Minecraft Manga/Comic idea

_Ginko's Avatar _Ginko7/12/13 10:44 am
7/12/2013 12:47 pm
_Ginko's Avatar _Ginko
Hey guys I've been getting more practice at digital art and than an idea crossed my mind, im sure someone has thought of it before, BUT this deserves to be more than just a thought, living in Asia most of my life I learned Japanese cartoons more than the regular type. i can take care of the art part and i know this is going to be a long process, but I think this will be worth it. this will not be in color, id like to keep it traditional.
what id like from you is your ideas, your opinions, and most of all your stories.
i can do story's but i think it would be more fun if i collected pieces of the players imaginations, i will be posting benchmarks on my channel http://www.youtube.com/themechanicalpig
Lately i have been doing more cartoon art than anything, but im going to switch gears back into manga. this is probably going to take longer than a year, but im motivated and committed
Examples of my art

id like the story line to chapter one to start with the purchase of minecraft and the main characters initial reaction, feel free to make your own character, name, description and all the stuff, to help me draw the character
i hope to get your support in the beginning of this long journey.
_Ginko
Level 33 : Artisan Fox

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/12/2013 12:47 pm
_Ginko
im going to start with my idea until i see some responses, come on guys :3
07/12/2013 12:32 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
DeadSpaceDUde
no
07/12/2013 12:33 pm
_Ginko
problem?
07/12/2013 12:27 pm
_Ginko
i think for the main character we should keep it simple and call him Steve :3
ohh and if you didn't catch the part where i said this is traditional, don't mention color, its going to be black/white
07/12/2013 11:51 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
ChrisL
There already are multiple MineCraft webcomics, the most famous being WonderCraft, but I haven't seen one with a similar plot to what you described. There's no downside to another MC comic, so good luck with it.
07/12/2013 12:15 pm
_Ginko
of course, wondercraft is more professional that what im thinking of, im trying to get characters, plots, settings, stories. you name it from the community to make it more fun
07/12/2013 11:35 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
Stories you say...
What kind of stories are you thinking about?
07/12/2013 12:16 pm
_Ginko
anything you can think of, but lets start at the beginning,
as in you just purchased the game, first thoughts?
make a story of that, ill edit it and put it into manga/comic form
07/12/2013 11:27 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
awsomejames2120
honestly, i think this is the best idea for a comic ever! will you also be doing artworks for players who request it? because THAT would be awesome as well
07/12/2013 12:17 pm
_Ginko
i cant do artwork for players because they take time, lots of it or at least my style does...far from perfection. it takes me about 3 hours for an avatar without a background...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome