My dog just died.

ASF's Avatar ASF5/29/14 7:54 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 69
5/30/2014 10:13 pm
MusaTheLegend's Avatar MusaTheLegend
Hey guys.
So long story short, about 3 hours ago, my black and white shih-tzu, Daniella, had a kidney failiure, and was taken to the vet (she was about 11-12 years old).
Treatment for her didn't have a high success rate, and was very expensive. We decided to make the hard choice and euthanize her, as we wanted her to die as painless and happy as possible.
After, we went to our favorite spot in the canyon and decided that we'd bury her there.

It was sad for all of us, but it was devastating for my mom.

My mom and Daniella had an almost mother/daughter connection. Seeing her holding the dog as it was being euthanized was just the most painful thing I've ever seen.

I want to help my mom out, because she seems really down right now. She could barely look at Daniella's food/water bowl without crying.
I wanted to know if anyone here on PMC has had anything terrible like this happen to them. If you have, how did you cope with it? I really do want to help out my mom.
ASF
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2014 10:13 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer
MusaTheLegend
If you see someone swearing, please DONT QUOTE THEM. It really just took me 10 minutes to do this job (on an iPad), which would've only taken me 1 minute if there were no quotes. So next time, don't quote people like that. Also, just because the guys being a jerk, doesn't mean you guys have to be one too. Just let a moderator take care of it.

Locked for flaming.
/lock

EDIT: sorry for your loss OP, and sorry for your thread being locked. It might get unlocked by a different mod, though. I don't really know what I'm doing
05/30/2014 10:11 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
MagicMan, sorry to hear that, man.

I remember when my first dog, named Casper, died. Casper was a part of my family since I was 1, and died when I was 15-16. I cried for days.
05/30/2014 10:10 pm
Level 45 : Master Necromancer
samus0374
Great, a moderators probably gonna lock this thread just because of one little troll...
05/30/2014 10:12 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Opaleeto
Or they're just going to snip his posts.
05/30/2014 10:08 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd
ColbaltHD
HappyHylianHero
Lar095070
HappyHylianHero-snip-

wow your a jerk

*You're. Go back to playing Pokémon on your gameboy, stupid little kid.

Thanks for the input. Not to be the Lorax or anything, but i'm pretty sure I speak for everyone and no one wants you here. So quit being a Richard and leave.
05/30/2014 10:04 pm
samus0374
HappyHylianHero
Lar095070
HappyHylianHero-snip-

wow your a jerk

*You're. Go back to playing Pokémon on your gameboy, stupid little kid.

What is wrong with you?
05/30/2014 9:58 pm
samus0374
Had a dumb friend who owned a chiuaua (idk how its spelled), and he shot it on purpose with his airsoft gun, but he didnt expect the BB to actually go inside the dog. It died shortly later.
05/30/2014 9:52 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
HappyHylianHero
-snip-
05/30/2014 9:56 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
_Minestar_
I can't believe some people...
05/30/2014 9:54 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Wizad
What is wrong with u?
05/30/2014 9:57 pm
HappyHylianHero
-snip-
05/30/2014 10:03 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pony
Lar095070
wow your a jerk
05/30/2014 10:05 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
05/30/2014 10:03 pm
HappyHylianHero
-snip-
05/30/2014 8:47 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
MatronixPVP
Dont hate on me, but ANOTHER thread? Do we have actual proof?
05/30/2014 8:46 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
punchtree1000
I lost one of my favorite dogs not too long ago and my cousins instagram picture had a comment of her saying goodbye and I could barely read without bawling
05/30/2014 8:45 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pony
Zephen
She lived a long life for a dog. Shows she was treated well and with care.
05/30/2014 8:43 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
ThisIsBurrFTW
In 3rd grade, I lost my uncle, but he wasn't just an uncle, he was like a second father to me when mine wasn't around (My dad was gone for about 2 years)

Well, he was already close family so of course I was attatched, but he was so much more than an uncle, at the time that my dad had left [pre-k] I couldn't pronounce -Uncle- so I called him Unc. -Unk-
Well, Unc had been diagnosed with bone cancer when I was in 2nd grade, and the last time I talked to him was 2 months prior to his departure. :c
I remember my mum coming into my room where I was colouring and hanging me the phone.
"Baby girl, Unc's on the phone... be gentle, he's not feeling well" She said -Something to that effect- and my parents had never actually told me he had cancer, but he was just extremely sick. I talked to him, not thinking much of it, just assuming he was gonna get better as most ill people do. -Ill with a common sickness ex; a cold, flu, etc.- When we were done talking I handed the phone back to my mum and she said a few last words then good-bye and hung up. We hadn't talked almost at all after..
-Learning of the Death
It was Christmas Eve that my parents had decided to sit me down at the table and break the news.
"Jessica, honey, we need to tell you something.." My mum said gently, handing it off to my dad.
"Jessica, we have bad news. You remember how sick Unc was?" He said grabbing my hands.
"Yeah.."
"Well, he died a few days ago. I'm sorry we had to tell you so close to Christmas. It'll be ok, though, he went in his sleep, peacefully." he said to me.
I guess it didn't sink in right away because I was so shell-shocked. I remember going to bed that night, still in a state of disbelief. I remember waking up early the next morning (6:30?? Sometime really early for an 8 year old.) and walking into my living room. My mum asked how I was doing with the news I took a moment to remember what she was talking about... then it hit me. He's dead. Unc's dead. No more hugs, no more kisses, no more visits in the summertime, going to the park, going swimming, watching movies, and no more Unc. I still remember falling to the ground and starting to cry and scream; "I Don't want presents, I want Unc!".

I think the reason is, I never actually got to say goodbye, no closure, no anything. That's why its so painfully imprented in my mind, 24/7.

I understand that remember your mom holding her, while she was being put down, but as long as she was happy and peaceful in her last minutes, that's all that matters, she won't re-live horrible moments leaving, but rather warmth and love, comfort and a warm hugging feeling, will be what she remembers, it'll be painful for your mum and you- I'm sure, but with time you'll learn shes in a better place, shes away from the pain and suffering, but now, just waiting for you at the heaven gates. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you start to feel better. -Burr <3
05/30/2014 8:19 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Opaleeto
Sorry about your dog, I have a dog, and I'd hate to lose it.
As for your mom, I'd recommend just leaving her alone and letting her go through the natural grieving process.
05/30/2014 6:51 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Engineer
NitroAcid
a loss can be sad, one time i lost my bird. but the best you can do, is try to do some chores for her or just let her be, we all get over it soon
05/30/2014 6:46 pm
ASF
I'm sorry for all your guys' losses. And thanks for the continued support, it's really helping a lot!

A bit off topic, though. It doesn't matter how dog is spelt, as long as we can understand what is being read.
05/30/2014 6:09 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Dabeasty
Sorry for your loss. She lived a good, long life.
05/30/2014 6:08 pm
Level 29 : Expert Ninja
Gobul
Awwh, I am so sorry for your loss... I'm sure she was a wonderful dog, and I know how it feels. I've had 4 hamsters in the past which have mostly lived for as long as hamster should, and despite the fact that they were only hamsters, there's still a huge connection between owner and pet. They all were put down when they died except one, and it was heartbreaking every single time. At least your dog died painlessly, rather than dying in pain and sorrow. R.I.P. x
05/30/2014 6:03 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
sorry for your loss.

"Why do you want to make it all about how it ended? What counts is the way he/she lived."
-Stan Lee
05/30/2014 5:54 pm
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
Ashfur4ever
find a friend to talk to! And read the nice comments here! We feel for you! good luck!
05/30/2014 5:50 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
_Hellcat_
I'm sorry for you . What I'd do is get another black and white shih-tzu and name it Daniella. Just pretend the death never happened.
05/30/2014 6:00 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Answer
TheViridian
That's not what you should do, that's only going to make the death harder. Every time you see the dog you'll think, "Oh wait, she died."
05/30/2014 5:55 pm
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
Ashfur4ever
at least spell dog right! >.< LOL
05/30/2014 5:56 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
_Hellcat_
I didn't even write dog. It just seems wrong that you're saying LOL on a dog death topic. Not cool.
05/30/2014 6:39 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
conure
Ikr, not cool at all
05/30/2014 5:19 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
u_suck
I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for you.
05/30/2014 5:08 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
progamingkilz
Get another doge because your doge loved you so much and the doge will want another doge to give doge the love you gave that doge
05/30/2014 4:36 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Archer
I feel really bad bro. Stay strong. I am crying reading this right now. I can't imagine my current Dog Steve passing away.
Best hopes for you and your family!
05/30/2014 4:34 pm
Level 22 : Expert Architect
TehEpicKewlioness
Ninniy As you may know, a few months ago it was winter.

Really? nah.
05/30/2014 4:31 pm
Level 45 : Master Dragonborn
Ninniy
A few months ago, my rabbit died a very slow and painful death. As you may know, a few months ago it was winter. Anyway, my rabbit froze to death because my family neglected my rabbit one night. The next morning he was found dead.

I got over this death with time, however, the existence and de-existence of my rabbit will always remain in my heart.
05/30/2014 3:55 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
I had a shih-tzu die not too long ago. Maybe a year ago. One day, it just stopped eating and went blind. She refused to eat and was immobilized because she couldn't see. She died within hours. She most likely had a stroke. Anyway, we got a new dog. It wasn't a shih-tzu though, because that made us feel like we were replacing her. We got a doberman pinscher. It was really just something else to direct our attention to, and it worked and we really like our new dog.
05/30/2014 3:33 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
epicmcminer19
I wish I could get a dog... however, from hearing all these tragic stories, I don't think it's a good idea to get one.
05/30/2014 3:49 pm
conure
That's just when they die, but they're a really good friend and your dog getting dognapped or anything like that is very unlikely so I'd get a dog >o<
05/30/2014 3:22 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
BaconPeppers
Thank you, I just feel so bad for the others
05/30/2014 3:29 pm
conure
So do I :'(
05/30/2014 3:02 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network

My dog Biscuit died last year. She died of Cancer. (Not sure what kind) Sadly chemotherapy doesn't work on dogs.
I could write more but I would rather not start crying, so ill just leave it at that...
Pic of her

I don't really know how I coped with it, I guess getting a new pet helped me some: I got 2 kittens and now I have gotten a new dog (Max) and still have the 2 cats (Lyra and Bonbon)!

Really you can't do much sadly...
Sorry, hope you and your family start to feel better.
05/30/2014 3:00 pm
conure
Awh I'm so sorry! :'( But when I was little, (I can't believe I did this :'( ) I rode on my little dog and she was really old anyways. She died about a month later, and we buried her out in the woods near my house. We were all very sad. Then my new dog, she had to get surgery, and I didn't think she would make it ;c but she did! I'm glad, but about your Mom... Meh... I really don't know how to help... You could try to get her focused on something else, really happy, to try to get her mind off of her dog. (I'm so sorry about her, again ( ) Like you could take a vacation soon, or go somewhere exciting. Also, I really couldn't thing of anything else. Tell your Mom I'm really very sorry about the dog :c Sorry again D:
05/30/2014 3:00 pm
BaconPeppers
Sorry for your loss. My dog was stabbed by some sicko.
05/30/2014 3:01 pm
conure
Awh that's a horrible way to die sorry about your dog D:
05/30/2014 3:07 pm
BaconPeppers
Thanks, she got dognapped I guess thats what you call it, he ran away and this dude took him and didnt call. Someone saw the the dude abusing him and called the cops. He went home and killed the dog
05/30/2014 3:10 pm
conure
Awhhhhhhhhh! That's so sad I'm so sorry ((((( Poor thing :'(
05/30/2014 2:58 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
Time. Time is the best medication.
Grieve for awhile. Then when it hurts less(month or so) go visit her in the canyon. Talk about her, cry, and then you'll feel better.
For now, hug your mom, make her breakfast(if you know how. Don't burn down the kitchen just cuz Aethroz told you to cook). That's how you can help her the most.
05/30/2014 2:57 pm
Level 22 : Expert Architect
TehEpicKewlioness
Man I have no clue what would happen to me if any of my pets died now. I would cry so much.

So sorry for your loss ;-; When I was 6-7 my cat died, and I remember how hard it was.
05/30/2014 2:54 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
ibo02
I feel really sad, I am a dog lover so I cry for dogs.
05/30/2014 2:51 pm
ASF
Thank you guys again for being nice and supportive!
Just an update: my mom seems to be feeling a lot better now. I showed her your guys' post and after reading them, she was really happy!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome