I need some advice.

ralts's Avatar ralts8/27/14 3:32 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 50
9/28/2014 1:13 pm
ralts's Avatar ralts
OK, so my friend came over a few days ago, and we decided to trade some Littlest Pet Shop toys. She had a WHOLE collection of them, and I only had about 26. She was eyeing my collie dog, and she wanted it. It was one of my favorites, so I refused. She kept on begging and offering some of her unwanted toys. I kept on saying no, but I was getting quite annoyed. At one point, I was so annoyed that I just decided to trade her the dang thing to get it over with. She was reaaally happy about it, and I felt like I had done the right thing. But the next day, I sorta missed the dog that I had traded away. The pet that I had got suddenly felt less appealing than it was the day I had traded for it. I wanted to get my collie back, so I called her and asked for it back. She said no, and I honestly told her I had traded it out of annoyance, and I missed it a lot. She said that she had 'fell in love with it' and wouldn't give it to me. I really want it back, but I don't want to be mean. How can I convince her to trade it back?
ralts
Level 46 : Master Magical Girl

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/25/2014 9:09 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
09/28/2014 1:13 pm
ralts
...Ok?
09/03/2014 4:51 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Ally0808
Tell you parents and they'll discuss it.
09/25/2014 8:58 pm
ralts
I already told them and they told me to call her. That was the time when I called her and asked for it back
09/03/2014 4:48 pm
ralts
Thank you all for all the advice. To the people who are like, STEAL IT! I will not. And I guess she wasn't really the best of friends. I will try to get it back.. soon. I will not offer any of my other figurines but I will only tell her how much it meant to me. I'm sorta over it now, but I still miss it. Thanks for all the support guys
09/01/2014 1:41 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Modder
Calm_Hawk
for the record, I'm a boy, so I don't know this
09/01/2014 1:37 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
TheGreatWizard
Wow, I would say she was annoying and never give it.
09/01/2014 1:23 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ranger
SuperSwoosh
^^^
I've also shared similar experiences bunny.
09/01/2014 1:20 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Ah this reminds me of the time I traded my Charzard EX pokemon card to my friend for a magikarp ;-;
09/01/2014 12:49 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
angryparrot
She is NOT your "friend".
09/01/2014 12:52 pm
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
[2]
08/30/2014 9:52 am
Level 35 : Artisan Ninja
DatFox
Once you traded you can't exactly ask for something back, i'd maybe keep offering things or buy the collie thing back? if not, don't let it happen again
08/29/2014 10:49 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
Digin4Ever
Ye tell your parents, hopefully they can tell her parents and get you back your LPS.
08/29/2014 10:43 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
Well, she doesn't sound like a good friend honestly. Nagging you til you give her something you like isn't a good sign nor is refusing it give it back.

Well you could always buy a new one (if it's not on stores I am sure it's online), just in the future don't give into her so much. You don't need to give away your prized possessions just because your friend wants it.
08/29/2014 6:31 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
JPILOT8
I think you should tell your friend that you really liked that toy and that you wanted to give it to her so she would be happy! But you made a mistake because you really like the toy and that if she gives it back to you it would make you really happy! If she is a good friend she will give it back! If that does not work you should ask her why she does not want to give it back to you. If all else fails tell your mom or dad and they will call her parents! This is like a last resort, because she will probably spas at you and call you a rat. But if she does she was never your friend in the first place. And then you have your toy I wish you the best of luck
08/29/2014 6:00 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
Digin4Ever
Ask her if she is truly your friend, explain your mistake, or what Flying_Flames_13 said.
08/29/2014 5:25 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
Flying_Flames_13
Buy it from her, maybe $5-$20?
08/29/2014 5:09 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
diggingfordonuts
I lost my favourite Cat last year and now that same cat is like $12 + another $12 for shipping and handling and im not paying that just for 1 cat
08/29/2014 4:28 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
diggingfordonuts
Make a better offer i mean maybe give 2 for 1 of the ones you dont want or just buy a new one some lps on ebay are quite cheap
08/29/2014 12:33 pm
SuperSwoosh
It's not called being mean, it's called yolo- gotta do what you gotta do to get it back man. Apart from that, no further suggestions.
08/29/2014 3:21 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
PitchBright
Do you know what a theory is? You do realize that "you only live once" is just a theory, right? It's not the oldest theory, or even the most popular theory.

Here's a hot tip for you. What you think, becomes manifest. It's Quantum Mechanics 101. That means that the way you perceive the world, and what you expect, is what becomes reality. That's not a theory, that's a fact. That's science, kid.

Given that the vast majority of the of the population does NOT believe "yolo"… it means your reality, your world-view… is in the minority. Wanna know what happens when "worlds collide"? It means your reality is being crushed by our reality. You're a fish swimming against the quantum mechanic current, of that which is. And you're drowning.

Okay, now... here's another fact. In fact, it's not just a fact, but it's a law. "For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction." It's universal, and it applies to everything. There's a very wise expression you might wanna give some thought to… "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

So when you look at how you conduct yourself, in the light of "what you believe is what becomes reality", and the collective reality is that you either reincarnate or experience eternal life… the real conclusion is that YOU are in for a very long, and very painful ride…

Until you pull your head outta your hASHtag.

Obviously you're not a philosopher, or a science major, or an expert in religion… but we all know that you know better. So allow me to give YOU some ADVICE. A "further suggestion" if you will…

Get with the program, kid. Stealing is not good, it's dumb. If you wanna be that way, go ahead and be that way, but in the grander scheme - you're only hurting YOURSELF.

What's really sad about all of this, is that someone in need, has come to you for ADVICE… and in this, YOUR moment of golden opportunity to help by sharing the best of what is supposed to be reflective of YOUR human nature, all YOU offer is a misleading mentality and disingenuous catchphrase that you think makes you look cool.

I hope you catch up to the rest of us, sooner rather than later. Sincerely, I do.
08/30/2014 9:46 am
SuperSwoosh
tl;dr.

Bow down to the almighty, I dare not challenge thee opinion of thy, for fear of judgement!
Click to reveal
Also it was a joke, pull your head out of your philosophy 101 book and laugh a little- I'm not sure how you'll handle reality, but sooner or later, it will come to you, and you might just not like it. So calm down, take some caffeine, and go write me another one of those huge paragraphs which no one bothers to read, thank you.
08/27/2014 4:49 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
MatronixPVP
Ask her to bring it to school, and when she uses the bathroom go and take it away from her? Or when she comes over and you guys are playing be like "Gotta use le bathroom" and steal it...

Sometimes you gotta steal it back
08/27/2014 4:43 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
Now, I'm not one for toys or having feelings towards toys, but if your friend was selfish enough to consistently beg and annoy you for the toy, and won't give it back, I don't think that's a very good friend. She wouldn't survive like that in high school (assuming you aren't by the Littlest Pet Shop toy collection, no offense). As sad as it is, I think you should find friends who are...nicer.
08/27/2014 4:31 pm
SuperSwoosh
Steal it. I wouldn't really look to that as a good decision but feel free to go ahead and try it. Might as well- yolo.
08/27/2014 4:35 pm
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
Ashfur4ever
No. Bad, not a good idea. *hits you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*
08/27/2014 5:07 pm
SuperSwoosh
*Takes the paper and eats it then takes it out of the toilet and eats it again in a orange sandwhich*
meh, works for some people- thought I might as well put my 2 cents on the thread.
yolo.
08/29/2014 11:13 am
ralts
I am not stealing it. Again: I don't wanna be mean.
08/27/2014 4:31 pm
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
Ashfur4ever
I came to cover this and people already have astoundingly good and deep answers. Listen to them, your going to need these lessons later in life when you get hurt (mentality)
08/27/2014 4:24 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
Tell your parents.
08/29/2014 6:15 pm
duncan disorderly
Agreed. Playing the parent card is the best option. Don't get mad, get even with the little swindler.
08/27/2014 4:20 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
minecraftian2424
Women problems...
08/29/2014 10:48 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
Toy disputes aren't "women problems" really, it's pretty common amoungst kids of any gender.
09/01/2014 1:38 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Unicorn
Monster Unicorns
True
09/01/2014 12:08 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Ethoteric
Kids, teens, adults...it doesn't matter. If it's a collectable and something that they cherish, it's their own thing. Unless..you know they're collecting severed limbs and organs and other stuff like that .-.
08/31/2014 11:04 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Purple Nurple
Lol.
08/27/2014 4:10 pm
lukiebear12
Honestly you can ask her for it back, but the chances of her giving it back are very slim like Foxy said. Try to buy another one somewhere. Or find a new favorite.
08/27/2014 4:06 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Honestly it doesn't sound like there's much of a chance that she'd trade it back.

There are always things like amazon and ebay if you're not able to find another one though in stores, should you decide to try to buy a new one.
08/27/2014 4:04 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Zombie
sa5mmm
I agree with pitchbright, this does teach you a good valuable lesson. But if you believe your friend is truly your friend you can try to explain how you felt about the situation again, maybe try to reword your feelings so that she might understand. People don't like if you use "You" accusations. So try to change everything into the "I" perspective. Say something like "I really loved the collie toy." "I wanted to make you feel happy about this trade." "But I really miss it now, and I think it was a mistake for me to give into the pressure I was feeling." "I would really like if you consider giving the collie back or reversing the trade." "I can help you find another collie."

Now of course I'm not you and I don't know your friend, but sometimes it takes a bit for friends to realize they've hurt their friends. You can change any of the things I have said, but try to keep it in the "I" point of view, it helps the other person see how you feel. I'm not sure how to addressed your friend at first, but sometimes if you don't have a clear mind you could have hurt your friend as much as it hurt you to trade the collie. If you think you might have hurt your friend you could try another "I" statement as well, something like:

"I'm sorry about what I said the other day. Now that I think back I see that I was upset and not thinking too clearly, and that the words I used could have hurt you. I would like to try again."

Then go with the statements I suggested above, but try to make them your own words, practice them before a mirror so it will be easier to talk to your friend about it. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but if you can come out sounding mature and that you care about your friend I'm sure you guys will find a compromise.
08/27/2014 3:52 pm
Level 24 : Expert Geek
Super Red
I think you should try to find another collie or whatever or try to find another favorite.
08/27/2014 3:49 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
PitchBright
You are learning three good lessons here.

1) Always be true to yourself. You didn't want to trade the thing away in the first place, and you shouldn't have compromised yourself.

2) Live with your decisions. What has happened, is in the past, you have to learn to live with the decision you make. Strive to make good decisions.

3) Surround yourself with people that will treat you with the love and respect you deserve. If your friend doesn't respect or care about you enough to trade it back after you've expressed your sincere regret, then that should tell you something about her. Also, the people you surround yourself with, are a reflection of who YOU are as a person. Be a good person, and be with good people.

I'm sorry this isn't the solution you were looking for, to your problem. But, I think this advice is what you need to hear in order to PREVENT future problems like this.
09/03/2014 4:54 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
I_Ranger
Well Said
08/31/2014 10:52 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
xPotatoFrys
I agree. You should have only traded it if you actually wanted to. It was your decision to trade in the first place, so it is part of your blame that it is gone now. Take it as a lesson, and move on in life.
09/01/2014 1:23 pm
SuperSwoosh
^^^^^^
08/27/2014 4:59 pm
ralts
Thanks for the advice
08/27/2014 4:25 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
A million times this.

You made a commitment when you agreed on a trade with your friend. If you really cared about the toy you traded, you shouldn't have traded it just to shut your friend up. It's your responsibility to hold up your end of the bargain.

At the same time, your friend-- if she was a good friend-- should be able to see that you realized you made a mistake and put aside her selfishness and give it back to you. If she isn't prepared to do that, then she's not a very good friend.
08/31/2014 11:03 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Purple Nurple
Oh my god! I couldn't have put it in better words! That's not right, I wouldn't have just done something because someone was annoying me. I would tell them no and no means no. If they kept on going on I would straight out tell them to shut up. But at the same time, I'm a guy and you're a girl. So I don't know how a girl would take it if you told her to no or shut up.
08/27/2014 4:29 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
This 4 quadrillion times. (Which is also how many combinations of MInecraft worlds there are)
08/27/2014 4:21 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
minecraftian2424
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is a pretty nice answer
08/27/2014 3:44 pm
The Galactic Cultist
-snip-
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024