Name my book!

awesomesteve's Avatar awesomesteve8/29/13 4:28 pm
8/31/2013 10:38 pm
Duckgod's Avatar Duckgod
Hello PMC, today I need a little help.

I am writing a three-book series of novels, and I am looking for the perfect name. I also need names for the individual books. Unfortunately I cannot tell you the plot until I copyright the book, because I don't want anyone to steal my story. What I can tell you is posted below.

Click to reveal
The trilogy is set in a fairy-tale world in a medieval era containing magic, dragons, enchanters, and ancient traditions. The main characters of the first book are an Enchanter and Enchantress, and the royalties they serve. The leading role in the second belongs to a princess who runs away from home and becomes a knight to avoid betrothal. The third book describes a huge war and concludes the events begun in the first book.

The biggest recurring themes are fire as associated with magic, disrespect for tradition leading to disaster, and true love conquers all. (This is NOT a Twilight-style, true-love-equals-kissing, who-cares-about-the-fate-of-the-world-as-long-as-we're-together kind of book)

First Book: King Maxilian and Queen Astania are planning on getting married for political reasons. They do not wish to adhere to the traditional courtship practices,so they have the king's Enchanter, Bartholomew, and the Queen's Enchantress, Nialin, use magic to disguise themselves as their masters and take their places. This disregard for tradition causes many problems, including an assassination attempt.

Second Book: Maxilian and Astania have been married for many years, no one knows what has become of Bartholomew or Nialin, and the King and Queen's daughter, Alania, has been betrothed to a prince from another kingdom. Alania runs away, dresses in shining armor, and wanders the kingdom, killing dragons and seeing wonders. Then she meets a real knight, a very handsome one.

Third Book: Maxilian and Astania's actions have finally come around to bite them in the back, and as they quarrel with the kingdom of their daughter's betrothed husband, they are killed, leaving their kingdom in chaos. The wandering tribes, a highly warlike people, seize the opportunity to gain new land and launch a massive assault on the now leaderless kingdom. At the last minute, two knights and two Enchanters arrive to fight for the world they love....

If you can help me I will greatly appreciate it.

~awesomesteve

P.S. I am thinking of calling the second book 'Alania' after the main character.
awesomesteve
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/31/2013 10:38 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod
The Great Life of King Maxilian
08/31/2013 10:32 pm
awesomesteve
Okay, so currently the best suggestion for Book 1 is 'Embers' from OneSidedBattle.
Book 2 needs to be something like 'Alania's Fire'
Book 3 needs to be something like 'Flames of War'

Anyone got better suggestions for any of these or a name for the series?
08/31/2013 2:35 am
Level 47 : Master Dragonborn
Diddo
Alania Has 19 utters
08/31/2013 2:29 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
Teh_501st_Sniper
Alania's Fire?
08/30/2013 5:55 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
SnookieBookie
Seems like a good book, whenever I read "Naratar" I say "NAR A TAR" Cause I'm southern.
08/30/2013 6:09 pm
awesomesteve
That's actually pretty close. It's NAR-aTAR, which means "kindly old father" in Sindarin. (The language of the Elves in LOTR)
08/30/2013 3:38 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Unicorn
Frankieellen
Ahenishrelor the Life of Alania

Al-hen-shire-lor

It could mean the favoured one

I just made it up

I like making things up :3
08/30/2013 3:34 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Captain_cheese_
i'm not very good at dis but the first book could be through the flame
08/30/2013 3:26 pm
awesomesteve
bump
08/30/2013 1:10 pm
awesomesteve
Okay, everyone, I've added new info to the description, so you can get a better idea of the story you are writing a name for.
08/30/2013 1:09 pm
awesomesteve
Xsteam_MCW
Jake:
"Ember: The Forbidden Flame Barrier" - [I chose this because I love the word "Forbidden" - it just sounds so cool. Especially with a title named: "Ember."

Alice:
"Hey x - I've come up with something a little wacky..."
Title: Ember's Rage Beneath Us
2nd Title: The Rage That Interfered
3rd Title: Everything Must Crumble...

Jayce:
"Hey there, I'd love to give you my idea, so here it is..."
Title: Walking through a ring of fire
2nd Title: Ember's End
3rd Title: Why Is Ember In Us All?

Alex Kent: (He likes his name)
"It's something... Well, a little strange, I guess. I love writing - Just hate giving away ideas. Since I've seen your name Ember somewhere here - I'll finally give in."
Title: The Quake
2nd Title; Fire Blitz
3rd Title: Stubborn Tolerance
4th Title; The Chilling Echo

- Thanks, and there will be more. Once I've got enough energy to continue writing their replies (: -

Thanks! Tell your friends that I said thank you too. (If you've got the energy to tell all of them) Always a pleasure to encounter other writers.
08/30/2013 12:49 pm
Level 41 : Master Ninja
CtrlSyncS
Us writers love to produce amazing "Imaginative" stories. - Or just realistic. Anyway, here is a list of titles for the final book in your series: [Believe it or not, All of my old class mates filled in their opinion and an idea] - Since we were leaving
(Last names won't be mentioned, since they dislike most of theirs XD)

Jake:
"Hey there Steve, I've come up with an idea for you. I know how difficult it can be to come up with a title for a great series of books you have in mind to write one day." - So here is...

"Ember: The Forbidden Flame Barrier" - [I chose this because I love the word "Forbidden" - it just sounds so cool. Especially with a title named: "Ember."

Alice:
"Hey x - I've come up with something a little wacky..."
Title: Ember's Rage Beneath Us
2nd Title: The Rage That Interfered
3rd Title: Everything Must Crumble...

Jayce:
"Hey there, I'd love to give you my idea, so here it is..."
Title: Walking through a ring of fire
2nd Title: Ember's End
3rd Title: Why Is Ember In Us All?

Alex Kent: (He likes his name)
"It's something... Well, a little strange, I guess. I love writing - Just hate giving away ideas. Since I've seen your name Ember somewhere here - I'll finally give in."
Title: The Quake
2nd Title; Fire Blitz
3rd Title: Stubborn Tolerance
4th Title; The Chilling Echo

- Thanks, and there will be more. Once I've got enough energy to continue writing their replies (: -
08/30/2013 12:42 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer
MusaTheLegend
Palemberendio. Jk, I've got nothing xD
08/30/2013 1:06 pm
awesomesteve
LOL!!
08/30/2013 12:36 pm
awesomesteve
Cid_of_LufeniaI personally think you should disclose just a little more information about the storyline.......the little bit you have written down has me interested though so I will be thinking of a name.
My suggestion is currently "The Forsaken Flames" as it seems fire is not a force of good as far as I can see.

Okay, I'll add some more info to the post. Sorry I didn't reply last night, but the server went down while I was typing my responses.
08/30/2013 2:52 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Geek
OneSidedBattle
Embers. It's short simple and makes you wonder what the book is about.
08/30/2013 12:39 pm
awesomesteve
Wow. That one is really good. There is now a HUGE possibility that I will use that name. Thanks! I still do need names for the last book and the series itself.
08/30/2013 12:05 am
awesomesteve
bethennaCasters of Fire? These books seem awesome btw

Thanks! I'm glad you like the idea.
08/29/2013 5:13 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage
Wrenoski
'Alania and the casters of fire'

blending skelly-toon and bethenna's ideas
08/29/2013 5:10 pm
Level 20 : Expert Archer
BlueCube
Lost in the Fire (you could replace fire w/ blaze)

That's all I've got for now.
08/29/2013 5:02 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Batman
Cid_of_Lufenia
I personally think you should disclose just a little more information about the storyline.......the little bit you have written down has me interested though so I will be thinking of a name.

I would however suggest naming the book something that is relevant to the protagonist (Or protagonists if there are more than one). Or name the books after an important event or object in the novels.

The name should probably be relevant to the storyline (I have received a bit of hate the last time I wrote a story that had an ambiguous name) . That is all the help I can give for now but if fire is a reoccurring theme I would suggest something that is related in such a way .

My suggestion is currently "The Forsaken Flames" as it seems fire is not a force of good as far as I can see.
08/31/2013 3:08 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Taco
roryd04
I agree great name for the book, these books sound really interesting, Good Luck
08/31/2013 10:27 pm
awesomesteve
Thanks.
08/29/2013 4:59 pm
BlueCube
Bane of Fire? (Ill just throw a few more ideas around)
08/29/2013 4:57 pm
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
FirecatHD
"The secret path"
or
"Flame of destiny"
or
The mage

Some random names i came to think of
08/29/2013 4:53 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
Alania's Quest.
08/29/2013 4:50 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
bethenna
Casters of Fire? These books some awesome btw
08/29/2013 4:46 pm
awesomesteve
This is the Prelude.

Click to reveal
Sir Naratar drew his sword. “Stay back!” he bellowed, vainly attempting to keep the crowd under control. Suddenly a voice, calm and clear, rang out through the noise of the marketplace. “Stay back, please. We don’t want anyone else to get hurt.” He knew that voice. It was her. Naratar spun around, looking for her in the crowd. There was the sound of a loud slap, and the guard who hit her yelled:”Shut up, traitor! You aren’t going to save yourself by acting all meek and mild.” Naratar didn’t want to look. His heart frozen in his chest, he turned slowly around and looked at the pyre. There she was, standing above the crowd, chained to a stake. “Witch”, muttered the guard. Naratar stared in utter disbelief. What had she done to deserve burning? He had to do something. He was a knight, and here was his fair lady. But what could one man do against the fury of the king and his kingdom? Running toward the royal train, he sheathed his sword and prepared to plead for a life. He knew what he had to do. He would burn in her place. He, a knight of the king’s guard, would die a traitor in order to have her pardoned. But he was too late. The guards lit the pyre. The flame licked along the edges of wood.
08/29/2013 4:37 pm
BlueCube
Flame of Truth perhaps? I'm not real good at ideas like this...
08/29/2013 4:44 pm
awesomesteve
Thanks for the input! I actually think that sounds pretty good, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Keep them coming, though, 'cause even if they don't work, you could give me the idea I need!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome