Middle School Presidential Elections

ZENUMIST94's Avatar ZENUMIST945/8/14 7:37 am
1 emeralds 228 2
5/8/2014 8:06 am
MatronixPVP's Avatar MatronixPVP
I have upcoming executive student council votes, and I would like to know everyones' opinions on my speech. Could you please comment some feedback?

Thanks!

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Rethink. 4 small words with huge potential. I, Alex Choi, am ready to take on more responsibility, new challenges, and encourage students to take action in our school and community. I will bring new ideas into XIS, have an open mind, love suggestions, and make sure things get done. The position as Student Council President is not a fancy title, but a commitment that requires hard work. Today's election is of importance to the future of XIS; we need strong leadership that will take action and get results.
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Rethink, is not just a slogan, but a way of life that can do a lot for our school and our community. Reduce: The number of boring dances and same festivities that happen every year. We could have variety of different events, such as Gaming competitions, Water balloon fights(House against House) in the weekends, or student votes, for different ASPs, events, etc. The possibilities are endless, and the choice is yours. Reuse: instead of throwing everything away to start fresh next year, we should start a few collection boxes. Got a protractor that you don't need? Give it to a teacher for next year. When kids do a research report, we print so many articles that get thrown away. Save those resources for others to use. We could have the librarian collect these essays, and tell you which ones are best, and what books you could use along with it. Recycle: Recycle doesn’t always mean changing a bottle to a coke can, or scrap metal to iron. It means to alter or adapt for new use without changing the essential form. We could use the old tennis court next to the soocer field into a floor hockey arena, or a small sports equipment shed. Rethink: The coffee shop. We have some great food, but we are constantly out of what you guys want. Even with health standards and needing to earn profit, we need more variety.
I hope my professional demeanor has shown you that I am ready to take on the role as Student Council President. I have earned the trust of many faculty members and students alike. I can assure you I will continue to come through for our school. I am prepared to take action and get results.
Always Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Rethink. and remember Alex Choi FOR PREZ!!! Sorry texting isn't an option, so grab your pencil and mark #3 on your ballot.
ZENUMIST94
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter