A new feature for "Diamonding"?

SwooceRoDah's Avatar SwooceRoDah1/21/14 12:41 pm
1/21/2014 4:28 pm
funny bunny's Avatar funny bunny
Alright, so as many of you may know, people rarely give diamonds to others. More often than not, there are skins and other projects that deserve recognition, but remain unnoticed. So, I have an idea that would make people feel more obliged to give diamonds. I would assume that the reason people don't bother diamonding projects is because it takes too much time. You have to click on the project, wait for it to load, and then press the diamond icon. Even though it really doesn't take long, this process could be sped up. By simply adding a diamond icon or a diamond link to the preview of a project, more people would diamond quality work. Now, I'm not saying this to spam the developers by saying "WE WANT MOAR XP AN DIMONDZ" or anything like that, but I feel that this could be quite useful. I suppose you could think of it as the system Tumblr has for reblogging posts. Anyways, thanks for reading, and be sure to let me know what you guys think of this idea!
SwooceRoDah
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/21/2014 4:28 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
More member=More ads
More ads=more money
More money= better site
Better site = well you get the idea, thats why you have to sign up. Blame the internet.
01/21/2014 4:23 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
ScootzMC
GuyAlright, so as many of you may know, people rarely give diamonds to others. More often than not, there are skins and other projects that deserve recognition, but remain unnoticed. So, I have an idea that would make people feel more obliged to give diamonds. I would assume that the reason people don't bother diamonding projects is because it takes too much time. You have to click on the project, wait for it to load, and then press the diamond icon. Even though it really doesn't take long, this process could be sped up. By simply adding a diamond icon or a diamond link to the preview of a project, more people would diamond quality work. Now, I'm not saying this to spam the developers by saying "WE WANT MOAR XP AN DIMONDZ" or anything like that, but I feel that this could be quite useful. I suppose you could think of it as the system Tumblr has for reblogging posts. Anyways, thanks for reading, and be sure to let me know what you guys think of this idea!

^^^^^
01/21/2014 4:07 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
I disagree
I can't tell you how many times I've seen a preview picture that looks amazing but then when I click on the build, it's the crappiest thing ever that anyone could come up with in 5 minutes if they wanted to. The same goes for those people who have some amazing artwork as their preview picture and fail to make their build anything like the idea. These types of builds shouldn't be awarded a ton of diamonds because people were too lazy to actually check to see if it was a quality build or not.

Diamonding should be special in that a person thinks your project is so good that they actually take that extra time to click on it, wait for it to load, then evaluate it. It shouldn't just be like a thumbs up that nobody pays much attention to.
01/21/2014 4:00 pm
SwooceRoDah
That still wouldn't be very secure, because the person could just use a different wi-fi signal (like free wi-fi from McDonald's for example) to boost their diamonds. Or run their IP through a proxy to scramble it. So it's not very secure.
01/21/2014 2:58 pm
SwooceRoDah
To get back on topic - perhaps this feature could be used for skins. When hovering over a skin with your mouse, a drop-down menu of sorts could display the skin in it's 3D preview form. In the corner, there could be the diamond icon that also displays how many diamonds the skin already has received.
01/21/2014 2:25 pm
SwooceRoDah
Non-PMC members diamonding would not work. Because then, the person diamonding would be able to just refresh and diamond again, and that wouldn't be very good :/
01/21/2014 3:33 pm
Level 89 : Elite War Lord
Kefka
not true, the website could just track if you gave a diamond by your ip.
01/21/2014 4:02 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
IP spoofing is very easy to do.
Regardless, no other site does this. Reddit, Imgur, etc, you all have to be signed in to comment, upvote/downvote, etc for very good reason.
01/21/2014 2:15 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Keep in mind that downloads and views give you XP. Diamonds should be given sparingly to the content you feel is exceptional in quality. I often hear the story of "omg dey downlode but no dimand??" - it's because the submission was not good. They didn't feel it worthy. They tried it, didn't like it, so they didn't diamond. Easy.

-P
01/21/2014 2:22 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
KirstenMission
Better yet, Paril comments!!! And makes sense. I really do think that non-planetminecrafters should be able to diamond/favorite to people because I know people who love diamonding and say they get temp-banned/banned from planetminecraft, they would want to keep on diamonding! Just how I feel, not up to me.
01/21/2014 2:08 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
I diamond a lot to a lot of people but I know many people don't take the time to do it. this would only work for skins though.
01/21/2014 1:16 pm
Level 89 : Elite War Lord
Kefka
You can't always tell if the work is good enough to diamond by just the preview alone. As for myself, I would not give a diamond to any work unless I clicked on it and checked it out first. Even if this was not the case, I doubt letting you diamond a preview would even help bring up the diamond count. The main reason you don't see a lot of diamonding when you compare it with views and downloads is because you need to become a pmc member to give a diamond. If they let non pmc members diamond, this would really make a difference in the diamond counts.
01/21/2014 2:12 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
KirstenMission
You know all. Someone get Azie in on this forum. It'll make a big difference if she comments XD
01/21/2014 1:16 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
They could also add a mini description, a drop down menu that has a very brief description of what the upload is, so you aren't just diamonding by the pictures
01/21/2014 1:11 pm
SwooceRoDah
Ah, that is true. I suppose it could work for skins?
01/21/2014 1:08 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mountaineer
toofgib
it is a nice idea but people first have to see the whole project before they can decide if they are going to give a diamond, if there is a diamond icon on the preview people cant have a look at the whole project.
01/21/2014 1:07 pm
SwooceRoDah
Well it's nice to see so many positive comments! Thank you everyone. Maybe we could get a mod in on this xD
01/21/2014 1:02 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Darkrai48
I think this would be cool, just so long as it looks good. Looks are a big part of my opinion of things xD
01/21/2014 1:00 pm
Level 48 : Master Baconator
SonicFan1011
Good Idea. Projects/skins that deserve the diamonds will get the diamonds they deserve. I approve.
01/21/2014 12:58 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
This would be very nice

01/21/2014 12:52 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
This is actually a fantastic idea, and a very simple solution.
01/21/2014 12:49 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Nice idea, someone should check this thread
01/21/2014 12:50 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
RollerdinoGaming
Agreed.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com