Feedback & Suggestions for a project

Fokkusu's Avatar Fokkusu5/22/12 10:37 am
1 emeralds 141 4
5/22/2012 12:42 pm
Fokkusu's Avatar Fokkusu
In short; I have an assignment to do, it's taken me 2 weeks to actually start.
I need to create 20-40 seconds animation video sequence thing to both advertise a radio station and get them to like the station on Facebook.

Those were my only specifications I received.

Any feedback and/or suggestions given are appreciated and all will obviously be taken into consideration. Please keep in mind, I'm using Adobe After Effects, I'm not going to switch programs now, nor am I anything amazing with AE.

Video so far;

Of course, the transition is only rough hence the white bar. My teacher did say he thinks I could do a "cleverer" transition.

Draft I made for a possible "end screen";

Of course the URL is too long, so I need to find something else to put there.

Paperwork I've gotten thus far;
http://pastebin.com/B8ZWBVQu

Target Audience
The target audience of the project would obviously be the college students; although the ages can vary among students, there is an average of around 16 – 20 year olds. So the final product must appeal to the younger students and also to the older ones. To achieve this, a clean style should be used to appeal to the mass. Use of neutral colours will also help achieve this. It will also create an elegant and attractive feel if the correct colour scheme is used. To grab attention a lot of colour could be used, however on loop and for periods of time, it could looking tacky and more annoying to look at for the users’ eyes.

Video Specification
Because of the target demographic being primarily still in their teens the video will need to account for this and remain interesting and attractive to get the user to watch the entire video sequence. Although sound would greatly increase the video’s ability to grab peoples’ attention the video needs to do so without that aid of sound because the video may not be played back with audio in usage.
The video also needs to display certain information and make sure the viewer takes in that information, for example the fact that the product is on Facebook. More detailed information about the product will also need to be displayed in a dynamic and catchy way to keep the attention of the viewers and to get a certain amount of information across, successfully advertising the product.
Fokkusu
Retired Moderator
Level 43 : Master Fox