So... do people actually find PewDiePie funny?

Swimmer1929's Avatar Swimmer19297/18/14 2:13 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 54
7/18/2014 5:32 pm
Pownage's Avatar Pownage
Click to reveal
This isn't hate. I don't dislike PewDiePie, I just don't see why he's the most popular YouTuber ever

I really don't see how PewDiePie is the most popular channel on YouTube. There has got to be something that I'm missing. Judging by the comments section of his videos most of his fans are under 12 years old, so that's something. I mean how is this funny (just the title alone is uncalled for and I really don't see how it's funny):

Or this:

What's your opinion on him?
Swimmer1929
Level 40 : Master Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/18/2014 5:31 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
can we just leave this at everyone has the right to their own opinion and have their own taste in comedy and entertainment
07/18/2014 5:32 pm
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Pownage
This.

Locked to prevent flame war.
07/18/2014 5:24 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
LlamaQueen
I'm ten (what you would expect to be his fan base) and, Seriously? I don't understand, why is he the most popular youtube ever? I just don't get it. And they way he swears and screams all the time and stuff. -sighs- My nine year old brother watches PewDiePie and he's like "OMG you should watch it, it's like, SOOOO amazing!" But, he's nine and he shouldn't be watching these things with like lotsa swearing and stuff.
I just don't understand why he's so popular!
07/18/2014 5:15 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
I subscribed to him in 2011 I think and now I kinda don't want to unsubscribed but I haven't watched a video of his since late 2012 I'd say.

Click to reveal
I am such a hipster, I've been subbed to pewdiepie since 2011
07/18/2014 5:11 pm
Level 21 : Expert Robot
Themoonwolves20
My honest opinion: I think PewDiePie seems to be a nice guy. He's a great photoshop artist. His language doesn't necessarily make the video funnier. His earlier videos were better. I have no clue why. Might just be the early Youtuber charm. He isn't really that funny anymore.
07/18/2014 11:44 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Toast
DiscoToad
Back on topic

I find him hilarious because I'm just that immature.

Deal With It.
07/18/2014 11:20 am
Level 40 : Master Warrior
atabler
What? Who is Pewdiepie? Whoever he is.... Paulsoaresjr is better!
-No swearing
-He's very funny
-The first Minecraft youtuber
-Not ever inappropriate
07/18/2014 5:27 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
Paul's first YouTube channel before 'paulsoaresjr' was just swear words, I can't remember the name but I remember one video on it was a rollercoaster tutorial with powered minecarts was back in the day.

When I say it was just swear words, I mean the channel name was literally just swear words.
07/18/2014 5:06 pm
Swimmer1929
So much yes ;D
07/18/2014 11:13 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
NoahTheDog
I don't personally like him that much he's kinda offensive and I'm not offended easily but some of his really old videos are cool.
07/18/2014 9:42 am
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
PixelFury
To me hes basically...meh. I don't really care rather I like him or not. Just plain meh whatever.
07/18/2014 9:30 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
I do not find PewDiePie amusing at all.
I can see the appeal, but there are better people for specific things you want.

For short, but somewhat stupid, videos, I find SeaNanners is the best.
For uncut, all is there, footage, GassyMexican is pretty good, but the Creatures are decent as well. CaptainSparklez can fit in here as well, but he's one of the more diverse cases.
07/18/2014 9:26 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
telamonianajax
He is the most famous because he cheated the system. He used to live in, what was it, Sweden? and he became very popular for the Northern Europe Youtube. Then he moved to Italy and brought his fan base with him, so the Southern Europe Youtube recommended him too. Then he moved to the US, and got even more popular, but was helped by his large existing fan base causing him to be auto recommended more than anyone else.
Game Theory did a whole episode about it.
07/18/2014 11:33 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Toast
DiscoToad
Whooo Game Theory!
07/18/2014 11:38 am
Level 81 : Elite Witch
Crescendo
This is all just a theory...

A GAME THEORY
07/18/2014 11:26 am
Level 39 : Artisan Pokemon
skits
He didn't move to the US, his fan base spread to America due to him speaking English however
07/18/2014 8:49 am
Level 1 : New Miner
snoopeburd
I don't have a problem with cussing. But he does cuss to much. He's immature, which everyone is . But really? A toilet full of period is the name of his video? When he plays a scary game his reactions are fake. Awful youtuber. But dem 10 year olds love em
07/18/2014 9:04 am
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Cheezbergur11
I do have a problem with cussing, but I can live with it if it's bleeped out or something.

I saw the first 5 mins of this video of this horror game he was playing. Even when nothing was going on he would be like "Oh da%*it, holy f$%k!"

IMO some of his reactions are fake but not all of them. Like honestly, nobody swears THAT often in real life. At least most people don't ;P so yeah I agree he just does it for the cameras.

Another thing, there actually ARE Youtubers who are popular who aren't immature, but they're a little hard to find at this point. My favorite Youtubers are the ones who are clean but don't try to act all cool and hilarious at the same time.

^^^just to name a few I would say stampylonghead, paulsoaresjr, and bigbstatz.
Also SSundee. I don't really watch him, but he's getting more and more popular and I don't really ever hear him curse.
07/18/2014 8:21 am
Level 49 : Master Pixel Painter
Trainer_Brendan
So he is basically like the -current- SkyDoesMinecraft?
07/18/2014 8:45 am
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
Yes, but he's less mature and makes some pretty offensive and off-colour jokes sometimes. (This coming from me, and I'm not easily offended.)

Personally I like Felix as a person, he seems like a nice guy. But I don't like PewDiePie at all; he cusses all the time even though he knows his subscriber base is almost entirely between the ages of nine and thirteen. (Kids that are far too young to be swearing but do it anyway)

I watched PewDiePie a few years ago when he was just over 1 Million subs, back in the days of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. He seemed more genuine than he does now; now he just makes offensive jokes and swears every three seconds. Let's all face it: He's a one-trick pony, he doesn't know how to be funny in any other way.
07/18/2014 8:35 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Yes.
07/18/2014 7:55 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
i enjoy his videos

just never read the comments
07/18/2014 6:40 am
Level 46 : Master Architect
MayoChips
sidtom
Killertoad

Also, his fanbase is horrible. If they see someone do something that even looks like something "pewd's" has done, they will call that person a pewdiepie copy cat, and stuff.

One of the youtubers I watch (ihascupquake) played a few games that he played and in the comments... Oh the rage is horrible like at least 50% of the comments are saying, "Why U copy pewds" or "Hay! You stole that from pewds" in that exact grammer (if you want to call it that.) They're just steam games why do people think she copies him!

Yeah! Exactly! That he plays those games does not mean he owns em.
07/18/2014 6:35 am
Level 46 : Master Architect
MayoChips
I think it is just a kind of humour that some people like and some don't
07/18/2014 6:09 am
Crescendo
Not everyone is expected to donate everything they earn to charity like Bill Gates... Think about it, Youtube fame will only last so long and then he'll probably have to move on to pastures new, he's going to have to save for his future after all.

And he raised $40,000 in a campaign, not just donating straight from what he earns which mean he went to the effort to raise some cash specifically for charity.

Your right he's not a saint, he swears and sometimes makes poor jokes, but he's not a BAD guy. You either like his channel or you don't really...
07/18/2014 6:08 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
samfinity
I personally don't mind him, but in the first post you said:
Swimmer1929This isn't hate. I don't dislike PewDiePie, I just don't see why he's the most popular YouTuber ever

And if you're really wondering why he's famous, the answers right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMqhEMhVV8
07/18/2014 6:02 am
Level 30 : Artisan Archer
gusgus
pewdiepie is amaze
07/18/2014 5:53 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
07/18/2014 5:08 pm
Swimmer1929
I didn't mean that his entire fanbase is 11 or that all 11 year olds like him, and you're an example of that, lol
07/18/2014 5:33 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
The_Sowhart
I last time I watched PewDiePie was when he played Conkers Bad Fur Day and he even ruined that for me by him just yelling "yolo" every five seconds and other things.
07/18/2014 5:25 am
Level 1 : New Pirate
slemmen447
I think this video gives you a pretty good idea of why he is popular. (NOT PEWDIEPIE VIDEO) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMqhEMhVV8
07/18/2014 3:27 am
Level 37 : Artisan Turtle
Fellanchicken
It really depends on the video for me.
07/18/2014 3:26 am
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
I thinks hes kinda overrated the oh my friends like him I must like him to effect.
07/18/2014 3:23 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Kind of depends on the video for me. I wouldn't say I dislike him though. I like watching him read his mail and such on Fridays with Pewdiepie. Seems like a nice guy.
07/18/2014 3:23 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
umg pewdz h8er i wil ban u how dare u insult pewdz

In all seriousness -
Some people like him, some people don't and that's the way it is with everything. Personally I don't find him to be the funniest guy in the world but he does make me laugh from time to time.
07/18/2014 3:03 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Pokemon
EnchantedM
I watch him but i do think he swears and other stuff like that. Its amusing if you're just looking for something to do.
07/18/2014 2:53 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Well...I see this is mainly a thread that doesn't really like PewDiePie. So I'll kick in my input and then get out of here.

I personally like him mainly because when he does swear, he sometimes does it in a different language. No idea why but I just find that chuckle worthy.
But there are two attitudes to swearing. Those who become offended and those who just laugh it off. I just laugh it off. Plus, innuendos are generally a norm in gamer culture. Not saying everyone does it! But a lot of people do and sometimes they can be some of the funniest jokes.
However, I will concede that he can go a bit far at times. And as long as you don't act like other PewDiePie fans and PewDiePie himself, you shouldn't be subject to the same stigma.
Oh and PewDiePie's girlfriend is really very pretty and they make an awesome couple. Just saying!

Right! I'm out of here!
07/18/2014 6:10 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
This is why I like PewDiePie. Another reason is because while watching him, horror games aren't that 'horror' anymore. He just makes your to not have fear of horror games (at least in my opinion).
07/18/2014 6:13 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Miner
TheDuckMiner
I agree. ^^
07/18/2014 3:00 am
Swimmer1929
You have some good points but it's not that I don't like PewDiePie, I just don't see why he's the most famous YouTuber ever, lol
07/18/2014 3:10 am
Crescendo
I personally like his video's xP yeah sometimes he's a little inappropriate but a lot of gamers are let's just be honest we're not all saints.

I have to agree though, a large proportion of his fanbase are young and immature and he's even said in his own video's for them to calm down a bit in the comments section. As for why he's the most subscribed, well TheGameTheorists did a video sort of scientifically explaining why if you wanna check it out xP

He also raised a little bit of money for charity so I guess he does good things outside of youtube too!
07/18/2014 5:45 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Terrobility
Um... He earns more than $500,000 a month. All he donated was $40,000?
07/18/2014 2:48 am
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
EnderPvPsYT
Tbh I think he's not funny at all, I think he also bots some of his subs, check out his views..
07/18/2014 2:46 am
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
sidtom
Killertoad

Also, his fanbase is horrible. If they see someone do something that even looks like something "pewd's" has done, they will call that person a pewdiepie copy cat, and stuff.

One of the youtubers I watch (ihascupquake) played a few games that he played and in the comments... Oh the rage is horrible like at least 50% of the comments are saying, "Why U copy pewds" or "Hay! You stole that from pewds" in that exact grammer (if you want to call it that.) They're just steam games why do people think she copies him!
07/18/2014 2:30 am
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
I think the second one was pretty alright. Heck, if he made more stuff like that then I'd subscribe to him, I don't like his gaming / screaming videos ver much at all, and I agree he kinda does some uncalled for things.
07/18/2014 2:23 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
I agree 100% with you, some of my friends like him, and then others that don't "game" (like my girlfriend) love him. I don't see why, he just screams, and yells and people thinks it's funny. He makes stupid sounds, and is just... annoying. I don't see how anyone could like him.

His fanbase also ruin's games, because when he shows off a game, all his fans play it, and just make the game unfun.

Example; Unturned: He showed it, saying it was like Minecraft and DayZ came together (Which it's not, unturned is a game made off of a mod from roblox, fyi "pewd's"). Before the video, the servers were somewhat peaceful, not many trolls, everyone was kinda minding their business, and then that video uploaded, and bam servers were crazy, kids were getting on and just running people over for the heck of it, and trolling, and all.

This isn't the first game, but it's the first that I've experienced first hand.
07/18/2014 2:31 am
Swimmer1929
Dude you stole the words from my mouth haha. Thank goodness he hasn't uploaded a Minecraft video in 3 years (probably wouldn't make a difference though). Unfortunately I discovered Unturned the day after PewDiePie uploaded the video on it so I never got to experience what it's like without the crazy kids ;(
07/18/2014 2:36 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Haha, and yeah, that sucks:b I wouldn't of known about it, if I hadn't of refreshed steam on the new releases on the "ftp" section. It popped up, and I downloaded it, and got my friends on, and we were on the first couple of servers, lol. Then bam, 1000000 people joined, lol.
07/18/2014 2:18 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
He overuses dirty joke, swears a ton, and overreacts to everything. That's apparently what the new generation likes.
07/18/2014 5:46 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Terrobility
So true. His videos may be a bit funny but they are too much for me to watch
EDIT: I'm just 14.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome