How to make a popular server?

killerninjao1o's Avatar killerninjao1o3/30/13 4:08 am
5/5/2013 1:10 am
123delete's Avatar 123delete
Hey guys I just opened my server 2 days ago and was wondering how to make it popular. Like get more people on it. I know you can post on pmc[wich I do] but most of the people ask for OP and leave. Are there any other ways to get people on your server? If you have a secret way please let me know!
killerninjao1o
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/05/2013 1:10 am
Level 1 : New Cake
123delete
Be a nice owner maybe?
04/04/2013 12:56 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ninja
XXpixXX
You cant just get "popular". You will have to wait. Like on youtube. Look how long it took famous peolpe to get where they are atm. :3
04/04/2013 12:00 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
killerninjao1o
Thanks for all the feedback
04/01/2013 10:15 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Steve
BigDaddy
Think of an original idea. The world doesn't need another "[1.5.1][SKYBLOCK][HG][SURVIVAL][CREATIVE][GREATSTAFF]AnotherServerCraft -(JOIN NOW!!!)-" type of server. If you make up a new type of gamemode, or a new mini game, people will be more likely to join. Also, make sure your server's announcements, website, etc have good grammar and look professional. No one's going to join "my great server ! Join 2day !".

Let me know if this helped!

-BD
04/01/2013 10:13 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Canadia
Don't be expecting a popular server, and don't get greedy.
04/01/2013 10:11 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
Make people sign up to something and in return you can give them a kit which they can get something every 24 hour or whatever.
04/01/2013 9:56 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
Step 1: Be sure your server is fun and worth playing
Be a player for a day and see it from their view, is it fun and engaging? If not make it so!

Step 2: Advertise!
Just look for server lists and forums, make a banner and set in as your signature, create a referral system, reward players for voting!

Step 3: Be sure the experience is enjoyable
Be sure that there is no server caused lag, that will turn players off, as well as downtime, if you have the money get hosted and buy a domain name to look more professional

Step 4: Get an online presence
Lots of people cannot be on the server 24/7, but allow them to read up on the latest news when they can't be! Create a website using Enjin or another CMS such as WordPress

Step 5: Get returns
Try to set up some modest donation perks, and save up that money to buy things for the server such as custom banners, plugin developers, and better hosting! Don't be greedy about this money, if you get a little in return you might be able to get more if your server succeeds!

General Tips
Don't give stupid donor perks, such as OP, Fly, Creative etc.

Be unique! Have a new vision and more players are bound to come!

Don't give up! I have ran a server for over a year and a half, and until recently not many players have joined, but now I get on average 80 players a day

Be professional! This is a MUST! Use proper spelling and grammar, and be sure your staff does too, be sure not to rage at others no matter what!

Have fun! What is the point of owning a server if you don't get joy out of running a community? Administrating a server isn't for everyone, if you don't enjoy it then just play Minecraft, and maybe become a moderator on a server

I wish you the best luck on your endeavours! I will be "open-sourcing" my server soon and I would love to show you what plugins I use and some other tips, be patient because it won't come easy without time and dedication put into it, I have easily spent $400 on my server in the last year

(Written pretty fast, not 100% thought-out, but regardless these are things you should do for a good server)
04/01/2013 9:45 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Necromancer
creeperinmyhouse
also give people rewards for advertising your server, like give them a stack of diamonds for posting a video on and you should get more people to join.
04/01/2013 10:09 pm
RiotShielder
Bad idea.

Let me tell you why; Nobody likes a bribe server, as in if you have this talent, exploit it and we will reward you!

This leads to players becoming uninterested and thus leaving to find another server, nobody likes seeing "Vote for our server and get 10 diamonds!", except for players, in which once again, will lead to them becoming uninterested.

A thing such as, vote and get 2 diamonds would make sense, as it is a decent amount to make you want to vote, however it isn't simply overpowered into making an inflated economy as well as bored players
04/01/2013 10:14 pm
creeperinmyhouse
i guess that makes since
04/01/2013 10:12 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Ranger
Shadow_the_mango
Unless you vote on many different sites just to get said diamonds.
E.g. Vote on one site get diamond, vote on another, get more.
04/01/2013 10:15 pm
RiotShielder
In which case you still end up with said issues, although I personally do it
100 crystals (Our currency) per vote
5 Sites
Donate once per 24 hours
Which mean 500 Crystals a day, and 3500 crystals a week, which translates to about 12 diamonds a week or a little more than 1.5 diamonds a day.
04/01/2013 9:44 pm
creeperinmyhouse
our server used to only get like 5 people usually on at a time, and today i just wen to different websites like minecraftservers.net or minecraftservers.org and just put our server there, and today alone i got another 100 people on our server, so i would post your server on more than just pmc
04/01/2013 9:42 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Hunter
mnspoonmc
I have the same problem. Please help!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome