Making a Cosplay

kawaiitoast's Avatar kawaiitoast10/22/14 12:26 am
1 emeralds 237 4
10/22/2014 4:32 pm
kawaiitoast's Avatar kawaiitoast
So I want to be Asuna from Sword Art Online for halloween, but the thing is I've never really done a cosplay before. I have an idea of the basic things I'll need to make the costume, but other than that I really don't know what to do. Anyone who has done this type of stuff before give me suggestions on how to make a good costume without spending too much money?

Thanks
kawaiitoast
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/22/2014 4:32 pm
kawaiitoast
The_Big_Dishimg3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121231183633/sao/es/images/f/f5/Asuna_ACD_1.png
this outfit??
Well I have not seen sao but just looking at google her outfit is a little bit complex in certain areas. do you know how to sew? that might be very handy. If I were you I would buy basic clothes then modify them to look like her costume. Like find a white turtleneck dress and cut out the parts to fit how her costume looks. But if you can't find that you could always just use a normal white turtleneck shirt and cut out the arms then find a white skirt and cutout the front.

If you can't sew you might be able to get away with gluing on parts, or just coloring them on with a permanent fabric pen or using permanent ink of some kind.

I've already started working on it and I am using "normal" clothes and adding on the necessary things to make it look like her outfit. I have mediocre sewing skills, but so far I've made the main parts without any needlework.
10/22/2014 1:27 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... _ACD_1.png
this outfit??
Well I have not seen sao but just looking at google her outfit is a little bit complex in certain areas. do you know how to sew? that might be very handy. If I were you I would buy basic clothes then modify them to look like her costume. Like find a white turtleneck dress and cut out the parts to fit how her costume looks. But if you can't find that you could always just use a normal white turtleneck shirt and cut out the arms then find a white skirt and cutout the front.

If you can't sew you might be able to get away with gluing on parts, or just coloring them on with a permanent fabric pen or using permanent ink of some kind.
10/22/2014 12:28 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Well first off, what's your definition of "spending too much money"?
Also which "Asuna" were you thinking of? Aincrad, Alfheim, 2nd Alfheim, etc
10/22/2014 4:31 pm
kawaiitoast
The original one from Aincrad, sorry I should have mentioned that
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome