Guide to Vocals

foxararma's Avatar foxararma4/23/13 6:58 am
1 emeralds 206 7
4/24/2013 6:32 am
Exurbia's Avatar Exurbia
Want to become a great singer? Possibly the leader of a band, already in a band or just want to annoy the crap out of your parents with your talent? The list below shall provide some tips.

1. Rarely use the same word twice (Complex words) in most sentences: As the statement suggests; avoid using complex words twice for a few sentences at a time. A big violator of this tip are those crappy songs with 'love' every 4th word. Not only does it show you cannot provide anything new; you look like a broken record.

2. Have meaning in the lyrics; do what many bands failed to achieve: If you provided another mainstream song with nothing more than just for the hits, you've not only failed, but you've also branded yourself as a douche among the audience.

3. Wait for your balls to drop: No one likes squeaky voices mixed with talent-filled musicians. If you decide to become another Justin Bieber, I hope your career fails before it begins.

4. Clichés, clichés everywhere: What's worse than over-mainstream music? A cliché filled hit. If you cannot provide anything new, you should stop. Seriously, stop before you show us how horribly you can scream in the microphone while claiming it's 'talent'.

5. Never use your band solely for cover-songs: Want to make a band consistent of music 'covers'? Go away please. It probably sounds better from the original band in the first place. We don't need the squeaky, the lyrically failed and fame stealing version of the song by the same singer/band.

6. Parodies songs probably suck more than the original: Unless you manage to acquire machinery that provides options for vocals that would instantly get girls' into your pants. Don't attempt it. Please, don't. Youtube videos with horrible parodies of the song should already drop the hint.

7. Just because you won a bloody competition doesn't make you full of talent: One Direction has provided a sole example why you should NEVER become a band through a dodgy competition. Not only will you gain the 'wrong' kind of attention. You will be internally hated by your fellow band members for the crap you got them into.

8. MAKE IT RHYME, DAMN-IT: What's worse than robotic voices? Horrible sentences that bleed the ears. Rhyming makes the sentences flow like water. It makes the listener less likely to leave the concert room.

9. Cannot find a rhyming word? Pronounce it differently: If you cannot find a word that fits with the song, find one that can be pronounced differently to trick the listener. Not only does it help the lyrics slip out, the audience will rarely notice this trickier.

If you can follow those helpful tips, you will be golden at your singing career. Infact, this list could improve a few careers of failing singers. I'm so damn awesome.
foxararma
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/24/2013 6:32 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
Locked.
Please do not flame/argue.
04/24/2013 6:24 am
foxararma
Snowylips.... I don't get to have opinions because I'm a contest jugde? I was a judge back in September, for blogs. Doesn't mean I'm judging anything now. Also, my comment isn't derailing your thread. While it may not be the topic you intended it to be, it's about a topic that you chose to write about. The best kind of critic is honest. Was my post not honest?

If honesty is your 'game', you've failed it in every aspect. One Direction sound like parrots being smacked with mallets, while chocking on seeds. If that's classed as 'good singing', I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Also you probably are bias to other critics since you've been exposed to being one yourself. Competitions (especially [insert country here] Has Talent shows) don't have manly judges. They'd let a frigging 5 year old win because his voice is more squeaky than a chew toy.
04/23/2013 8:11 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
.... I don't get to have opinions because I'm a contest judge? I was a judge back in September, for blogs. Doesn't mean I'm judging anything now. Also, my comment isn't derailing your thread. While it may not be the topic you intended it to be, it's about a topic that you chose to write about. The best kind of critic is honest. Was my post not honest?
04/23/2013 3:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
krannda
I don't really see how this is a "Guide to Vocals" when the majority of the post doesn't really detail much about the vocals itself but rather on what to do/not to do to to become a successful/great artist (at least in foxararma's opinion).

Misleading title is misleading.

On another note, I do agree with the posts above. I'm not a Directioner but I do think 1D has talent. They blend pretty well together as a group and their song choices aren't all that bad apart from a few that I found boring.
04/23/2013 10:56 am
Level 29 : Expert Lego Builder
Mercurythedark
foxararma
Snowylips
foxararma7. Just because you won a bloody competition doesn't make you full of talent: One Direction has provided a sole example why you should NEVER become a band through a dodgy competition. Not only will you gain the 'wrong' kind of attention. You will be internally hated by your fellow band members for the crap you got them into.

Dodgy competition?
No offence, but you're just a one direction "hater". I HATE having to use the word, but it is fitting in this case. While you may not agree, 1D CAN sing. They may not sing what you like, or you might just hate them with following the "craze", but you really can't deny that they can sing. They can. You just don't like their style.
Also that "wrong attention" is what you consider to be "wrong". They're incredibly successful and popular, I would think that it's the "right" attention, even though some people wouldn't agree.

Sir, you cannot have comments on 'competitions' for you're a contest judge. Bias opinions shouldn't derail my thread. Because you believe you're the correct kind of critic.

I agree with snowy, I may not like 1D but they can sing, probably better than you, and this is not a contest, so may you please so respect to our fellow member.
Mercy, teh awesome
04/23/2013 7:22 am
foxararma
Snowylips
foxararma7. Just because you won a bloody competition doesn't make you full of talent: One Direction has provided a sole example why you should NEVER become a band through a dodgy competition. Not only will you gain the 'wrong' kind of attention. You will be internally hated by your fellow band members for the crap you got them into.

Dodgy competition?
No offence, but you're just a one direction "hater". I HATE having to use the word, but it is fitting in this case. While you may not agree, 1D CAN sing. They may not sing what you like, or you might just hate them with following the "craze", but you really can't deny that they can sing. They can. You just don't like their style.
Also that "wrong attention" is what you consider to be "wrong". They're incredibly successful and popular, I would think that it's the "right" attention, even though some people wouldn't agree.

Sir, you cannot have comments on 'competitions' for you're a contest judge. Bias opinions shouldn't derail my thread. Because you believe you're the correct kind of critic.
04/23/2013 7:20 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash

Dodgy competition?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome