Free Minecraft Recording software?

sackboy198's Avatar sackboy19812/9/11 12:56 am
1 emeralds 695 6
12/9/2011 3:14 am
SoulStealer's Avatar SoulStealer
fact: nothing good is free
sackboy198
Level 28 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/09/2011 3:14 am
Level 39 : Artisan Toast
SoulStealer
Question Answered ...

Locking Thread....

Locking of the thread completed.
12/09/2011 1:12 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
ConquerSo is there a compresser to compress the stuff fraps records?

Like I said, use VirtualDub. Xvid is the best codec around, which you use from VirtualDub to encode your videos.

Sadly, you can't compress while recording (too slow), so you'll have to have the intermediate space to record.

If you need any help with VDub (it's a bit daunting), give me a shout.

-P
12/09/2011 1:03 am
Level 28 : Expert Princess
sackboy198
well 90% of free sofyware for recording or editing suck
12/09/2011 1:06 am
Paril
For recording, yes, I will agree. But it was a two part question, and saying that all free software sucks is a false fact (as a freeware programmer who attempts to make quality programs, I haven't let anyone down yet with MCSkin3D)!

FRAPS is the best recorder, hands down, due to its ability to directly capture DX and OGL, rather than just the GDI information that most recorders like Camtasia will capture, making it incredibly quick. My only quirk with FRAPS is that it records uncompressed, obviously so it's fast, but it can eat up over 50 gigs of space relatively quick (within like 25 minutes of recording maybe, at 720p).

EDIT: seen above about the mic comment - if you want to record audio, do NOT use Skype. Have yourself or a friend host a Teamspeak server, and set FRAPS to record Windows as well as your microphone. Teamspeak's quality is a million time's better than Skype, and adjustable.

-P
12/09/2011 1:01 am
Level 37 : Artisan Droid
Namore77
you can record for 30 days with zd soft freely me and a friend are trying to start an lp but nothing would get us on skype so i used zdsoft for my mic and vid and audacity for my speakers(including skype) which means you can have a good software setup for 30 days no charge
12/09/2011 12:58 am
Paril
fact: above fact is false.

VirtualDub is free, and is probably the best video editing utility you can come across. Mind you, it's pretty simple, but it does allow you to do most of the things you need to do if you just want to fix it up and compress it with a good codec. Speaking of codecs, Xvid is probably the best (free) codec available, which YouTube and most other sites support as well.

My 30-minute long HD (720p) videos are only about a gig a piece.

As for recording, however, you've only got FRAPS, which is not free sadly.

-P
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome