, there are numerous homeschooling families all over the world and most likely in your town or city. I live in a city with over 70,000 people and there is a huge network of 100's of families who homeschool their children. We have all the same exposure, opportunities and education that any kid going to a school does.
09/14/2018 10:32 am
BioPowered
I used to be homeschooled too but I went to school 4 years ago. Funny that the system in Australia works the same as in France or the Netherlands. It is a great opportunity indeed however I also think that school has certain advantages.
09/14/2018 9:57 amhistory
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
I am homeschooled in the US, and things seems drastically less controlled (Even in a 'red state'). Like, there is certain courses that need to be done to graduate as usual (math, science, etc.), but all my mother needs to do is send in a list of what we're doing each year and at the end of the year, the grades. But most districts do attempt to force more, but aren't actually required by law.

As for making friends, I have never had a problem with making them, and I don't really bring up 'I'm a homeschooler' unless they ask where I go to school, as many people have a very negative connotation of homeschoolers. And, since I am homeschooled, if need be, I can pack-up and do it after my other commitments are finished. And since I am not bound to one place, I can travel while still doing my 'homework' (Since all schoolwork is technically work done at home).

Edit: I also quite enjoy school (Don't know how I forgot to put that in).
09/14/2018 9:01 am
Stubbs1
Now I kinda want to be home schooled :'D
But I don't think my parents want that. Also thanks for explaining it to me! :D
09/13/2018 1:22 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Im Iffy 'bout it since Im homeschooled now :)
09/13/2018 3:42 pm
Roblox_Fan123
Homeschool is the worst
09/13/2018 10:43 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
TobyTapper
This dude never homeschooled^^ lol. It's a BLAST.
09/14/2018 8:53 am
Roblox_Fan123
How is that good?
the only fun thing in school is meeting your friends and when you don't even have that that's terrible
09/14/2018 9:11 amhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
TobyTapper
Ok I don't want to start a chat war here over a simple subject, but school is NOT the only place to meet people or have friends. And whats so bad, the it's ok to use the restroom without getting in trouble? Or the lack of grumpy teacher's who doesn't like kids? Oh! Not enough 1 on 1 teaching? Lack of tardy slips? THE principal? The list goes on....

I went to school a few years and it's ok. But I like home school better.
09/14/2018 9:29 am
Roblox_Fan123
I don't like homeschool I think it sucks it would be too boring for me
09/14/2018 8:58 am
Level 49 : Master Nerd
FireBellFairy
actually it isn't terrible. You can have many friends. I was homeschooled for a long time and still got around to talk to people, as I went to playgrounds, parks, i visited friends houses, and hung out with them - Plus, I met really sweet people online who I'm currently friends with now - that I know IRL..

plus for me, the fun thing in school is; soccer, cross country, music, woodworks, etc.
Geography is amazing, math is okay, english, L.A., etc - they're all really fun.

I don't see why people dislike school so much.
09/14/2018 9:10 am
Stubbs1
I believe it has something to do with motivation.
Best example I know is myself - When I graduated from folkeskolen (kinda like middle school in the US) in Denmark, I hated it. It was the worst place in the world. Mainly because I wasn't motivated to work. I wanted to be creative and back when I was in school - Being creative was frowned upon. Like really badly. I got mocked for being creative, not only by other students but by freakin' teachers telling me: "You'll never become anything with that" and such.

So after that my motivation for school was gone, and it took me 3 years to get my motivation back into getting an edjucation.
09/14/2018 9:05 am
Roblox_Fan123
Because it's really boring but necessary
09/14/2018 8:56 amhistory
Stubbs1
I mean, if you're an antisocial person, or have like a "Can't be amoungst people" disorder something, then isn't home school perfect?

You don't have to see anyone at all : D

Let me just correct myself - I just read what Cib said about home school, and maybe you should read it too! :D Here's a copy of it:

Cib:

Sure thing. Living in New South Wales, Australia, I follow under the state education department's curriculum and requirements. My mother is my teacher but I have tutors that come to my house for certain subjects as we see necessary.
After a certain period of time (maximum of 2 years), a moderator from the state government agency comes to review the work done by a student over that period. If the moderator is satisfied that the required work has been completed and is up to the state standards, they will approve a continuation of the students registration as a home-schooled student.

In terms of my teacher being my mum, it is a big responsibility and undertaking for a parent to homeschool their child so the parent needs to feel they are capable of doing so. As far as resources, we use a range of books and online programs and teaching sites, many of what schools use.

Each family is different in how they organize and structure their children's learning so there is really no set format but for me, it's a great opportunity.

I often get asked, how will I make friends? Is being home-schooled unhealthy? How can you be social? Well, there are numerous homeschooling families all over the world and most likely in your town or city. I live in a city with over 70,000 people and there is a huge network of 100's of families who homeschool their children. We have all the same exposure, opportunities and education that any kid going to a school does.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome