Frozen, Whats so great about it?

SlowMelonz's Avatar SlowMelonz4/2/14 5:00 pm
4/3/2014 10:39 pm
SnowyKaida's Avatar SnowyKaida
So hey! This week in the UK Frozen came out on DVD, and i was considering buying it and was wondering what made it so great?
SlowMelonz
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/02/2014 5:01 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
TheMCBros99
Nothing, a bunch of people thought they could be funny and sing the songs. Nothing about those people are funny. They try to hard and end up making themselves look stupid. (Vine). Don't buy it, when you can watch it online!
04/02/2014 5:13 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
You shouldn't encourage people to watch stuff online, The movie industry needs money to produce the movies.
04/02/2014 5:26 pm
Level 23 : Expert Geek
[]Punish[]
I hate to disagree, but there are more people why buy the movie instead of pirating, and a lot of the times, pirates will actually buy it after they download it (if their the cool ones because who wouldn't want to buy Frozen?) but I also agree with our reasoning somewhat.
04/02/2014 5:05 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
I'm a great fan of Frozen because of several reasons.

First of all, the music is amazing and nobody can meaningfully say that it isn't. I watched it with a friend the other day and he wouldn't admit to it, but he liked the songs a lot.

Secondly, Frozen isn't like other Disney films. Sure, there is a princess and a prince and she falls in love with him but then something really unexpected happens. In fact, there are two twists, which separates Frozen from every other fairy tale.

I have a lot more to say, but I'd rather you watch it to find out; it's worth your time.
04/02/2014 5:13 pm
Level 45 : Master Necromancer
samus0374
Another unique thing how the the ice miner guys friend is a large animal that seems to have the ability to have emotions... *cough* Tangled *cough*

But realy, there was quite a bit of singing and i don't like movies with singing in them so i didn't enjoy it much
04/02/2014 5:06 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
The voice acting is wonderful, The animation is terrific, and it has a good story line to it, rather than, a prince goes to a castle to save a princess.
04/02/2014 5:06 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
deadacct
It all comes down to opinion, really. Not everybody thought Frozen was great for their own reasons, whether they were opinionated or based off of incorrect fact...

To me what made Frozen great was the songs - I loved them! I might actually know Let it Go in two languages...
Also, the characters. Let me cry over how awesome they are, please. Or don't cause I'll never stop.
04/02/2014 5:17 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blacksmith
TheUltimateArchitect
It is the best Disney princess movie I have ever watched!
04/02/2014 5:20 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
I wanted to kill myself.Why?

YOU CANNOT GO 30 SECONDS WITHOUT HEARING A SONG!
04/02/2014 5:22 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Your fault for going to see a Disney musical.
04/02/2014 5:23 pm
Skeltal
I didn't want to,my parents FORCED me.
04/02/2014 5:29 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
The "I wanted to kill myself" is the stupidest thing I've seen. I doubt your parents forced you to watch the film.
04/03/2014 9:42 pm
Level 43 : Master Taco
Son Gohan
6 years ago, my mother tried every trick in the book to force me to go watch Twilight, even trying getting emotional with me about why I wouldn't go see a movie with my nieces and nephews (we were up visiting my sister at the time). I told her she would have to drag me into the theater to make me go. She relented, though I did hurt her feelings.

Looking back, now that I'm 23... best decision I've ever made. Good god that series is horrible.
04/02/2014 5:29 pm
Level 24 : Expert Theorist
SirFinniganIII
I personally, being a teenage guy and all, did not enjoy it all that much. It does have some pretty amazing animation, but did anyone notice how the same face appeared with different people? Plus, they sing the same song about 3 different times with different moods to them (happy, sad, etc.). I have to say, Olaf was pretty hilarious. "Oh look, I've been impaled". All in all, it's not bad. The best way to find out what all the ruckus is about is to go buy it and watch it. It wont be a waste. Even if you don't like it, I'm sure a family member or a friend of yours will enjoy it.
04/02/2014 5:31 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
iSnake
Because Disney that's why.
04/02/2014 5:35 pm
Skeltal
Burned.
04/02/2014 5:40 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
It's a Disney princess movie without being a typical Disney princess movie. It has a lot of singing (of course) but the princess is super awkward, and the main plot is about a sister saving a sister, rather than a prince saving a princess. I thought it was really great, the only reason I watched it the first time was because two of my friends and I were going to see Catching Fire and it was sold out, so the two girls voted for Frozen. I'm a college aged guy and I loved it.
04/03/2014 7:58 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
The soundtrack is what I usually hear people going on about.

When I first heard it, I was unimpressed. Then I saw the movie and my opinion of it improved but honestly it doesn't stand out much from the rest of the Disney fairy tale musicals.

The one thing I did notice about it that I haven't heard in most movies like it was how a few of the songs (the ones that seem to be the most popular) were layered with two different choruses that complimented each other rather than everyone singing the same lines and notes in unison. But while this doesn't appear in very many of these kinds of movies, it certainly isn't new in the rest of the music world.

The story was pretty original for a fairy tale (as far as I know of) and it kept my attention most of the time but I wouldn't say it was amazing. Honestly the story seemed pretty rushed when it wasn't just showing filler.
04/03/2014 8:10 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
argentum alae
I haven't seen it yet, but nothing about the plot is that original as far as I know. I've seen a similar plot in at least two books.
04/03/2014 8:12 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Hardcore-MC
Nothing.
04/03/2014 8:17 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
The Yukon
The movie is bad don't waste your money
04/03/2014 8:20 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Yaminia
I don't understand why it's been appraised so much. Yes, it's "different", but the story just felt weak in my opinion. All my friends keep going on about how it's great and how it's the best movie Disney has ever made while I can't see the charm. So what if she doesn't marry a prince? Even if that's usually what happens, it's not like she's redefining history by doing. People keep making it out like ti's the best thing ever made, but I honestly can't bring myself to watch it now. Because of its massive popularity. It may be my fault for being a teenager and not liking that stuff, but I can surely say, unless you liked the movie originally, you probably won't want to buy it.
04/03/2014 8:26 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
TheOriginalCK
Ok, for all of you saying its great "let it go"
04/03/2014 9:00 pm
Skeltal
Nice.
04/03/2014 8:31 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
why is it great?

it is the first disney movie that doesnt promote love at firt sight

i cant wait for star wars episode 8 darth vader and the 7 dwarfs
04/03/2014 8:57 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
LBUlises1
It's one of the best Disney movies I have seen in a while, most of the past ones are worse than this movie.
#Inb4SomeoneSayingMyOpinionIsWrong
04/03/2014 9:03 pm
Skeltal
karrthus1why is it great?

it is the first disney movie that doesnt promote love at firt sight

i cant wait for star wars episode 8 darth vader and the 7 dwarfs

OH MY GOSH LMAO
04/03/2014 9:10 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
I think here is a nice summary on if you should buy it or not.

I personally find the movie okay, but it isn't exactly my cup of tea.
04/03/2014 9:12 pm
Skeltal
Nice Daft Punk avatar btw.
04/03/2014 9:10 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten

it is the first disney movie that doesnt promote love at firt sight]

[cough]Yes it does[/cough]

[cough]Anna and Kristoff[/cough]
04/03/2014 9:13 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
WritingIsFun
SilverKytten

uhh no.

try again pls
04/03/2014 9:15 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
levi8george
SilverKytten

*Comment removed for epic fail*
04/03/2014 9:16 pm
Skeltal
WritingIsFun
SilverKytten

uhh no.

try again pls

04/03/2014 9:16 pm
Skeltal
levi8george
SilverKytten

No....did you even watch the movie?......Kristoff is just some guy trying to kill elsa so he can take over the kingdom :l

Nope. Totally different guy.
04/03/2014 9:17 pm
WritingIsFun
wrong people. try again mor pls. kristoff is guy who doesn't 'love at first' then gradually likes her. teh guy in the beginning is showing why love at first sight isn't always love at first sight. some peopl can be manipulative.
04/03/2014 9:18 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
levi8george
SilverKytten

No....did you even watch the movie?......Kristoff is just some guy trying to kill elsa so he can take over the kingdom :l

lol - Did YOU even watch the movie? Kristoff is the guy who helps Anna find Elsa and who Anna ends up with, at the end of the movie..

The guy trying to kill them is Prince Hans.
04/03/2014 9:19 pm
WritingIsFun
This is what it says about Anna and Kristoff on the wiki:

Kristoff is such a loner that he is reluctant when Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell from Forgetting Sarah Marshall) asks him to help her navigate the mountain terrain to find her sister. But he knows the area better than anybody else, so he agrees.
04/03/2014 9:20 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
levi8george
[cough]Anna and Kristoff[/cough][/quote]
No....did you even watch the movie?......Kristoff is just some guy trying to kill elsa so he can take over the kingdom :l[/quote]

lol - Did YOU even watch the movie? Kristoff is the guy who helps Anna find Elsa and who Anna ends up with, at the end of the movie..

The guy trying to kill them is Prince Hans.[/quote]
OMG FAIL, XD XD XD I really need to work on my names XD
04/03/2014 9:50 pm
Skeltal
SuicidalZerg
6 years ago, my mother tried every trick in the book to force me to go watch Twilight, even trying getting emotional with me about why I wouldn't go see a movie with my nieces and nephews (we were up visiting my sister at the time). I told her she would have to drag me into the theater to make me go. She relented, though I did hurt her feelings.

Looking back, now that I'm 23... best decision I've ever made. Good god that series is horrible.

You're saying that like you're surprised.
04/03/2014 10:01 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
Guys, I think the guy has enough leverage. Just
Let it go!
04/03/2014 10:04 pm
Level 47 : Master Nerd
jman0111
It's just a movie. Some people refer to it as a life style.
04/03/2014 10:14 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Movies pretty good, voice acting is nice, but its one of those films that get boring if you watch it more than once
04/03/2014 10:32 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
I've watched it about ten times since we brought it home, and I still love it...
04/03/2014 10:27 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
I usually hate disney, but this movie was perfect in every way.
04/03/2014 10:39 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
levi8george
SilverKytten

Psst Kristoff is the guy with the animal not Hans Anyway I would recommend it if your into musical kind of movies, with humor.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome