I'm going to start a story about if Germany won WW2

JustAnNCRRanger05's Avatar JustAnNCRRanger055/24/18 9:49 am
6/6/2018 9:50 am
JustAnNCRRanger05's Avatar JustAnNCRRanger05
This story is going to set in Nazi-occupied America, Britain and Russia. Feel free to give me ideas.
JustAnNCRRanger05
Level 50 : Grandmaster Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/06/2018 9:50 am
JustAnNCRRanger05
This is the story has of 06/06/2018
https://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/a-brave-new-world-4133247/
(It's going to be a collection of mini-stories within occupied territories, I'm focusing on the American stories first, then I'm going to move on to Britain and lastly Russia)
05/29/2018 2:57 pmhistory
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
The video game Wolfenstein also had a similar plot. It also has robots and crazy weapons. Not to say that the real war didn’t (i.e. exploding pancakes and pigeon-guided bombs).

In in my opinion, World War II is the most fascinating event in history so far. But because of that, a lot of people put their own spin on it, especially the “what if” situation. Look outside Germany and even the war itself. Many other events occurred within that period. The conflict with Japan and the stories of the Holocaust are very interesting and highly-emotional events that I like to study. Maybe you can do something with those events?

You can also look at other events in history like the Cold War, the Vietnam War, the Tiananmen Square riot (PM if you need more info.), and the divide caused by the Berlin Wall. It would be cool to see what would change if these events were altered.
05/29/2018 2:27 amhistory
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
Intrigued, tell me when it's out please.
05/27/2018 2:47 pm
Level 24 : Expert Artist
raisa
Interesting. but not something I'd personally read.
05/25/2018 4:19 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
piglover6349
very intriguing
05/24/2018 2:38 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Hmm... Sounds intresting. You should consider watching: The Man in The High Castle or reading the original book.

In short: It all takes place in an alternate time line where Hitler won the war (Despite his many errors).
In this time line Germany and Japan are the two only powers in the world. The story (from the book I've read) follows a guy named: Robert "Bob" Childan who owns a store that sells (in this time-line) Old American artifacts, and I don't wanna spoil too much because I love the book and the series! :D

But you can read a little more about the book here if you want to ;p https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle#Plot_summary
05/25/2018 3:36 am
JustAnNCRRanger05
I'm thinking about it. ;)
05/24/2018 11:28 am
Level 26 : Expert Creeper
ItsDaCreeperOfficial
There is already book (and tv show) about that:

The Man in the High Castle
05/24/2018 10:06 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Plausible idea I suppose, but consider this. If you want to do it accurately, there must be changes to your premise. If not, carry on and ignore me.

In world war 2, one of the key Nazi errors was overexpansion. This was especially true in Russia where they overextended their supply lines. With that in mind, it would be a pain in the ass to properly occupy all of Russia, as well as all of Britain and retain control over basically all of Europe while also influencing Africa and the Middle East. Japan could keep a nice lock on Asia, but that would leave little to practically occupy America. And this is where you have the serious problem. America is huge. There was so much more to America in world war 2 than just armies. If Nazi Germany attempted to expand into America (which, to my knowledge, was never the goal) then they would have basically no male members of their population left after the initial small war that would start, and barely enough women to keep anything running. In short, they'd be massively overextended, and would depend hugely on allies just to have manpower for occupation. Even then, there would be the persistent resistance that I think would be inevitable in (what would now be) cold war era America. The Axis would simply not be able to hold America properly, if they could even dismantle its government in the first place. There would, at the bare minimum, be a few decades necessary for the Axis to replenish (yes, the entire axis, not just Germany). And by then America will have built its defenses as well.

But this is going by theoretical historical plausibility, so feel free to ignore me.
05/25/2018 3:54 amhistory
JustAnNCRRanger05
In this alternative timeline, the Italians defeat the British and Americans in North Africa and established the Second Roman Empire in 1943. The Nazis develop the A-bomb and drop it on important targets in Russia (e.g. Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, basically anywhere of military importance), the interim Soviet government, headed by Molotov surrenders. The Germans then use Russia to transport troops to help the Japanese take full control of China, meanwhile, in Britain, the RAF has been almost destroyed due to the Germans using the Messerschmitt Me-262. Churchill then broadcasts fearing an invasion to the British forces all around the world saying "We have no other option than to surrender" the Germans pick it up and send 1000 men from the 1st Parachute division and 500th SS Parachute Battalion to establish a German puppet government. The American airmen/soldiers present in Britain are evacuated has one last act of resistance against the Germans before the full conquest of Great Britain. But the U boats sink the American ships having been told that they carry American soldiers by a mole. (To be continued...)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome