Scared of interacting with my newborn little sister

uglyboi's Avatar uglyboi12/10/17 11:30 am
4 emeralds 389 9
12/12/2017 12:04 pm
uglyboi's Avatar uglyboi
i dont know why it is that every time i see my day old newborn sister my heart rate increases i just have a strong feeling i will accidently hurt the baby is it best i stay away from her ? i know you may be thinking its just a feeling but in a way when i have this feeling something bad always happens like 2-3 months before i saw 4 cats get hit by a car like right outside my house when i left for training and one day a speeding car ran over my foot and broke my ankle and toe (im still recovering) shall i stay away or not be worried

Poll ended 12/13/2017 11:30 am.

uglyboi
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/11/2017 11:34 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
hatchettwit
If you're afraid of hurting a baby, supervision is a good thing. Try snuggling up in your favorite seat or on a couch, you can hold her more securely there. Not sure how old ya are but just ask what's ok, should be fine. If you're still afraid to hold the baby, you can also play with the little one while they're laying in something secure like a bed or baby holder. You don't have to hold if you don't want.

Talk to your mum or dad, let them know what's up. You sound like you want to be close but just want to be careful. Parents can work with that :)
12/12/2017 12:04 pm
uglyboi
your right she has a little basket in her cot and i just watch her whilst shes there that will be safe i guess thanks for advice
12/11/2017 10:45 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ScrewYouPikachu
Look at a distance. You can touch or be near. Try to not hold or anything until they are older. Newborns are actually really tough in general (I'd know, I'm a father) but really, the issue is hygiene. They can get sick so don't interact too much until 3-4 months or so. Then you'll be much better. Always give them distance after they get Vaccinations because Vaccines will weaken the child and make them sick for some time. They can have adverse reactions and get extremely high fevers that cause permanent brain damage. This is because they are essentially putting a half-dead virus into their bloodstream. It's risky. We waited until our daughter had a developed immune system before putting her through that, but chances are, your parents haven't done their research and are just Vaccinating at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 18 months, and again at 24 months. It's really not good for the child but what you can do for them is to make sure you have good hygiene and stay away during the first few months of their life. Other than that, don't worry about the baby getting a bump or two on the head. It's super common and they're very resilient.
12/12/2017 12:03 pm
uglyboi
thanks for the advice
12/12/2017 12:02 pm
uglyboi
thanks for the advice
12/10/2017 11:29 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Vampire
Sunstroke
I always stayed away from my younger cousins because I felt the same way and now I have like no relationship with them at all.

My advice would to be try and hold her and stuff while an adult is around. They'll help you and make sure nothing bad happens. Then hopefully you'll learn and get used to her and you won't be afraid anymore :)
12/11/2017 2:56 pm
uglyboi
thanks i better start getting involved before i go off to basic training
12/10/2017 12:49 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
12/10/2017 5:09 pm
uglyboi
lol thanks for the advice my mom said if shes not present i should keep distance
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome