I NEED Help With Creating A Server!build

Mrgoldy's Avatar Mrgoldy7/8/20 7:37 pm history
1 emeralds 89
I've been working on trying to make my server public for more than a couple hours now and I'm in frustration. I have excluded the default port (25565) in the firewall settings, I've set up the server exactly like in tutorials on youtube. One thing is frustrating me more than anything else. If you have managed a public server before, you know you need to forward the port so that people outside your router can communicate with your server. In my router settings, however, I just have the option for ipv6 port forwarding and it doesn't even ask for the ip! I need to write the MAC address. It is driving me nuts! I've even looked up for guides on my router settings and everyone has ipv4 port forwarding on the same router and same router software which I don't have. Can someone who is experienced with this topic please help me? One thing to add, I tried troubleshooting the forwarded port to see if it responses, but bad news. It doesn't work.

Edit: The server fully works in my local network so there is no problem with the server. Some friends outside my country tried to join and they got "Connection timed out. No further information." which means there is a problem with forwarding the port.
Mrgoldy
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter