Rate my Server's Website?

2 emeralds5 replies196 views
C_Corp2002 started 07/29/2019 6:23 pm
and replied 07/30/2019 3:54 pm
Hello my dudes, i am looking for some constructive criticism of my Server's Website.
Its Riiiiight here:
http://colossalcombat.zapto.org/

Poll ended 08/03/2019 6:23 pm.

Posted by avatar
C_Corp2002
Level 25 : Expert Network

5 replies

07/29/2019 9:15 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
Overall it looks good, but a few things could be improved.

1. The slideshow of pictures has very low-res images, and they look bad when scaled up. I am not sure what they are pictures of either. You should change the slideshow to include screenshots of what your server looks like. You might also want to change the transition speed so people have a longer time to look at the pictures. A smooth transition between the pictures would also look good.

2. Your site needs more screenshots. People will be more interested to join if they have an idea of what it's like to play on your server. You could put these in the slideshow I mentioned above, and/or you could also add a picture beneath the description of each game mode.

3. The header should not follow when the user scrolls down. It should move up with the rest of the page when the user scrolls down. Having it always visible makes the site feel a bit claustrophobic, since it covers a large portion of the top of the screen.

4. The diamond in the header is blurry because it has been scaled up above the image's actual resolution. To fix this, either get a higher resolution image, or display the image at a smaller size. Perhaps you could replace it with your custom server logo if/when you get one.

5. The "Copy IP" button could use some more contrast between the button's background and its text.

6. The "Welcome to Colossal Combat" text would look nicer in a different font since it is the title.
07/30/2019 3:54 pmhistory
C_Corp2002
thanks for the ideas! I just implemented a better background!
PS: Ill be adding more screenshots
07/29/2019 9:13 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
Good site!

(I voted error 404 tho... XD)
07/29/2019 6:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
minblock
Impressive has a small spelling error
zapto.org
07/29/2019 7:24 pm
C_Corp2002
thanks, and I know of the spelling error, the IP is stuck as that, but what ever. Its a free DNS.
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2021
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome