Rules or not?

busterdogtnt's Avatar busterdogtnt11/26/18 3:57 pm
6 emeralds 449 8
11/27/2018 11:16 pm
AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis
Do you like playing on servers with rules like Hypixel and Mineplex or do you like servers with no rules like 2B2t and Constatiam. I like arnarchy servers that don't ban you for hacking or building lag machines.
busterdogtnt
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/27/2018 11:00 pm
Level 41 : Master System
Devi The Panda
I go for communism servers. BAN WHEN THE PEOPLE ARE FEELING SAFE!!
11/27/2018 10:47 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
lizking10152011
I tend to stay within my worlds and worlds of good trusted friends. This way I know exactly what to expect in terms of gameplay and world rules with it being upheld. This allows for planned projects with more than one person to also get underway alot easier without interference. This also allows for game difficulty changes to be made as needed as well. Servers never really had an appeal to me, so in this case, neither would be my vote if it were available.

Too many times have I tried playing with random people where they either like to grief my builds, or look at something decent that I constructed and tell me that I'm not playing the game right, because they just want to kill mobs and live in a dirthole and hence see creative building as a bad thing.
11/27/2018 11:16 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
AGTRigorMortis
They're probably also the type of people who think creative building shouldn't be allowed in survival mode and that survival mode should be made as hard as possible to the point where it becomes nearly impossible to defend the projects you spent weeks, months or even years piecing together in your world.

Most of us don't want a game to feel like a job we're not being paid to do. People play games for entertainment value and I don't alienate creative builders on my survival servers, obviously fighting the Ender Dragon and other bosses is part of the survival gameplay, but there's a reason for Mojang designing the game the way they did, they want to encourage creativity. That's one reason I don't play hardcore mode, I want all my friends including myself to be able to continue to play on the same world they're working on regardless if they died or not.
11/27/2018 8:23 am
AGTRigorMortis
I like servers with rules on them
There's no point in building something if it's just going to get taken down by other players.

I've seen far too many videos where people have had trolls destroy their builds
and what's even worse is the childish idiots in the comment section on Youtube videos who make excuses for it.

Luckily I don't currently have this problem.
Also I make sure I invite friends who I trust, that's why I haven't had anyone grief my servers in many years.

Minecraft is only a game, sure, but that doesn't mean people have a right to ruin an experience for everyone else. If you like grief then keep that with anarchy servers that don't have rules on them.
11/26/2018 9:56 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Narwhal
pastelnarwhal
I'm a bit of a stickler for rules, and while I think sometimes swearing rules are a little too strict for some, I think that overall I would rather not have my build destroyed or my game lagged just because I'm that kind of person. Basically, I prefer rules to help me enjoy my gameplay and stuff, but I can see the appeal in anarchy, it's just not for me.
11/26/2018 7:54 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
Thonck
I think some servers have WAY too many rules. But having enough where the server can maintain order is important.
11/27/2018 8:44 am
AGTRigorMortis
I don't set too many rules on my ones

but one rule I did make on my survival realm is players go off in different directions so we're at least 5,000 blocks apart, and only join each others territory if they're into "teamwork" so to speak, where they're contributing to building their villages.

Another, is do not spawn a wither unless they have a foolproof plan on destroying it legitimately.
Withers are not allowed to be spawned near other peoples villages without permission.
Another is not to bring Creepers into peoples houses, same goes for the use of TNT or other destructive items.

It's also PVE except in battle arena sessions where people challenge each other to a duel, which will come in late game, I like to keep things sensible and with participation involved.

No theft of earned loot is allowed obviously.

I'm going to write a rule book and put it in the chest of each individual to remind them how things are.
Everything else goes, if they wish to travel out on their own, do at their own peril. But if they die then that's not the fault of other players on the realm. :P
11/26/2018 4:08 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
eh. to me it depends on the server.
basically how it's ran with rules, and how it's ran with no rules.
idk if that makes sense.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome