Global Warming: What should be done about it?

4 emeralds 31 replies 300 views | started 12/06/2017 6:21 pm by Cib Plays
As we burn more and more fossil fuels and continue to manufacture products, the greenhouse gas, Carbon Dioxide is continuing to build up underneath our ozone.

At this rate, we are dangerously damaging our “ozone”, the blanket that stretches across the circumference of our Earth that keeps all our Oxygen contained and prevents us from being pulled into space.

If we preceded this way, Carbon Dioxide will literally burn holes into our ozone.

The flipside:
But there’s also another ending to this catastrophe.

This is if we continue to increase the temperature of our atmosphere, it will turn our seas and water bodies into water vapour, another green house gas.

If this happens it will further increase the temperature of the atmosphere which will drain more of our water into the sky as water vapour and so on.

In the end the sun rays will split the water vapour molecules (tiny little droplets) in half into their original state.

Oxygen and Hydrogen atoms.

Finally this dense cloud of Oxygen, Carbon and Water Vapour will compress on Earth and destroy our ozone.

The solution:
But we can prevent that. Do you have a revolutionary idea? Write it down below.

It could be the solution

Posted by avatar
Cib Plays
Level 21 : Expert Blockhead

31 replies

12/09/2017 1:25 am
Level 1 New Miner
DarkSeer
Well.....Maybe people should use factories,cars etc less often to decrease the rate of CO2 in the air....but however...Global Waming DID help the Earth to be hotter than be a Freezing cold planet
12/09/2017 11:56 am
Level 31 Artisan Button Pusher
Devi The Panda
CO2 is not the freaking cause of it... CO2 is one of the key elements needed for earth to function, why do you think Volcanos erupt so much, it spits out CO2 more than the factories when it does erupt.
12/09/2017 7:05 pm
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
CO2 is one of the leading factors idk what you are smoking. since the start of the industrial revolution humans are estimated to have dumped 2,000 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. volcanoes are estimated to emit 100-300 million tons a year compared to humans 34 billion tons per year....

a great quote you can learn from " Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -Mark Twain
12/08/2017 12:20 pm
Level 7 Apprentice Modder
noodlegamer76
kill my brother, he causes global warming
12/06/2017 11:18 pm
Level 43 Master Blockhead
LeeTheENTP
The solution is to convert to renewable, less-polluting sources of energy, which the world has been (slowly) doing for years.
  • Smaller countries are going completely renewable, and larger countries are cutting back on pollutants.

• Electric cars are now not only reaching the performance levels of their fuel-burning cousins, but also have finally become more affordable in the long-term.

• Though it was also partially due to warmer air this time of year, thanks to the CFC ban the hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica is the smallest it's been since 1988.

Global warming can't be stopped as it is a natural occurrence, but the world is already doing its part mitigate acceleration. The transition to renewables is slow due to both politics and high cost of conversion, but as the technology continues to get cheaper, we'll see this trend pick up speed.
12/07/2017 12:01 pm
Level 24 Expert Pokemon
Knux
Funny. I just had a school test about global warming.
12/07/2017 12:54 am
Devi The Panda
Like Patrick from Spongebob said, "We should take the world we live in, and PUSH it somewhere else!"
No, in all seriousness, the world is capable of healing itself, it's just the fact that we need to reduce how much damage we proceed to inflict on the world so it CAN heal itself. The world isn't a giant mindless piece of rock, it too like a flower is capable of repairing and building off scars.
If Earth wasn't capable of having life such as humans on it, it would've been dead years ago even before pollution went mad.

(Humans cut down trees, burn down tons of crap by "accident" and spill oil and all that is a problem but earth keeps up with it, it takes time, but it repairs itself, so leave it to it's own devices and if it's starting to get worse than oh well... We can't fix what is not broken to begin with.)

We got rid of Aerosols and to be honest that's a major impact on helping earth.
12/09/2017 3:59 am
Level 18 Journeyman Geek
xXGothicXx
What i've always grown up hearing was that, the earth has been "Global warming" since the dawn of time, and that it caused the ice ages. This is personally what ive grown up hearing.
12/09/2017 11:55 am
Devi The Panda
Yeah, earth has it's own cycles it goes through and we can't stop it, and if humans believe they need to take it upon themselves to stop something that is normal than we aren't as intelligent as "we" believed.
Earth has been this way since, like xXGothicXx said, "The dawn of time". People don't understand that Earth doesn't need anyone bet itself to repair and reconstruct itself, to evolve.

So if you believe that humans are destroying the earth than do something but don't interfere with Earth's cycle...
12/08/2017 6:21 pm
Level 21 Expert Blockhead
Cib Plays
Exactly I completely agree. We (very generalized) don't allow our planet to heal.
12/07/2017 12:55 am
Devi The Panda
You know how when someone yells at you for trying to help them fix something you broke? That's kinda what I'm trying to say in this comment... The world doesn't need our help to fix it, but to reduce the damage that is already inflicted.
12/06/2017 11:02 pm
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
there isn't a single scientist on earth who thinks the earth will EVER in the next 50 millennia EVER get hot enough to "vaporize" water. my uncle is an oceanographer who works for NASA and the US navy. the earth has heated up 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit or .8 Celsius in the last 30 years. the worst predictions are that in 1000 years the earth will have heated up 7 degrees. I am a firm believer in global warming and i think legislation needs to be passed, but i also believe making up facts isnt going to help anyone
12/06/2017 10:16 pm
Level 33 Artisan Fish
CHorse
Well for one we gotta take care o the ignorance; altho hoo-mans by definition are ignorant. My idea is that we make new laws that reduce emissions, and provide grants for scientific advancements in the field of renewable energy. Altho with our current president, good luck getting anything past him.
12/06/2017 10:58 pm
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
what caused the ozone layer depletion was the general use of chlorofluorocarbons as aerosol propelents. legislation to ban the use of them was passed 40 YEARS AGO!. get with the program the ozone layer is the healthiest its been is 30 years
12/07/2017 11:26 am
Level 33 Artisan Fish
CHorse
Wait, what? Where'd I mention CFCs? I'm talking 'bout greenhouse emissions.
12/06/2017 11:40 pm
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
I apologize for critiquing everything you say but its so blatantly wrong that i have to. If hydrogen and oxygen were ever compressed they would re-bond into water despite this hypothetical "2000" degree temperature that you completely made up. there is no such scenario of "oxygen and hydrogen" crushing earth. they would revert to steam which is compressible and if compressed enough would turn back into water so this makes no sense

I believe in conversation about global warming and i think something needs to be done, but saying moronic things like this just tends to give the other side an opportunity to point and shout "look those climate change idiots don't know what they are talking about!"
12/06/2017 10:51 pm
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
cib i like you but the ozone layer has almost fully recovered from the hole we made in it and the ozone layer has literally nothing to do with global warming (like at all (like not even a little)). the purpose of the ozone layer is to stop harmful radiation from reaching us humans. this kind of highlights your complete lack of any knowledge regarding global warming. in a statement from NASA they said the ozone layer is the best its ever been since 1988

what keeps our atmosphere from leaking into space is gravity.......

the concern with radiation is anything above a certain frequency is known as ionizing radiation which has enough energy to knock electrons off of atoms it collides with making them into ions hence the name. if those atoms happen to make up your dna then your in trouble arent you. this is the problem with "radiation" in general

honestly im wondering if this is a troll post.
12/06/2017 9:53 pm
Level 13 Journeyman Architect
Spatizimer
Global warming is natural, but we increase the rate of global warming by burning fuels, etc. I think we should use more renewable energy sources, like wind and solar, even though they are expensive at the moment.
And yeh, people need to stop smoking because the carbon monoxide also contributes to global warming.
12/07/2017 12:19 am
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
most argue that the effect of smoking on global warming is negligible. Some even argue that smoking helps reduce global warming due to the white particles it generates. all agree smoking does not cause global warming
12/07/2017 8:54 pm
Level 13 Journeyman Architect
Spatizimer
huh. i thought smoking contributed to global warming.
12/06/2017 8:46 pm
Level 17 Journeyman Architect
PixelNinja112
Not sure much can be done, it's already too late unless there is some sort of revolutionary technology or GMO tree that can rapidly absorb carbon dioxide and turn it into oxygen. Though I do think some good thing to do would be: lower global meat consumption, because cows and other livestock produce methane gas from digestion, which is pretty bad for the atmosphere. Lose our dependence on oil and coal, especially as if the wells run out we're gonna be in big trouble. Switch to hydrogen power for our cars and vehicles, because that would lower a ton of emissions. And if it's possible, someone should try to make a GMO tree that can absorb several times as much carbon dioxide as a normal tree, and make it into oxygen, or just one that can grow fast and get rid of carbon dioxide faster.
12/07/2017 2:27 am
Level 21 Expert Blockhead
Cib Plays
If we keep this attitude what's going to change?

Do you just want Earth to die?
12/07/2017 9:10 am
Level 22 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
One could start by taking on the highest producing country.

Without that, other efforts are virtually wasted.
12/06/2017 11:25 pm
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
there are currently a few theories for curing global warming none of which are being taken seriously. most of these ideas have to do with geo-engineering which personally i find to be ridiculous. one "brilliant" idea proposed by one of my uncles colleagues is to increase the albedo of earth. essentially this "idea" calls for making earth more reflective. what this woman wants to do is literally dump glass spheres into earths oceans which will then reflect incoming sun rays and make earth absorb less sunlight and therefore heat. personally i find this stupid because it would only reflect light below a certain cut off frequency which in this case is visible light. but while visible light would be reflected visible light only makes up a very small fraction of the heat we get from the sun. the vast majority is from non visible frequencies which would not be reflected. also there is the issue of removing 300 million tiny glass spheres after we cool the earth back down. there's also the issue of plants under water needing sunlight.....

sadly congress has granted this idiot the funding she needs to waste everyone's time

my uncle told me that this chick is so crazy that when conventions are held for climate change scientists they never invite her and once she was told not to come
12/06/2017 9:38 pm
Level 18 Journeyman Architect
CaesarTesta
I read about hydrogen powered cars. Hydrogen combined oxygen would give you hydrogen 2 and then it could burn, the problem was that you needed to control the flow of the hydrogen being released because it would burn up all at once if the flow was to fast. But you'd still use plenty of oxygen to solve the problem, but in time would help I think.
12/06/2017 11:11 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
12/06/2017 7:47 pm
Level 22 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Whatever it is, start with the #1 contributor. No, it isn't the US.
12/06/2017 11:31 pm
Level 31 Artisan Soldier
Acier Builds
if we want to be technical the number one contributor to global warming is actually cows

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome