Opinions needed for ranks!

littlefeller's Avatar littlefeller7/24/16 12:03 am
7/31/2016 2:31 pm
emilyPx's Avatar emilyPx
So im creating a survival server and im up to creating the ranks and there kits... so my aim is to not make the server very op and for kits i was just going to make the first 3 lower ranks iron armor with prot 1 or 2 maybe 3 and the high ranks diamond with prot 1 or 2.. is this a good idea? Or people would prefer the more op side of things?
littlefeller
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/31/2016 2:31 pm
emilyPx
littlefellerSo im creating a survival server and im up to creating the ranks and there kits... so my aim is to not make the server very op and for kits i was just going to make the first 3 lower ranks iron armor with prot 1 or 2 maybe 3 and the high ranks diamond with prot 1 or 2.. is this a good idea? Or people would prefer the more op side of things?

not bad idea, good luck in creating!
07/24/2016 4:05 am
XTimeX
Give them some basic kit on start. Depends on what kind of server do you want. If it's vanilla survival a little bit of food and some basic tools will be enough. If it's more like survival PvP server then give them more weapons. As for items, I'm not an expert on this but as far as I know by EULA it isn't allowed to sell items or any kind of perks that would give players advantage over other players. Cosmetics are allowed so commands like hat or nick (assuming you have plugins) are allowed to sell. But something that would give advantage isn't. And it really does destroy the fun when everyone has OP kits.
07/24/2016 2:58 am
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
_Insane
Everyone who has commented on this has gone for the more OP side of things. I beg to differ, because if you have not very OP things while still giving them an advantage worth their money, then they may pay longer due to the fact that they haven't instantly become one of the better players on the server. Make it so they still have to work for their goals, thus them playing longer and just as possible more often.

I hope my comment was helpful, and good luck on your server!
07/24/2016 3:11 am
littlefeller
Thank you just another question because people have different opinions on it but should i make it so people start off with nothing?
07/27/2016 4:08 am
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
_Insane
No, I personally dislike when I join a server and have nothing. I'm used to joining and seeing "oh, I have a full set of leather armor and stone tools, as well as 16 torches and some bread." Instead of joining and going "now what command do I have to do to get a starter kit? Wait, there isn't one?! Wtf this server sucks I have to get everything by hand like I'm supposed to do in this game!" So basically the answer is give them something to start off with, enough for them to think it's a decent enough start, and not so much that they are already doing pretty good. If there's economy, it's a good idea to start them off with a little bit of cash, but nothing over $1000 I'd say.
07/24/2016 2:41 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
first of all, make kits really op and that you need to buy them so the children will cry about it and will force their parents to spend money on your server

done.
07/24/2016 2:22 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
Soda_Toast
Hello
07/24/2016 2:18 am
Level 37 : Artisan Dragonborn
Lexxonist
<insert comment here>
07/24/2016 1:45 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
Soda_Toast
I like that you are trying to make the kits not so OP. I personally don't like kits being so OP and I think most other people will too. Good luck on your server!!!
07/24/2016 2:23 am
littlefeller
Sweet, thank you for your input!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome